SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 10-16-2011, 06:40 PM
Sage Expert

I included a screenshot of what it look like with the default stv. It also show exactly the same as shown in the pheonix screenshots with the web server ui.
My concern is that I use the usbuirt to tune 3 boxes and this may not allow it to tune properly. I also installed the channel logo pack and it doesn't display the logos in the default STV or in Pheonix.. It looks just like this screenshot.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg screenshot3.jpg (101.5 KB, 333 views)
Sage Tv Server-Amd 4200FX quad core, Asus Nvidia EN610 Hdmi out , 8 Gig Ram ,(3) HVR-1800, 3.5 terrabyte storage, Windows 8 Pro on sage 9.09 system . Media Server- 6 Terabytes on 5 drives, Amd x2 6000 8 useable gig ram on win 7 32 bit media server.
Old 10-16-2011, 07:54 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnadeau View Post
I included a screenshot of what it look like with the default stv. It also show exactly the same as shown in the pheonix screenshots with the web server ui.
My concern is that I use the usbuirt to tune 3 boxes and this may not allow it to tune properly. I also installed the channel logo pack and it doesn't display the logos in the default STV or in Pheonix.. It looks just like this screenshot.
Ok, that screenshot clears it up a little, I think I know the problem. Now I need you to send me the channels.xml file from your lineup's directory. PM me if you don't know my email address.

Also, channel changes should still work. The channel number is set fine (based on the channels.xml file), it's just the channel callsign that is being set incorrectly.

EDIT: And the incorrect callsign assignment is also why logos aren't working. Once we fix that callsigns, the logos you've downloaded should also work.
STB Controller: 1 x USB-UIRT
Software:Java 1.7.0_71; SageTV 7.1.9
Clients: 1 x HD300, 2 x HD200, 1 x SageClient, 1 x PlaceShifter
Plugins: Too many to list now...

Last edited by Slugger; 10-16-2011 at 08:07 PM.
Old 10-16-2011, 08:11 PM
Sage Expert

I don't have a channels.xml in the lineup folders. Just xmltv.xml in each lineup folder. I searched the whole drive for it
Sage Tv Server-Amd 4200FX quad core, Asus Nvidia EN610 Hdmi out , 8 Gig Ram ,(3) HVR-1800, 3.5 terrabyte storage, Windows 8 Pro on sage 9.09 system . Media Server- 6 Terabytes on 5 drives, Amd x2 6000 8 useable gig ram on win 7 32 bit media server.
Old 10-16-2011, 08:15 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I don't have a channels.xml in the lineup folders. Just xmltv.xml in each lineup folder. I searched the whole drive for it
Hmm... at the very least you should also have a lineup.properties file in each folder, right? Force an EPG update, it should create a bunch of xml files in each lineup folder programs.nnn.xml and then a channels.xml file. If not, then are there any errors in the log files of the plugin or in sagetv_0.txt?
Old 10-16-2011, 08:22 PM
Sage Expert

OK sorry, I tried it on a test machine first that has no tuners and it wasn't in there. I found them on the sage server and have included both lineups in this zip file. I had to rename the second lineup for obvious reasons.
Attached Files
File Type: zip channels.zip (18.0 KB, 178 views)
Old 10-16-2011, 08:23 PM
SageTVaholic

New MS data service/donator's version of mc2xml will not work with this plugin

I still encourage all users who intend to keep using this plugin to donate something to mc2xml, but be aware that the newer MS EPG service that the donator's version gives you access to will not be supported by this plugin. This is because for some unknown reason, the newer MS data feed does not provide the show ID for most airings, which makes the data useless.

So here's my support plans for the data feeds in mc2xml:

Microsoft Legacy: Supported, this actually the only one currently supported.

TitanTV: Unsupported; no support planned. Feed is too unreliable + I can't even get access to download the feed.

Schedules Direct: Unsupported. SD support will be provided by a separate plugin, should the licensing restrictions be lifted by SD/Tribune.

Microsoft (newer) Feed (mc2xml donator's version required): Not supported; none planned. If the show ids are ever actually provided in the data feed then I'll support it, but until they are the data is useless.
Old 10-16-2011, 08:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
OK sorry, I tried it on a test machine first that has no tuners and it wasn't in there. I found them on the sage server and have included both lineups in this zip file. I had to rename the second lineup for obvious reasons.
Ok, when you configured mc2xml, it seems you forgot to check the "-F: chan name first" checkbox. This is why your callsigns are being assigned incorrectly. Good news: If you force an EPG update, it should be corrected as I force that option when EPG updates are performed within Sage.

EDIT: You can tell it's working because in your channels.xml file you currently have this entry:

Code:
<channel id="I2.28457845.microsoft.com">
		<display-name>2 CKSH</display-name>
		<display-name>2</display-name>
		<display-name>CKSH</display-name>
		<display-name>SRC Affiliate</display-name>
</channel>
But the plugin expects it to be in this order:

Code:
<channel id="I2.28457845.microsoft.com">
		<display-name>CKSH</display-name>
		<display-name>2</display-name>
		<display-name>2 CKSH</display-name>
		<display-name>SRC Affiliate</display-name>
</channel>
The -F switch in mc2xml is what forces the callsign to be listed first.

Last edited by Slugger; 10-16-2011 at 08:34 PM.
Old 10-16-2011, 10:39 PM
Sage Expert

I clicked to do the program guide update in the mc2xmlepg plugin settings. This did not fix the problem. I recopied the backup of the normal server setup and removed the tuners, installed the mc2xmlepg plugin according to your instructions including checking off the -F in the mc2xml setup ( which you were right, I didn't notice that instruction when I first set it up.) I then reconfigured all tuners and installed the directtv channel logos plugin. I now have all channels displaying correctly including channel logos. I also have my recording schedule back to normal. When I incorrectly installed it my favorites were still there but the upcoming recordings folder was empty. Now all my recording schedule is back.

How far ahead is it downloading the schedule for? With the sage program guide I had it set to 14 days.

I'm sorry I wasted alot of your time because I overlooked one small item in the instructions for installing this epg replacement. Your help is greatly appreciated. This plugin will allow everyone to continue using sage after the sagetv guide is gone.

I would like to point out to the people using this plugin that the fact that the payment you are requesting for those with multiple program guide listings because of multiple tuners is very reasonable considering what having to pay a monthly fee for the program guide would cost. I would have been willing to pay at least double what you are requesting .

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH Slugger!

Last edited by rnadeau; 10-16-2011 at 10:48 PM.
Old 10-17-2011, 09:00 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
So here's my support plans for the data feeds in mc2xml:

TitanTV: Unsupported; no support planned. Feed is too unreliable + I can't even get access to download the feed.

I don't think Titan supports Canadian listing either
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson
Old 10-17-2011, 09:20 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I clicked to do the program guide update in the mc2xmlepg plugin settings. This did not fix the problem. I recopied the backup of the normal server setup and removed the tuners, installed the mc2xmlepg plugin according to your instructions including checking off the -F in the mc2xml setup ( which you were right, I didn't notice that instruction when I first set it up.) I then reconfigured all tuners and installed the directtv channel logos plugin. I now have all channels displaying correctly including channel logos. I also have my recording schedule back to normal. When I incorrectly installed it my favorites were still there but the upcoming recordings folder was empty. Now all my recording schedule is back.
Right, I forgot that mc2xml won't download new data if there's been no changes to the data on the server since your last download. Things would have auto corrected themselves the next time data was downloaded from the MS servers. Or, as you figured out, you can wipe everything and start over - achieving the same results.

Quote:
How far ahead is it downloading the schedule for? With the sage program guide I had it set to 14 days.
Looks to be 14ish days worth of data.

Code:
2011-10-06 11:23:56,932 DEBUG: mc2xml stdout:
Loading ..... : mc2xml (c) <mc2xml@gmail.com> (v1.1)
Reminder .... : Unauthorized redistribution prohibited.
Reminder .... : If this software is useful, please donate!
Reading ..... : C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\plugins\mc2xmlepg\sd_east\mc2xml.
dat
Downloading . : microsoft.com
Downloaded .. : 1907328 bytes in 3s
Source ...... : Zap2it
Headend ..... : 28528206 (0005995X)
Version ..... : 2786760737
Start time .. : 2011-10-05T00:00:00 UTC
End time .... : 2011-10-20T01:30:00 UTC
Parsing ..... : Canada (East) Classic, Shaw Direct (Digital)
Quote:
I'm sorry I wasted alot of your time because I overlooked one small item in the instructions for installing this epg replacement. Your help is greatly appreciated. This plugin will allow everyone to continue using sage after the sagetv guide is gone.
Hopefully someone else sees this before they install and will avoid the same mistake. Let's just call it a teaching moment.
Old 10-17-2011, 09:22 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmaster2 View Post
I don't think Titan supports Canadian listing either
That is correct. And unless you have a unique access code, you can't access the US listings, which is my problem so I can't even support the US listings. I wasted many hours trying to gain access with no success and stopped - I won't be pursuing it any further.
Old 10-18-2011, 09:09 AM
SageTVaholic

Beta 1649 now available

Beta build 1649 is now in the repository. A couple of bug fixes and many new enhanced features added. See the release notes and user guide for more details.
Old 10-28-2011, 11:37 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
I installed this plugin to for my Dad's Sage system as he is having the sporadic guide data issue. I only get one option in the configure plugin options:
http://i42.tinypic.com/oup4xk.jpg
Is this correct for version 1.1660 Beta?

Last edited by Opus4; 10-29-2011 at 07:19 AM. Reason: changed inline wide image to link
Old 10-28-2011, 11:39 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker View Post
I installed this plugin to for my Dad's Sage system as he is having the sporadic guide data issue. I only get one option in the configure plugin options:
Is this correct for version 1.1660 Beta?
If it is unlicensed, yes, that is the only configuration option available.
Old 10-28-2011, 12:14 PM
Sage Icon

Okay great. I am working on finishing the setup now. Since he uses terrestrial TV the guide data download didn't take too long, even over his low end DSL connection.
Old 10-28-2011, 12:24 PM
Sage Icon

Quick question. He has a dual analog/digital tuner. Will this require two lineups or just one? The lineup would really be the same, just different channels enabled on each tuner. So I have to copy the lineup in Sage to be able to do this.

Last edited by kricker; 10-28-2011 at 12:39 PM.
Old 10-28-2011, 12:37 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker View Post
Quick question. He has a dual analog/digital tuner. Will this require two lineups or just one? The lineup would really be the same, just different channels enabled on each tuner.
You should be able to use just one. On the second tuner use a copy of the lineup and then disable the channels that aren't needed on it.
Old 10-28-2011, 12:40 PM
Sage Icon

Okay good. I just wanted to make sure a copied lineup still just worked as one lineup. I'm trying it out now. Thanks for the quick responses.
Old 10-28-2011, 03:10 PM
Sage Icon

Crap. Well that was all a waste of time. The same channels still have No Data. Considering both source are coming from Zap2it, there must be something wrong on their end. Anyone have any idea how to contact support with them? The listings on the website for the same channels are fine.
Old 10-28-2011, 03:12 PM
SageTVaholic

Do you have the firewall ports open for the EPG data?

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.