SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 03-16-2011, 10:51 AM
Sage Advanced User

Marking one episode Watched marks all future as Watched

What criteria does Sage use to figure out if an airing is duplicate (same as something else)? I've read the FAQ.

Some of the shows on an international channel have non-unique show ids (I think all of them). Many shows, sage correctly treats them as distinct episodes. But on Some ( SH010345920000, SH011157930000 for example), marking one as watched seems to mark everything as watched. This causes them not to get recorded if one episode is recorded and watched. Easy way to reproduce this is to just mark them watched and see guide updated with italics for all future shows. The option to "Detect repeat airings with non-unique IDs" is currently set to no, but I tried both ways. It does not happen on all shows with non-unique IDs. Only some.

Any help is much appreciated.

BTW I am running 7.1.5beta.

Sarat
Old 03-16-2011, 12:19 PM
Sage

Thanks for the helpful information. This is a result of a recent EPG server update combined with V7.1.5 in an attempt to better identify actual 'unique' shows. Apparently the examples you give are defeating the logic we used; but we're going to make an adjustment to it which'll solve the cases you've presented. The adjustment is that anything with a 'Drama' category and an SH id won't be considered unique.

Before we do that though; can you let me know if all the examples you've found have a category of Drama? And if not, can you give me the other examples you've found that have a different category? (just the SHxxxxxx is all I need)

Your help is much appreciated.
Old 03-16-2011, 01:17 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks for the quick reply. The examples I've found are either Drama or Special/Drama. Other categories seem to be fine. One of the above show id is drama and other is Special/Drama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narflex View Post
he adjustment is that anything with a 'Drama' category and an SH id won't be considered unique.
Shouldn't that be they WOULD be considered unique airings? Or do you mean they wouldn't be considered the same airing?

Thanks
Sarat
Old 03-16-2011, 01:24 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by svemuri View Post
Thanks for the quick reply. The examples I've found are either Drama or Special/Drama. Other categories seem to be fine. One of the above show id is drama and other is Special/Drama.

Shouldn't that be they WOULD be considered unique airings? Or do you mean they wouldn't be considered the same airing?

Thanks
Sarat
You're mixing Show and Airing; so we're both correct. The Show would no longer be considered unique; which then means that the Airings would be considered unique. Obviously it's a little confusing now that I say it. But I'm pretty sure you understand what I'm saying and we're both on the same page here.