SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 05-09-2011, 09:30 PM
Sage Aficionado

is there a "revert to default" option somewhere?

I was messing around with BMT trying to get the four movies that were imported videos and were showing up as a recording fixed...

I told bmt to un-import as recording... this removed every recording from my recordings area and scattered them about my video area.. So I was thinking that I would just chose the Import as recording to get them back... well the won't come back.

Is there any revert to default option anywere? Or something similar.
Old 05-10-2011, 07:24 AM
Sage Icon

I pretty sure there are no rollback options... Not that I'm aware of...

You'd have to use BMT to change the elements back to their original state. To be honest, I don't fully understand what happened from your original post. Or what your problem is, I probably need to re-read it too, although maybe some clarification will help. Not too say that I will be of any But I'll try if I can.
Old 05-10-2011, 11:11 AM
Sage Aficionado

My current situation is this...
before...
I have a drive that houses recordings. I have a NAS that houses saved movies. If I went to TV->recordings I would see all the tv that sage had recorded. I had about 200 or so different episodes of different shows. All would show up exactly as you would expect given Sage's default behavoir.

Now...
ONLY recordings newly recorded (about 8 or so new episodes of different shows) show up under TV-Recordings. These are all shows that are recorded AFTER I pushed some button on another in BMT. ALL the old TV shows I had are gone... I found them hiding (fan art intact, oddly enough) in Videos->titles and the files are all there on the Record drive.. so nothing is missing. They just don't show up under the tv-recordings area any more.

I am not 100% certain what I did (and I am convinced it is something I did and not a bug wit BMT) but I think that when I hit the "un-import as recording" option under Tools it did this to me.

So granted I have some work to do to get my recordings showing up back under the recordings area... how exactly do I do this? I went through and told it it is TV but that of course doesn't change where it is showing up. I am willing to individually tell each episode to show up under recordings, but I lack the knowledge of how to do this.
Old 05-10-2011, 01:17 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat_smith1969 View Post
I am not 100% certain what I did (and I am convinced it is something I did and not a bug wit BMT) but I think that when I hit the "un-import as recording" option under Tools it did this to me.

So granted I have some work to do to get my recordings showing up back under the recordings area... how exactly do I do this? I went through and told it it is TV but that of course doesn't change where it is showing up. I am willing to individually tell each episode to show up under recordings, but I lack the knowledge of how to do this.
Have you tried the Batch Operation menu and selecting "Import as Recording" for only a few of the TV videos to see if that will move them back as TV recordings? I have not tried either of these functions myself but it seems logical. The key is that these functions in BMT under the Tools menu affects ALL your videos but the Batch Operations menu only affects those displayed currently... so find a view that only displays some of your videos (use the search to narrow it down) and then try the Import option.

k
Old 05-10-2011, 01:39 PM
Sage Icon

If I follow you correctly, you want to have what sage recorded placed back as recordings. It’s a multi-step process.

-First you need to get to your recordings view in the BMT web gui. Browse>Recordings.
-If you want to do all the shows displayed here then you can use the drop down to select: ‘Import as a Recording’. Otherwise, you’ll need to cherry pick each show individually. I think you’re after the first method anyway.
-Then after it’s imported you need to also use the drop down to ‘Set Unarchived’.

You videos will now appear as far as the metadata is concerned to be recorded by sage. I think the archived/unarchived flag is where you were getting hung up.
Old 05-10-2011, 01:49 PM
Sage Aficionado

I did try that several times from the root menu but not when actually drilled down to a show. i tried that just now and it seemed to not do much.

I also found a check box that says "SageTV recording" checking that and saving seems to have little effect either, but perhaps I need to do a rescan or some such after checking that box.
Old 05-10-2011, 01:54 PM
Sage Aficionado

after checking the box that says "Sage Recording", pressing save, and re-checking the check box stayed.. but after some amount of time the check box cleared itself, and it is once again set to not have "Sage Recording" set.
Old 05-10-2011, 02:26 PM
Sage Icon

Huh, I just noticed the ones that I did as a test for you at some point cleared some other metadata. Specifically, the Season xx Episode xx info. I had to execute an update metadata scan on the Series I used. I'd double check that. You might have to run an update on the entire recordings folder. In conjunction with importing them as recordings and then finally setting them as unarchived. They should be golden then.
Old 05-10-2011, 02:46 PM
Sage Aficionado

I have made some headway. I was reading the post a few entries down about being unable to set the "Sage Recordings" bit in the web ui.

I got the the second page and someone mentioned you have to set videos->Folder view->options->menu options-> Advanced Options -> Imported recordings are ... (and set that to Recordings).

That seemed to work a bit...
Then like a crack head I hit the imported videos as recordings batch option in the web UI... which imported ALL my videos as recordings.. so no I just need to un-import them as recordings then go individually and tell the ones I want that they are recordings.

on the bright side I am learning a great deal about BMT.
Old 05-14-2011, 08:38 AM
SageTVaholic

I would recommend in the future, before doing large amount of bulk editing, that you backup your wiz.bin file. That way, if you do screw something up, you can simply copy back the backed up file. BMT does not offer a rollback solution, especially for import/export of recordings.