SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 03-15-2011, 02:17 PM
Sage Aficionado

Persistent "Latest Recordings"

I have a ripped DVD set of The West Wing that I recently imported as a recording. For some reason, it is always at the top of my "Recordings" listing when sorted by Recently Recorded (I've set all imports to be recordings). I'm not sure what value to change to make it fall in line with all other recordings when added.

What value does sage use to decide what is the most recently recorded item? How do I change that?
Twitter: ohpleaseno
Old 03-15-2011, 03:25 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohpleaseno View Post
I have a ripped DVD set of The West Wing that I recently imported as a recording. For some reason, it is always at the top of my "Recordings" listing when sorted by Recently Recorded (I've set all imports to be recordings). I'm not sure what value to change to make it fall in line with all other recordings when added.

What value does sage use to decide what is the most recently recorded item? How do I change that?
I'm not entirely sure. I never import tv shows, and I'm not sure what field sagetv uses to sort recent recordings
Old 03-15-2011, 03:27 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
I'm not entirely sure. I never import tv shows, and I'm not sure what field sagetv uses to sort recent recordings
Is there a way to generate a log of all the metadata about a media item?
Old 03-15-2011, 05:25 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Is there a way to generate a log of all the metadata about a media item?
In the BMT web ui, if you press and hold on the media item into the media items view, you'll get a menu and in the menu, will be view debug info. In there, you can choose to view different metadata resources for the object.
Old 03-17-2011, 05:27 PM
Sage Aficionado

None of those show anything related to why it would sort it that way. Right now, when I select the recording, the UI shows 12/31, but the year is cut off.

Last edited by ohpleaseno; 03-17-2011 at 05:29 PM.
Old 03-19-2011, 06:39 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
None of those show anything related to why it would sort it that way. Right now, when I select the recording, the UI shows 12/31, but the year is cut off.
Typically if you see a date of 12/31... the year is probably 1969... This is usually an indication that the date was not stored, and as such, the value is zero, which results in a date that of 12/31 1969.

DVDs are handled a little differently by sagetv, and it might be that importing a DVD as a recording is not something that is fully supported, even if bmt allows you to do it.
Old 03-20-2011, 02:41 AM
Sage Expert

Get Read, Write, and Edit Metadata. It will let you access and edit the metadata from the recording details view (it adds a Manage Metadata button). I use it as another tool along with to Batch Metadata to make small quick changes or to change fields that are locked or not shown in Batch Metadata.

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650 @4025 MHz, 8G G.Skill Performance
DFI Lanparty DK X48-T2RS Plus; SilverStone Decathlon DA1000 (died - back to an ancient enermax)
eVGA 7900 GT KO RoHS -- Zalman VP900CU Cooling
Synology NAS 22TB