SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV HD Theater - Media Player
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV HD Theater - Media Player Discussion related to using the SageTV HD Theater as a Media Player, i.e.: in use while not connected to a SageTV server. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to using a SageTV HD Theater as a Media Player should be posted here. Use the SageTV Media Extender forum for issues related to using it while connected to a SageTV server.

Old 03-10-2011, 08:20 PM
Sage User

Brand New HD 300 - No Sound

Got my HD 300 on Wednesday, installed it that night, wife watched American Idol that evening, no problems. (EDIT, did NOTHING except plug it in first night)

Today I decided to start playing with the settings so I updated firmware first thing. Got distracted. Came back a few hours later and couldn't get sound to work.

Had to go do other things. Came back, tried every Audio Out setting (except analog), tried everything I could think of, checked mute on all devices, checked sound level on all devices, again, everything I could think of - still, no sound. Video works and looks perfect but haven't heard one single sound since updating.

Decided to try Beta firmware. Loaded the latest. Still, no audio. Tried every Audio Output setting again, ran back through every single check I could think of, no audio.

I'm currently trying to find all the connections to my SPDIF setup to try that as a last option but of course I'd rather my freakin' HD 300 work via HDMI like expected.

Any ideas?

BTW, I've been with Sage TV for a long time and have an HD 100, HD 200 and now HD 300 so I might have missed something obvious but I doubt it.

TIA

EDIT: SPDIF Output working fine. Of course that doesn't help cause I had to drag out the Amp setup and pile it up in our bedroom. WAF is at an all time low ATM.

Last edited by WarlordBB; 03-10-2011 at 08:35 PM.
Old 03-12-2011, 07:42 PM
Sage User

I suppose it's time to ask for official support as it appears I'm the only one having this problem.