SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 03-01-2011, 05:04 PM
SageTVaholic

2 Movies - same title - different years

How do I handle this issue for the fanart?

Example... Alice in Wonderland. I have the 1951 movie and the 2010 movie.

BMT seems to store the fanart for both into the same fanart folder.

Is ther any way I can force the fanart folder name to use the year for one of them?

k
Old 03-01-2011, 05:21 PM
Sage Aficionado

What I have done is to create another fanart directory using the year - Alice in Wonderland (1951), create the Posters and Backgrounds sub-directories underneath, and copy in the appropriate fanart. Then in the BMT WebUI change the Fanart directory to match the folder name.

Grant
Old 03-01-2011, 05:28 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneOfMany View Post
What I have done is to create another fanart directory using the year - Alice in Wonderland (1951), create the Posters and Backgrounds sub-directories underneath, and copy in the appropriate fanart. Then in the BMT WebUI change the Fanart directory to match the folder name.

Grant
Sounds like a good plan but the Fanart Location in BMT is not editable... how or where did you change that?

EDIT: I was able to change the Fanart Title field which changed the fanart location... thanks

k

Last edited by jusjoken; 03-01-2011 at 05:33 PM.
Old 03-01-2011, 07:56 PM
SageTVaholic

Something that might save some time the future, since BMT doesn't handle this very well...

For the file that you are updating... Do a manual lookup and bring back the metadata and fanart into the media editor view, but before you save, change the Fanart Title to include the year, and then save. That way you won't have mess with copying files around and making new directories, etc.