SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 04-06-2011, 09:28 PM
Sage Aficionado

American Idol: Conflict Between Zap2It and theTVDB Episode Numbers

I am not even sure if I am posting this in right place, because I don't know if there is anything BMT can do about it. I am getting incorrect metadata for American Idol recordings because the episode number provided by the Zap2It listings in SageTV 7.1.15 does not match theTVDB.com. Zap2It is one episode number higher for some reason, so I keep getting the next episode's metadata. Is there anyway to rectify this in BMT automatically, or will I just have to do a manual lookup for each episode. The interesting part is that last week it was grabbing the correct metadata somehow even though the episode number was off.
Old 04-07-2011, 05:27 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptzink View Post
I am not even sure if I am posting this in right place, because I don't know if there is anything BMT can do about it. I am getting incorrect metadata for American Idol recordings because the episode number provided by the Zap2It listings in SageTV 7.1.15 does not match theTVDB.com. Zap2It is one episode number higher for some reason, so I keep getting the next episode's metadata. Is there anyway to rectify this in BMT automatically, or will I just have to do a manual lookup for each episode. The interesting part is that last week it was grabbing the correct metadata somehow even though the episode number was off.
In the latest build (which came out a few days back), I added support for the new season and episode numbers in the guide data. Phoenix will use the season and episode #s from the guide to do the lookups. The question is really which is right... tvdb or the guide data? If the guide data is wrong, then sagetv core team should me notified so they can investigate. If it's tvdb, then they should be notified.

From bmt's perspective... there's not much I can do except disable using the season/episode information from the guide.
Old 04-07-2011, 06:17 AM
Sage Aficionado

I didn't figure there was much BMT could do about it and it is not BMT's fault at all. Obviously, it makes sense to utilize season/episode information from the guide for lookups. This is probably just a rare case where the guide is wrong. I think tvdb is in the right in this particular case - here is there Season 10 episode listings. If you contrast that with Zap2it's listings here you will see that they split the first week of auditions into 2 episodes for some reason. I am not sure there is much any of us can do about, since I am sure that Zap2it won't be willing to change their episode numbers at this point (or would they?). I will just have to do manual lookups for the rest of the season.
Old 04-07-2011, 06:21 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptzink View Post
I didn't figure there was much BMT could do about it and it is not BMT's fault at all. Obviously, it makes sense to utilize season/episode information from the guide for lookups. This is probably just a rare case where the guide is wrong. I think tvdb is in the right in this particular case - here is there Season 10 episode listings. If you contrast that with Zap2it's listings here you will see that they split the first week of auditions into 2 episodes for some reason. I am not sure there is much any of us can do about, since I am sure that Zap2it won't be willing to change their episode numbers at this point (or would they?). I will just have to do manual lookups for the rest of the season.
I'd still file a bug report with sage. I'll look at adding an option to disable the use of season/episode information. At least there'll be an way to turn off the feature if causes more harm than good.
Old 04-07-2011, 07:24 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
I'd still file a bug report with sage. I'll look at adding an option to disable the use of season/episode information. At least there'll be an way to turn off the feature if causes more harm than good.
I submitted a bug report to SageTV and Zap2it. Tv.com and IMDb show last night's episode as #24 as does TVDB.

Tags
episode, metadata, zap2it