SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 03-02-2011, 05:53 PM
Sage Advanced User

Youtube not working on extender, fine on clients and server

I am currently running Sage 6.6 (I have not had time yet to take the system down and go to version 7). I am running two PC clients and one MediaMVP using a PlaceShifter license. I can currently play YouTube videos on both PC clients and the server but when I try a YouTube video on the extender I get the "cannot find video on the server" message. I have tried "check for stv update" and it finds nothing, and the server and all clients as well as the extender have been very recently restarted. I have searched the forums and looked at the sticky threads and I'm at a loss. Anyone else having this issue? I could swear I've seen a post recently about youtube but I can't find it.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:29 PM
Sage Advanced User

I really would have preferred to keep this post in the sagetv software forum - I don't think too many people read the "extender forum" - I know I never do.
Old 03-03-2011, 12:42 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by APillowOfClouds View Post
I really would have preferred to keep this post in the sagetv software forum - I don't think too many people read the "extender forum" - I know I never do.
If I have a problem with my extender, the extender forum is where I'm going to look for solutions. So I appreciate the effort of the mods in trying to keep extender-related posts together in one place for easier searching.
Old 03-07-2011, 10:23 PM
Administrator

One reason I can think of for it to not work on an extender but work on a PC is if the extender is using a different STV. Make sure the extender is using the default STV, not a custom STV or an older one. Check System Info to see what STV the PC client is using and compare to the extender.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-08-2011, 07:21 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
One reason I can think of for it to not work on an extender but work on a PC is if the extender is using a different STV. Make sure the extender is using the default STV, not a custom STV or an older one. Check System Info to see what STV the PC client is using and compare to the extender.

- Andy
The server, extender and both clients show the same thing - sagetv version 3 with imports. The only thing I have ever loaded on any of them, and it's on all 3, is the comskip plugin.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:43 PM
Administrator

Are the version numbers shown on System Information next to the Current STV file and Online Videos version exactly the same on both the server's UI and the extender? If those version numbers are the same, I'm not sure why any extender would have this issue because the STV and online video properties files work together to provide the information needed to get the YouTube video links.

If those version numbers are exactly the same on both the server & extender, then try selecting the same YouTube video on both, then zip & attach the sagetv_0.txt debug log. If using service mode, also provide the sagetvclient_0.txt log for the server's UI.

But, so far, the only reason I know why this error would appear is when the STV or online video properties files are out of date.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.