SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 09-02-2011, 06:37 PM
Sage Advanced User

Splitting analog and digital channels

I am receiving TV via Shaw Cable in Canada. My setup uses an older analog WinTV tuner for all the analog channels and a pair of R5000 modified digital boxes for all the digital stuff. So I need to know whether a channels is analog (which I must record on the WinTV tuner because the R5000 cannot resolve analog sources - it is just a digital pass-through) or digital (in which case the WinTV tuner will not make any sense of it so I need to move the channel to the lineup for the R5000 tuners).

Until recently, this was easy. "Full Cable Service" was all analog - so I used that lineup for the WinTV tuner. "Digital service" included everything - so I used that lineup for the R5000s and just disabled all the ones duplicated on the other lineup.

This year, however, all that is changing, with channels from the "Full Cable" lineup going digital.

The lineups appear to be provided by Zap2It as selected when the source is installed. The lineups seem to be copied into the Sage Properties file. Presumably they must match some master list from Zap2It in order for updates to cross-reference correctly so I am guessing that I cannot create myself split listings to put all the digital channels onto one source and all the analog channels onto the other - or can I? Does anyone have a better understanding of how this bit of the Sage Properties file works? I know I can enable and disable channels within an existing lineup - but can I add channels to a lineup by copying them from another, or will that mess things up.

Perhaps a better solution might be to switch over to XML TV listings - does anyone have any good experience of doing that in Canada?
Old 09-07-2011, 09:28 AM
Sage Expert

Send a message via ICQ to wbarber69 Send a message via AIM to wbarber69 Send a message via MSN to wbarber69 Send a message via Yahoo to wbarber69
Set up a listing for one tuner enabling only the channels needed for that tuner. Setup the second tuner only when it asks what listing to use choose to copy the listings to their own lineup and then enable only the available listings for that tuner, rinse, repeat.

I have a similar issue using a 2250 with digital and analog, and an HDPVR for the cable box. Some listing are analog, some digital, but all on the cablebox, so I have to do it this way (since every listing charter has for the surrounding areas use the same broadcast). It works perfectly. The only thing I think that is an issue is if there are added/modified channels in the future. You may have to manually set up each listing if that happens
Old 09-08-2011, 01:09 PM
Sage Aficionado

re setting up 2 different epg based on each tuner card (WinTV pvr-2250)

Hi,

In the same boat temporarily till I get the IR emitter I ordered. I want to be able to determine which tuner is taping a show. It seems to default to the Digital Channel lineup. I am using Shaw Full Cable (Analog)on one tuner & Shaw Digital on the other until I can convert both to Digital lineups. How do I create 2 programming guides based on each tuner? Any help on this would be appreciated.

Galaxysurfer
Old 09-08-2011, 03:16 PM
SageTVaholic

Just pick a neighboring zip code that has the same lineup as you do. Set that one up with all analog channels. By default Sage will record the program that has the highest definition I believe.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.