SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Studio
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Studio Discussion related to the SageTV Studio application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the Studio software application should be posted here.

Old 08-28-2011, 01:17 PM
Sage Aficionado

Issues with addShow API call

I just started doing some tweaks via java jars code. Ive downloaded the dvbepgimport plugin from mfury and decompiled because I wanted to add some functions. Now the issue/question is for some reason when I compile it again with myeclipse (with the sage.jar reference).

Ive nailed now the issue to this API call

Code:
  	Object[] temp = {           entry.getCategory(), 
    	         entry.getSubCategory()}; 

Object[] nsArgs = { 
          entry.getName(), 
          Boolean.TRUE, 
          entry.getShortDesc(), 
          entry.getLongDesc(), 
          Integer.valueOf(0), 
          temp,
          0, 0, entry.getRating(), 
          entry.getExpandedRatings(), 
          entry.getYearString(), 
          0, 0, entry.getShowID() };
        Logger.ForceLogMessage(3, entry.getName() + "," + entry.getShortDesc() + "," + entry.getLongDesc() + "," + entry.getCategory() + "," + entry.getSubCategory() + "," + entry.getRating() + "," + entry.getExpandedRatings() + "," + entry.getYearString() + "," + entry.getShowID() );
        Logger.LogMessage(3, "Adding show for id: " + entry.getShowID(), null);
        show = SageTV.api("AddShow", nsArgs);

The log I get is:

Code:
08/28/2011 12:07:26.889 INFO: Sport Name2,Short,Long,Sports,Basketball,PG-13,[Ljava.lang.String;@1b7a602,null,EP8084030006
08/28/2011 12:07:26.905 ERROR: Unable to add EPG entry: null Cause: sage.a.e: Error in method reflection of AddShow of java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "EP8084030006" Stack [Ljava.lang.StackTraceElement;@a882e1

Any comment/help would be appreciated

Old 08-28-2011, 01:28 PM
SageTVaholic

Which API version are you using? Your api args don't seem to match what is documented.

Also, you can try using the sagex-apis which would negate the need to pass an object array. You'd end up calling....

Code:
ShowAPI.AddShow(arg1, arg2, arg3...)
And the API would ensure that you are passing the correct # of parameters.
Old 08-28-2011, 05:39 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
Which API version are you using? Your api args don't seem to match what is documented.

Also, you can try using the sagex-apis which would negate the need to pass an object array. You'd end up calling....

Code:
ShowAPI.AddShow(arg1, arg2, arg3...)
And the API would ensure that you are passing the correct # of parameters.
Thanks! sagex did the trick Hopefully I'll have an alternative for EPG for NA users so we can grab it directly from DN satellite stream

I wanted to change the code so I could be allowed to autoconfigure a physical channel to a different logical channel on the lineup and seems it worked now back to get that implemented on dvbe4sage

Old 08-28-2011, 06:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni View Post
Thanks! sagex did the trick Hopefully I'll have an alternative for EPG for NA users so we can grab it directly from DN satellite stream

I wanted to change the code so I could be allowed to autoconfigure a physical channel to a different logical channel on the lineup and seems it worked now back to get that implemented on dvbe4sage
Since you are using sagex api, there is a development trick that I use for development/testing which allows me to develop on my workstation but connect to the remote sagetv server. This allows me to test/develop and not have to start/stop sagetv just to test code. sagex has the ability to proxy calls to a remote server, so you can work remotely. If you are interesting know more, then let me know, and I can explain how you would go about setting that up.