SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 05-20-2011, 01:49 PM
Sage Advanced User

BMT issues

Having a little fun with BMT. Seems it likes to randomly define some of my recorded tv shows as movies, and sometimes renames them in a random fashion as well. Strange how an episode of 'Fringe' recorded from the antenna winds up being a movie called 'Caught in the Act' which I don't have and have never heard of.

Even going into BMT and redefining the shows as tv and saving them as the correct metadata doesn't remove them from Recorded Movies....how do I make them appear in the correct folder in Recorded TV as that's where the reside physically anyway?

Thanks
Old 05-20-2011, 02:03 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo3141 View Post
Having a little fun with BMT. Seems it likes to randomly define some of my recorded tv shows as movies, and sometimes renames them in a random fashion as well. Strange how an episode of 'Fringe' recorded from the antenna winds up being a movie called 'Caught in the Act' which I don't have and have never heard of.

Even going into BMT and redefining the shows as tv and saving them as the correct metadata doesn't remove them from Recorded Movies....how do I make them appear in the correct folder in Recorded TV as that's where the reside physically anyway?

Thanks
Which version of SageTV are you running? And are you sure BMT is renaming things like Fringe?? I record fringe, and I've seen this behaviour. Do you have any other metadata providers installed (that you are aware of).

Also, do you have the "preserve original metadata" options checked... if not.. you should And if you do.. then I'm a little skeptical that BMT is causing this.... especially for Fringe (since that's a regular show for me as well )
Old 05-20-2011, 04:46 PM
Sage Advanced User

Yup

I only have one metadata provider and yes, preserve is checked. Actually, I can do something about the re-naming, but the main thing is that when I check that it's a TV show and not a movie, bmt seems to save it, but it still appears in recorded movies.

Apparently, one of my 'Blue Bloods' episodes is now a Rush concert too....maybe it's going by the episode title? But now no way to tell as all the info. has changed...

Guess what I really need is just to get them out of Recorded Movies and back to Recorded TV.

Also, some of the series banners are missing from the All Recordings view in SageTV 7. Funny, because the seasons view has the banner in most cases.

Everything else seems ok. And I've deleted and rebuilt the cache a couple of times and it picked up most of the fan art for about 80% of the stuff I have, but still a few recordings I can't move to the right view and some missing series banners...
Old 05-21-2011, 04:46 AM
SageTVaholic

If preserve metadata is checked, then bmt did not change its title (or any other field that is greyed out).

But, you can still use bmt to fix the issue (maybe). Just edit the metadata for the item, uncheck preserve metadata, and uncheck sage recording, and save. Then check sage recording, set the mediatype to TV, and click save.

During this process, pay attention of the ExternalID field. Before you start the process, it probably starts with MV (which tells sagetv that it is a movie), but after doing this, it will hopefully start with EP which tells sage that it's a tv recording.
Old 05-21-2011, 02:54 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
During this process, pay attention of the ExternalID field. Before you start the process, it probably starts with MV (which tells sagetv that it is a movie), but after doing this, it will hopefully start with EP which tells sage that it's a tv recording.
Ok, this caught my attention. I have one TV show episode that keeps showing up as a movie, even after moving it out, scanning, and moving it back in. Sure enough the ExternalID starts with MV. Any ideas on how I can fix this one? I'll try moving it out of the folder again and deleting the properties file. Is there any way to manually change the ExternalID field?
Old 05-21-2011, 05:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger View Post
Ok, this caught my attention. I have one TV show episode that keeps showing up as a movie, even after moving it out, scanning, and moving it back in. Sure enough the ExternalID starts with MV. Any ideas on how I can fix this one? I'll try moving it out of the folder again and deleting the properties file. Is there any way to manually change the ExternalID field?
You can't change the externalid for a recording. (BMT doesn't allow it, although it is possible). So, if you unimport as a recording, it will change to a MF/MV external id and and when you import it again as a recording it should have an EP externalid.
Old 05-26-2011, 09:29 PM
Sage Aficionado

I read a post a bit ago where they were talking about not being able to set some recordings to the TV setting. I have a few shows that do that. Even when I get metadata from imdb (instead of the tvdb) and it comes back from imdb as a tv class of show... the BMT will force it to become a movie... not the end of the world but kinda irritating.

Please disregard this post. While it is a problem. I found another post with the same exact thing going on and will comment there (though the comments seem to have fixed it for them).

I tried the above to fix this. I unchecked the Sage recording button and saved it... then I rechecked that button changing the movie to TV at the same time, it saved the data but did not change the external ID or allow the show to be classified as a tv show.

* merged two posts with the post in this topic *
Old 05-30-2011, 09:41 AM
Sage Advanced User

Not perfect...

I got most of my tv moved to the right place using the advice posted here, but checking yesterday, a couple of random tv shows from my library got renamed and moved to a series that I neither recorded nor ever heard of. The two that got moved and renamed are unrelated to each other...

Guess it's still a work in progress...
Old 05-30-2011, 10:24 AM
SageTVaholic

I'm willing to bet this is not a bmt issue... This is what you should do... fix up your files... then uninstall bmt and phoenix-core.... wait a few days and see if they get messed up. I'm willing to bet that even with bmt installed your files will get messed up.

Once bmt scans a file once, or if the file has metadata, bmt never touches it again. So the likihood of bmt reseting your titles after you've used bmt to set them, is pretty remote. The chances of bmt affecting your TItle if you have preserve original metadata enabled, is even slimmer (and should be non possible).

I'm not saying that there aren't bugs in bmt... because I know there are I'm just really skeptical that this is bmt issue. And the best way to prove it... is to simply remove bmt for a week or so and see what happens.