SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 06-05-2004, 09:59 AM

Arrow STV: MlbDude2 1.8.7 - July 5

This is the first complete release of the MlbDude2 skin.

I don't have a web page setup for installation instructions yet. So here is a brief summary.

Expand the latest MlbDude2.zip to your "SageTV\STVs\OriginalV2" folder. Make sure the included MlbDude folder is extracted properly. Now follow the same instructions used for MlbDude 1.4 except substitute MlbDude.stv for MlbDude2.stv.

MlbDude2 Website

Direct link to download MlbdDude2 STV

Direct link to update -
None yet

Preview 1 - June 1 2004
Initial release

Preview 2 - June 2 2004
Fixed resize issue with preview window.

Beta 1 - June 5 2004
Added following updates from MlbDude 1.4:
Advanced Sage Recordings menu's
Updated Enhanced OSD (bug fixes)
Video Library now has all features

Updated Browse By Category
Updated Browse By Station

Added properties to allow users to change the background, selected button background, and lower right images.
mlbdude/background=
mlbdude/selected_image=
mlbdude/right_image_root= (just name the images in this folder the same as the ones in the MlbDude\Default folder)

Beta 1.1 - June 5 2004
Jack_PVR found a missing backround in Recording Schedule
Jack_PVR found a missing Back link in Video Library

Beta 1.2 - June 5 2004
Pop-up menu was not correct on the Sage Recordings two-pane Vertical menu.
Big Fix: Odd refresh problem where clicking on a show audio would start but no preview seems to be fixed.
Added new sort to all menus - Origional Air Date Newest First, and Origional Air Date Oldest First.
Various small fixes mainly graphical.

Beta 1.3 - June 5 2004
Fixed various missing links throughout.
Fixed issue with DVD menu navigation if you use the combo Up\Chan Up type commands.

Beta 1.4 - June 6 2004
Fixed Preview window not coming up in program guide.
Added properties to modify Main Menu items:
ui/main_menu_epg_enabled=true
ui/main_menu_epg_text=Program Guide
ui/main_menu_livetv_enabled=false
ui/main_menu_livetv_text=Live TV
ui/main_menu_mlib_enabled=true
ui/main_menu_mlib_text=Media Library & DVD
ui/main_menu_schedrec_enabled=true
ui/main_menu_schedrec_text=Schedule Recordings
ui/main_menu_setup_enabled=true
ui/main_menu_setup_text=Setup
ui/main_menu_sleep_enabled=true
ui/main_menu_sleep_text=Sleep
ui/main_menu_sr_enabled=true
ui/main_menu_sr_text=Recordings
ui/main_menu_srmenu_enabled=false
ui/main_menu_srmenu_text=Recordings

Beta 1.5 - June 12 2004
Fixed missing backgrounds including ones in the Favorites area
Stop command in Enhanced OSD
Moved mini-browsers behind menu items. You can still have menu items shown behind the mini-browser if you enabled too many.
Changed mouse top left arrow to use Back command instead of Left.

Beta 1.6 RC1 - June 13 2004
Fixed font formatting in Parallel Schedule.
Fixed missing button backgrounds in various places.
Changed Video Preview border to now use primitive shapes instead of images to resolve various issues with that.
Fixed channel number and channel name to move up a bit in the EPG title area if a channel image is not available.

Release 1.7 - June 19 2004
Refined navigation, selection, and layout of items in Sage Recordings Horizontal menu, Browse Categories, and Browse Stations.
Hid non TV categories in Browse Categories menu.
Removed Video Options from options menus throughout the application. Use Detailed Setup to change these items.
Added font formatting to Enhanced OSD to match other EPG items.
Added new Volume window to OSD. Now only this window will be shown when adjusting the volume if the OSD is not up.
Various missing button backgrounds fixed.
Corrected formatting in Color Calibration.
Added Watched Status to Favorite Details menu. Allows you to set or remove the Watched setting from all airings in the Sage DB for that Favorite.
Added icons assembled by gplasky as default icon set.
Added new properties to allow user customization:
mlbdude/epg_selected_color= Background color of selected cell
mlbdude/selected_menu_font_color= Selected item and menu font color
mlbdude/epg_title_color= Color of show titles in EPG and OSD

1.8.1 - June 20 2004
Added property to allow the LiveTV guide to timeout and go Back to previous menu. NOTE: This may not work well for Mouse users.
Added property to allow user to disable Mini-Guide for Guide command in enhanced OSD. If disabled, Guide command goes to LiveTV guide. Chan up and down will still bring up the mini-guide though.
Added property to launch an external application when the Music Library command is selected.
Added properties to launch an external media player when a library file is selected. Very experimental.
Added FirstRun icon back into Sage Recordings.
Redesigned Mini-Guide to allow for right and left navigation. Very experimental.
external_media_player=C\:\\Program Files\\Windows Media Player\\wmplayer.exe
external_media_player_params=
external_music_player=C\:\\Program Files\\Windows Media Player\\wmplayer.exe
mlbdude/use_mini_guide=true
mlbdude/epg_timeout=false

1.8.2 - June 21 2004
Fixed Mini-Guide to start on current channel if the show is currently recording.
Added property to allow user to enable color borders for the OSD to signify currently recording, manual recording, and favorite.
mlbdude/osd_color_border=
Added back Done button to Color Calibration
Corrected origionalv2 Frey bug or behavior - Clicking on a currently recording show in Sage Recordings now takes you to the correct info menu.
Corrected origionalv2 Frey bug or behavior - If show is currently recording as a Manual Record red border was covering yellow currently recording border.
Changed formatting of two pane menus to only leave a border in the left pane when moving to the right.
Selecting Recording Error (possibly Delete as well) now takes you back to the Main Menu if you came from the OSD.
Override Volume Down when Mini-Guide is up to not allow volume to be changed if you hit the left "wall" in the Mini-Guide. Volume can only be changed when Mini-Guide is closed. This is necessary for dual Left\Right with Volume commands.
Fixed refresh issue causing channel info to possibly not be displayed on first call to Mini-Guide.

1.8.3 - June 22 2004
Added property to auto close OSD Options menu after Inactivity timeout if it is open. Again, mouse focus does not count as activity.
mlbdude/auto_close_osd_option=true
Added playlist capability to Video Library. It uses a playlist called "VIDEO PLAYLIST" so just ignore it if you use the Music Playlist manager.
Added ability to import Title and Overview from a DVDProfiler xml file. Place the xml file in the same folder as the video file or your folder.jpg. The default name it looks for is "info.xml".
Added new Options menu to GUide displays (LiveTV Guide, Browse by Station, Browse by Category, Upcoming Movies) to allow quick guide navigation.
Added new command CUSTOM2 command to cycle through the four different Guide views.
Added new Upcoming Movies menu. Use the Options menu to filter by Movie sub-category.
Changed Mini-Guide to only show the next 12 hours for right navigation. Might help performance issues.

1.8.4 - June 24 2004
Added property to hide menu scroll icons if menu items run off screen.
mlbdude/show_menu_scroll_icons=true
Added property to enable or disable right scrolling for the Mini-GUide.
mlbdude/mini_guide_look_ahead=true
Added menu item for Upcoming Movies in Search menu.
Changed Video Library info.xml import to use info.my (file structure has changed to require myHTPC.my files). Sorry.

NOTE: You need to edit your properties file and change the line:
mlbdude/video_info_file=info.xml
to
mlbdude/video_info_file=info.my

1.8.5 - June 26 2004
Corrected property issue with Mini-Guide causing no airings to be shown.
Correct focus issues in Movie Browser.
Correct redirect issues from Video Playlist Clear menu item.
Changed STOP command to send back to Main Menu like the Origionalv2 does. This should help the 350 users.
Changed OSD menu item "Close File" to "Stop" for consistancy.
Removed all ways to accidentially get to the old unsupported Frey two-pane Sage Recordings menu.
Video Library now looks for an info.my (or whatever you may have changed default info file to) first. If it can't find it, it looks for EXACT MATCH FILE NAME.my. This allows to have multiple .my files in one folder with multiple episodes.
Added properties to display Archived Shows on Main Menu. It will probably have to be enabled before the text property is available.
ui/main_menu_archived_shows=false
ui/main_menu_archive_text=Archived Shows

1.8.6 - June 27 2004
Fixed REW Timescroll issue with DVD's for.
Added group name and count for Sage Recordings Vertical menu.
Added new "Enhancements" section to Detailed Setup to configure most MlbDude properties.
Moved Main Menu options to new Enhancements section.
BETA Item: Added File Based music player. This works similar to Video Library but with MP3's. This is enabled in the new Enhancements setup area and will replace the other Music Player.
Added Custom2 Cycle menu to Enhanced OSD for Aspect Ratio.
Added Numeric Entry feedback popup to EPG.

1.8.7 - July 5 2004
Fixed formatting with First Run icon.
Fixed FF and REW EPG jump forward issues with new Numeric entry OSD.
Vertical SR menu was not showing currently recording shows.
Selecting or Mouse click on Group Name in left table for Sage Recordings Horizontal view now selects the first Airing automatically.
Channel Name in EPG will now shrink to fit.
Added property for sending parameters to the DVD player.
external_dvd_player_params
Added property to keep Sage from Closing the media file at end of playback.
mlbdude/auto_close_at_eof=true Set to false to have Sage leave the file open but still send back to appropriate menu.
BETA: Weather Menu - There is a new hidden by default Main Menu item or you can get to it from a Main Menu with the CUstom5 command.
Weather menu configurable properties:
mlbdude/weather_zip= enter your zip
ui/main_menu_weather_enabled=false
ui/main_menu_weather_text=Weather

Due to the size of the archive with images and all, I will be uploading a main archive then smaller update archives between major releases. So to run the latest version, download and install the MlbDude2_1_8_5.zip file then the latest update and overwrite the STV.

If anyone comes up with some new icons let me know and I will host them and add links to this thread.

Last edited by mlbdude; 07-05-2004 at 06:19 AM.
Old 06-05-2004, 10:02 AM

Some quick caps of what can be done quickly by changing the background and selected image properties. It would be even better with different lower right icon sets .

Default look:

Another look:

And another:
Old 06-05-2004, 10:37 AM
Sage User

Looks nice, one issue, when Im in the Imported Video area, the back button on the left does not work.
Old 06-05-2004, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jack_PVR
Looks nice, one issue, when Im in the Imported Video area, the back button on the left does not work.
Thanks! If anyone finds issues like these please let me know.
Old 06-05-2004, 10:55 AM
Sage User

Here's something under recording schedule, also does not seem to pick up my Main Menu redefinitions from 1.4...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg issue.jpg (132.7 KB, 1402 views)
Old 06-05-2004, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Here's something under recording schedule, also does not seem to pick up my Main Menu redefinitions from 1.4...
I will fix that recording schedule now and post a new version. The menu redef's are something that is coming soon. It will also include a new menu structure and the ability to redef sub menus too.
Old 06-05-2004, 11:07 AM

I posted an update file in the first posting. Note it is a separate download since I only need to update the STV. Thanks for testing this for me!
Old 06-05-2004, 11:08 AM
Sage User

Great ,
seen the same overlap issue trying to change stvs as well.

Also, I seem to have blackbars at the side of the video now, the menus are fine, but video does not fill the screen like before?
Old 06-05-2004, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Great ,
seen the same overlap issue trying to change stvs as well.

Also, I seem to have blackbars at the side of the video now, the menus are fine, but video does not fill the screen like before?
Make sure you restart Sage after you do an update with the experimental UI updater in detailed setup.

Make sure you have your aspect ratio set to Fill.
Old 06-05-2004, 02:17 PM
Sage Aficionado

Hi

Cool, cheers for enabling any background.

I can only get the video on menu's and epg by having 3d Acceleration and colour on overlay enabled. If I disable colour on overlay I get a blue video screen!!

I can't seem to get the recording info on the menu's either. Am I missing something.

Cheers

Dan
Old 06-05-2004, 02:25 PM

You do need Overlay Color Keying enabled if you run Overlay, however you should not need 3D Acceleration.

Quote:
I can't seem to get the recording info on the menu's either. Am I missing something.
What do you mean by this?
Old 06-05-2004, 03:48 PM
Sage Aficionado

While watching live TV, right click with mouse brings up the options menu but 5 of the options, "Detail Info, Main Menu, Sage TV recordings, LiveTV Guide, & Recording Schedule," can't be clicked with the mouse.
Old 06-05-2004, 03:49 PM

It is not a mistake. I put placeholder images on all the menu items. Some are REAL bad (check out the Back one on all menus). I am having difficulties finding good images. I am hoping this will help motivate people .

FYI, if you want you can delete the image from the MlbDude\Default directory for the ones that are not relevant and they won't load.
Old 06-05-2004, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by thatdude90210
While watching live TV, right click with mouse brings up the options menu but 5 of the options, "Detail Info, Main Menu, Sage TV recordings, LiveTV Guide, & Recording Schedule," can't be clicked with the mouse.
Thanks!
Old 06-05-2004, 04:03 PM
SageTVaholic

oh yeah I deleted my post because I went and searched and saw this
the tool box is better than the cog though in my opinion
I actually like the etailed pictres better than the simple ones but they are harder sometimes to understand and see everything

I will try to start looking but where did you start other than the cog is from media center
Old 06-05-2004, 04:04 PM

I got a lot from MythTV themes, and some from XLobby themes. It would be cool if we could come up with different "Themed" sets. Anime, MCE, Comic, Technical, etc.
Old 06-05-2004, 04:12 PM
SageTVaholic

nice idea
that would nice to be able to switch icon sets
well I will see what around this evening
Old 06-05-2004, 06:11 PM
SageTVaholic

hey I am getting a bug where the menus are becoming non responsive
I cannot use certain buttons in the options menu when playing a file like main menu
everytime I close a file while watching it I have sleep and then rewake sage of the UI lockups but it still to continues to record and does not need to be restarted just slept

I also have been using malore UI and keeping all of his updates but generally just running yours

the past release did not do this(alpha)

fixed it but delete the STV folder and copying the one from my client
then updating to newest version

also found the problem was doing VMR9 with intervideo video decoder using the new DNM filter

http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...&threadid=5750

Last edited by kny3twalker; 06-05-2004 at 07:40 PM.
Old 06-05-2004, 10:41 PM
Sage Aficionado

Some observations:

Going to the program guide from main menu (with nothing playing), selecting a show does not bring up the video window, just plays the sound, have to hit enter again and it goes to fullscreen.

While playing a video/show, hitting "stop" used to stop the video and go back to main menu, it now just stops the video but does not go to main menu.

"Search by description" and "search all fields" still uses the old background picture.

Edit: I just noticed that "video menu options" is in Multimedia-setup twice.

Last edited by thatdude90210; 06-06-2004 at 02:09 AM.
Old 06-06-2004, 02:40 AM
SageTVaholic

I found a couple nice looking plasmas and the DVD, CD, Dolby symbols
Attached Files
File Type: zip plasmas, dvd, cd, dolby.zip (95.9 KB, 1040 views)