SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 03-04-2011, 07:16 PM
Sage Icon

Segregating Home Videos

What’s the best way to segregate home videos from the rest of the movies/videos?

Should there be another ‘Media Type’? Right now there are Movie and TV media types. Would it make sense to have an additional category for ‘Home Video’ or something along those lines? The reason I say this is my missing metadata is gummed up with my home video collection, not too mention, my Sage UI.

Or, is there a preferred way to apply current metadata standards to these objects to allow proper segregation in both BMT and in Sage? I don’t like my home movies cluttering up my movie collection.

Tips/advice or anything else goes!
Old 03-04-2011, 09:04 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrems View Post
What’s the best way to segregate home videos from the rest of the movies/videos?

Should there be another ‘Media Type’? Right now there are Movie and TV media types. Would it make sense to have an additional category for ‘Home Video’ or something along those lines? The reason I say this is my missing metadata is gummed up with my home video collection, not too mention, my Sage UI.

Or, is there a preferred way to apply current metadata standards to these objects to allow proper segregation in both BMT and in Sage? I don’t like my home movies cluttering up my movie collection.

Use diamond and filters
Old 03-05-2011, 07:08 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

In terms of BMT you can use an exclude filter to exclude them from ever showing up in BMT... But, that does nothing for the stv. You'll need to use another plugin that can allow you to exclude items in the STV. Phoenix will allow this, once it is released, since you can create custom views and include/exclude content as you like. But, for now, perhaps Diamond (as plucky noted) will allow you to do this. I should point out, that this type of filtering will be plugin specific, so as you move from plugin to plugin, you'll have to re-configure to use whatever filtering techniques they employ.
Old 03-05-2011, 02:01 PM
Sage Icon

Is there a way to delete metadata in a batch? Say an entire folder and all the sub-folders?

The reason I ask is that at some point BMT attached incorrect metadata to a bunch of my home movies. Now a bunch of my home videos are actually the same horror movie "P". I'd like to zap all the stuff that's there, and or, replace all the metadata in these home videos with the same information, then I can create a consistent genre for them. Regardless, all the actor information and other tags need to go.
Old 03-05-2011, 04:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Is there a way to delete metadata in a batch? Say an entire folder and all the sub-folders?

The reason I ask is that at some point BMT attached incorrect metadata to a bunch of my home movies. Now a bunch of my home videos are actually the same horror movie "P". I'd like to zap all the stuff that's there, and or, replace all the metadata in these home videos with the same information, then I can create a consistent genre for them. Regardless, all the actor information and other tags need to go.
I thought I had implemented that... but it appears that I've only done clear custom metadata fields and not clear ALL fields (it's in the batch operations menu when you are navigating a view)
Old 03-24-2011, 07:17 AM
Sage Icon

I must be doing something wrong. I added the path to my home video’s in the phoenix configs in BMT. However, my home videos keep appearing in missing metadata and nothing appears in the home videos view...
Old 03-24-2011, 07:38 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I must be doing something wrong. I added the path to my home video’s in the phoenix configs in BMT. However, my home videos keep appearing in missing metadata and nothing appears in the home videos view...
What are putting in the field? Could you copy and paste it here? Keep in mind the value is case senisitve as well... so if you are using c:\myvideos, but the real path is C:\MyVideos\ then it won't match. This is something that I'll likely try to fix in a future release since have case sensitive filenames is not something that windows users seem to think about

The best way to enter the value is to simply copy and paste it from your windows explorer.
Old 03-24-2011, 07:59 AM
Sage Icon

Found it. The path and case were right, however, I didn't catch that a comma got appended to the beginning of the path... Once I deleted the comma it worked.
Old 03-24-2011, 08:20 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Found it. The path and case were right, however, I didn't catch that a comma got appended to the beginning of the path... Once I deleted the comma it worked.
I think i have a bug in for the 'comma' issue... sorry I forgot to mention that as well