SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 05-13-2011, 10:41 AM
Sage Advanced User

user categories for imported videos

Hi

I'm wondering if there is a way to assign user categories to imported data. I'm guessing if there is a way it would be through BMT, which I already use, but I'm not closed to alternatives...

Thanks

Gog
Old 05-13-2011, 11:33 AM
Sage Icon

Yeah I do it all the time with BMT. The Genre field is the same as category. You can have a bunch of them separated by a slash / . These can be assigned manually, or you can use the batch update function to manipulate them. Keep in mind that if you place a genre/category in the batch update you'll overwrite the existing data. If you want to append use +genre, likewise use -genre to remove a specific genre from a whole bunch of entries at once.

Using PQL statements helps a lot to grab blocks of content all at once and then apply genre's in mass with the batch updater.