SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 06-02-2004, 03:42 PM
Sage Aficionado

Time offset?

It appears that when my PC thinks it's 7:00, my cable company thinks it's 6:59. Whenever I record anything, I get the closing credits of the previous program, and the end of the program I'm recording is cut off. Is there any way to program in a time offset, shifting the recording time 30 seconds forward or so?
Old 06-02-2004, 03:54 PM
Sage Advanced User

You can use padding in your recordings. Currently paddings are only set in minutes....if they are manual recordings, set the padding in the "Record Options". If they are Favorites, set the padding in the "Favorite Options". For example....you can have your recording go fromm 7-7:31 instead of 7-7:30 in the case of a 1 minute padding at the end of a show. Keep in mind that this may cause conflicts with back to back shows...

We've talked about it before on the forums.....how your system clock isn't always synched up with the atomic clock:

http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...computer+clock

If it's a matter of synching up to the atomic clocks better....you can always use a third party application. I ended up using a program called: automachron and haven't had timing issues like that since. I have it set to update my system clock every 15 minutes or something...this makes sure my computer clock is accurate. It may seem like overkill, but basically every 15 minutes it runs a network time synch. Doesn't take any cpu time away.....works great for me.

Some channels like MTV and Comedy Central don't always start their program at 8:30 or 9:00 PM exactly so padding really comes in handy for those shows. For example...when recording on MTV...I do a padding of -1 and +1...so it starts recording at 7:01 and ends at 7:31....for the most part this has been accurate. For all other channels, I have no issues.
Hauppage 350 Bundle = $220
SageTv = PriceLess

Last edited by Alex0230; 06-02-2004 at 04:02 PM.
Old 06-02-2004, 07:43 PM
SageTVaholic

some shows on MTV need 10 minutes
damn WTF MTV
and comedy central is usually about a minute
Old 06-02-2004, 07:44 PM
SageTVaholic

oh sorry forgot to address the issue
could you not just move your clock ahead one minute and not sync with sage?
or would you really have to change from the microsoft time settings