SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 06-25-2011, 02:56 AM
Sage Aficionado

HD300's selling for a lot on eBay

I went to eBay to see if I might get a cheap HD300 for a backup, but they are selling for twice the price they were from Sage. The last completed auction went for $341.56! Now would be a good time to sell yours if you are thinking about switching from Sage.
Old 06-25-2011, 05:23 AM
Sage Aficionado

There are also some HD-100s out there, Curiously there are no HD-200 for sale?

My guess is the 300's are being sold by people that are newer to SageTV - Or just used it as a standalone device. While the folks selling HD-100s are longtime users, had upgraded to a 200 (or 300) and now with the crazy prices are selling the 100's

I don't know if the post will stick around long as it probably will get deleted due to forum rules.
Retired - Hava, MediaMVP, HD-100, HD-PVR, HVR-2250, Ceton InfiniTV4, Original (white) HDHomeRun Died - HD-100, HD-300
Old 06-25-2011, 11:28 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePaladinTech View Post
I don't know if the post will stick around long as it probably will get deleted due to forum rules.
I'm not offering to buy or trying to sell mine... So it doesn't violate forum rules.

Normally, when something goes out of business, the accessories get cheaper instead of more expensive. For example, when a game console fails (i.e., Sega Dreamcast), the accessories all go on closeout and are really cheap.

The opposite is happenning here. Instead the prices are skyrocketing. Just thought that might be useful to know if you just bought an HD300 last week with grandiose plans for multiple extenders in the future, and now realize that won't work out. You can at least sell it and make a profit.
Old 06-25-2011, 12:52 PM
Sage Icon

People realize there options are pretty thin and that they can continue to use SageTV even after the 1 more year of EPG promise. You can build a new HTPC but the extenders are a different story and there will probably not be many more to hit the market.

I got mine delivered three days after the Google announcement and after playing with it this week I can say I would have ordered another one even if I had known about the buyout before. It is quite an elegant solution.

Retired SageTV in favor of Plex\Emby and YouTubeTV.
Old 06-25-2011, 02:09 PM
SageTVaholic

It's obvious that Google figured out there was much more value to SageTV (and it's employee's/owner) than most realized. Even the tech press has pretty much dismissed the purchase as a talent acquisition - I think they are wrong and as before just don't realize the value and potential of what we all know. Those of us who used it know this - which is why those HD300's and even HD100's are so valuable now. Lets hope Google makes the most of things.
Old 06-25-2011, 04:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Lets hope Google makes the most of things.
Preferably HD-300's... ;-)

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 06-25-2011, 07:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
... Even the tech press has pretty much dismissed the purchase as a talent acquisition - I think they are wrong and as before just don't realize the value and potential of what we all know. ...
If it were a talent acquisition they would have not purchased SageTV and just hired the employees instead. By buying Sage you buy the liabilities of the company as well as the assets. Why do that if you're only interested in the people?

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 06-25-2011, 08:19 PM
Sage Expert

core2duo Mac minis are selling for roughly the same as HD300's. and after loading windows xp on them, work really darn well as a client.
2x HDHR, all OTA
QNAP TS-809:
12.5 TB for Recordings/Imports/TimeMachine/Music
HD200 via 802.11n in Living Room
802.11n client in bedroom
Old 06-27-2011, 07:42 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandor View Post
core2duo Mac minis are selling for roughly the same as HD300's. and after loading windows xp on them, work really darn well as a client.
Which is great if you have a spare client license (because they can't be bought anymore). The advantage of the HD200/300 is that no additional license is needed.
Old 06-27-2011, 08:28 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Hi Sandor
Can you comment more on the mac mini solution running Windows XP?

Is this the only OS running on it or is it run on top of the Mac OS?

Is there an IR port already on there or do we need to provide an additional one?

Is it powerful enough to do Blu-Ray? (HD, etc?)

Is there HDMI or do is a DVI converter needed?

Sorry if I'm taking this thread off subject. I will start a new thread if there is interest in this topic.

Thanks
Dave

Last edited by hugenbdd; 06-27-2011 at 12:09 PM.
Old 06-27-2011, 11:49 AM
Sage Icon

To me, the prices rising high are indicative that there are still quite a few Sage users who aren't giving up. I wasn't even planning on buying another HD300 but if they were cheaper on eBay, after the Google announcement, I would have bought one just to keep in the closet as an emergency backup. I suspect many of those people who are paying 2X the price on eBay now are probably those willing to pay that much for this same reason - or else they had a grand home setup plan that they had not acted upon and are now being forced to act upon it immediately before they're all gone.
Tuners: 4 tuners via (2) HDHomeruns (100% OTA, DIY antennas in the attic).
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.
Old 06-29-2011, 01:39 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Fast enough for 1080i HD without dropped frames?