SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 06-23-2004, 10:44 AM
SageTVaholic

Comment on the XML importing. DVD Profiler exports it's collections as one big XML file, so is there a way you could try and find the DVD in the monolithic DVDP export.

The other thought I had is that it would be possible to use .my files. The reason I say this is because there's a great app for myHTPC (DVDPro2My) that will parse the DVDProfiler xml and create a folder with coverart for each DVD.

Here's an example my file:
title=Shrek
subtitle=The greatest fairy tale never told
overview=A reclusive ogre and a chatterbox donkey go on a quest.
produced=2001
duration=90
rating=PG
review=8
images=cover.jpg
chain=Feature,movie01.avi,credits.avi
chain=”Deleted Scenes”,scene01.mpg,scene02.mpg
category=Genre,Comedy,Childrens
category=Style,”Computer Animation”
people=Director,”Andrew Adamson”,”Vicky Jenson”,”Scott Marshall”
people=Principals,”Mike Myers”,”Eddie Murphy”,”Cameron Diaz”
people=Shrek,”Mike Myers”
Old 06-23-2004, 11:03 AM

I will look into it. I am actually brute force parsing the XML file now, so working with a large collection file would be really hard. The .my file looks even easier to parse.
Old 06-23-2004, 11:53 AM
Sage Advanced User

no go, tried different decoders.

tried different video drivers.

still getting messed up colored fill with video backgrounds on only why video is playing. if video is stopped, or no video happens to be playing, then its fine. only when things are moving do the colored fill areas freak out.

guess its back to mlbdude1..

with no channel look ahead in the miniguide...
Old 06-23-2004, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by xlr8shun
no go, tried different decoders.

tried different video drivers.

still getting messed up colored fill with video backgrounds on only why video is playing. if video is stopped, or no video happens to be playing, then its fine. only when things are moving do the colored fill areas freak out.

guess its back to mlbdude1..

with no channel look ahead in the miniguide...
What video card are you using? Also what resolution are you running at?
Old 06-23-2004, 12:09 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Ah, I know what you are talking about now. Those are popping up because the menu items can't all fit on screen so Sage is brining up the nav arrows. I have seen it do it sometimes even if a single pixel is cut off.
I will adjust my UI size but I did not think it was that close but apparently and see if that fixes it

Hope the Icons help
Old 06-23-2004, 05:40 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally posted by mlbdude
What video card are you using? Also what resolution are you running at?
a gf4 ti4600, with nvdvd, sonic, nvpp, ffdshow with nvdvd.

with 43.45, 53.03, 56.64, 56.72, 61.11, 61.12.

no change..

running sage in a window, usually 548x430 but happens at any res.

Last edited by xlr8shun; 06-23-2004 at 05:42 PM.
Old 06-24-2004, 09:29 AM
Sage Expert

Send a message via Yahoo to cmaffia
Quote:
Originally posted by stanger89
Comment on the XML importing. DVD Profiler exports it's collections as one big XML file, so is there a way you could try and find the DVD in the monolithic DVDP export.

The other thought I had is that it would be possible to use .my files. The reason I say this is because there's a great app for myHTPC (DVDPro2My) that will parse the DVDProfiler xml and create a folder with coverart for each DVD.
How do I setup and use this feature?
How do I access it?
Thanks
Server: Dual Tuner: PVR-150MCE/PVR-250MCE/SageTV v5.02/Asus Pundit-R 2.4GHZ/512MB DDR RAM/250 GB Maxtor HD (8MB Buffer) External Seagate 400GB HD via USB 2.0/Onboard ATI 9100 using SVIDEO TV-Out/Nvidia DVD decoder/Actisys 200L IR Blaster (Dish receiver) USBUIRT (DirectTV receiver)/Lite-On 4X DVD-R/RW/Windows XP Pro SP2/Adesso Mini IR Keyboard w/integrated mouse/Tivo "Peanut" Remote via USBUIRT/Dish Network Model 301/DirectTV subscriber/Webserver Plugin v2.8
Old 06-24-2004, 10:40 AM

Well, to use it as it is now you need to put an info.xml file in each folder with a movie formatted as:

http://forums.sage.tv/forums/showthr...5977#post45977

I am going to change it to use a .my file though based on the fact that DVD Profiler won't dump out individual files.
Old 06-24-2004, 10:50 AM
SageTVaholic

Here's the link to DVDPro2My:
http://myhtpc.net/pub/DVDPro2My/

It's really slick, it will create an entire directory structure based on your DVD Profiler xml.

I'll try an update my guide on how to get it working, not sure how soon though.
Old 06-24-2004, 11:09 AM
Sage User

dvdpro2my1.3.1

thats pretty slick... i wander how hard it would be to edit the source and have it output your jpg's to a standard name, like folder.img instead of dvdname.jpg.... or even set up a option to name it what ever you would like?

-edit-
wow.. i looked at the source.. and python is a pretty simple language... im gonna look at the compiler and I think i ll be able to at least make it static to output as folder.img

Last edited by darksoul; 06-24-2004 at 11:19 AM.
Old 06-24-2004, 01:56 PM
SageTVaholic

Here's an .my file from one of my DVDs

And on the picture filename (I guess this would apply to the .my files to) I would think all you would have to do is open the first *.jpg and *.my in the folder since there should only be one of each per folder.
Attached Files
File Type: txt escaflowne the movie.my.txt (1.5 KB, 242 views)
Old 06-24-2004, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by stanger89
Here's an .my file from one of my DVDs

And on the picture filename (I guess this would apply to the .my files to) I would think all you would have to do is open the first *.jpg and *.my in the folder since there should only be one of each per folder.
Thanks again for the sample. I will work on this now. This is actually easier to parse .
Old 06-24-2004, 03:42 PM
SageTVaholic

Well that's nice.
Old 06-24-2004, 04:17 PM

OK, a new MINOR release is up that includes the change from an XML file to a .my file for Video Library info. If you don't want to use this feature there may not be anything worth updating just yet. I just wanted to get this out there for people to test and so people can start creating these info files.

Big apology to any that went ahead and added XML files to all of their Library folders.

1.8.4 - June 24 2004
Added property to hide menu scroll icons if menu items run off screen.
mlbdude/show_menu_scroll_icons=true
Added property to enable or disable right scrolling for the Mini-GUide.
mlbdude/mini_guide_look_ahead=true
Added menu item for Upcoming Movies in Search menu.
Changed Video Library info.xml import to use info.my (file structure has changed to require myHTPC.my files). Sorry.

NOTE: You need to edit your properties file and change the line:
mlbdude/video_info_file=info.xml
to
mlbdude/video_info_file=info.my
Old 06-24-2004, 05:26 PM
SageTVaholic

For those interested, I've updated my DVD guide with info about using DVD Profiler information and mlbdude's STV. I've also created a batchfile to rename the .my and .jpg files to info.my and folder.jpg. Remove the .txt from the filename stick it in the directory containing the folders created by DVDPro2My and run it.
Attached Files
File Type: txt rename.bat.txt (134 Bytes, 244 views)
Old 06-24-2004, 09:02 PM
SageTVaholic

well I changed the arrows to false but it still trys to move the page up and down when I get either to the top or bottom of the list and the roll over still does not work
I still get stuck at either the bottom or the top

I tried to adjust the Sage UI as well

but found a small bug that happens when hit page down from the top of the list or page up from the bottom of the list
here's a picture

also with the addition of the upcoming movies the attows now seem proper but only when needed
Attached Images
File Type: jpg well changed arrows to false.jpg (76.0 KB, 227 views)

Last edited by kny3twalker; 06-25-2004 at 01:43 AM.
Old 06-24-2004, 09:42 PM
Administrator

mlbdude: Could you clarify something about those Favorite timeslots? They are given as 1 hour intervals. Does this mean:[list=1][*]The show can only be recorded during that hour.
[*]The show has to start during that hour in order to be be considered for recording, but it can extend beyond that 1 hour slot.
[*]As long as some part of the show (beginning or end) falls into that 1 hour timeslot, it can be recorded.[/list=1]
I think #2 is the case, but could your verify? Thanks!

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 06-24-2004, 10:00 PM
SageTVaholic

no it is case 3
it is awesome I thought it was like 3 but make a favorte like sportscenter that starts at different times throughout the week and it will pick all that fall within the hour time slot just the additional airings
Old 06-24-2004, 10:27 PM
Sage Advanced User

Close File Bug with STV

When I'm watching shows and they come to the end, I used to remember that the file would automatically close and the program would return to Sage Recordings. I could not find in this thread if that feature was taken out.....or if what I'm seeing is due to a bug I'm about to disclose.

I've been consistently using this STV since 1.5 and lately have been noticing a new issue with closing files. Sometimes when I close a file (STOP Button), the system will immediately reboot. A scenario I've found that typically causes this is the following:

I play a previously recorded show A...while watching A, show B starts to record. While still watching A, show B finishes recording. At this point, now if I close the file for A the system tends to reboot. Usually I don't notice this until I totally finish A and it gets to the end and I press stop to close the file. I don't have any "hs_err" logs because I run Sage off a RamDisk...I might take it off the ram disk for a while just to reproduce the error.

This happened before and after the new Sage.dll. The only other things I have changed within the last few months has been the 350 driver, I had upgraded to the new driver SHS had posted right when he posted it. The errors didn't start happening till a while after that though...

Is this something in the STV with closing of the file...could it be fixed in an STV? It's almost like the program loses track of while file to close because a new show had been recorded while watching another....it's just weird behavior.

Thanks for any insight...

-----

On a side note, the "options" screen does not come up in the two pane view....was this disabled, I couldn't find reference to that in the thread either.
Hauppage 350 Bundle = $220
SageTv = PriceLess
Old 06-25-2004, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Opus4
mlbdude: Could you clarify something about those Favorite timeslots? They are given as 1 hour intervals. Does this mean:[list=1][*]The show can only be recorded during that hour.
[*]The show has to start during that hour in order to be be considered for recording, but it can extend beyond that 1 hour slot.
[*]As long as some part of the show (beginning or end) falls into that 1 hour timeslot, it can be recorded.[/list=1]
I think #2 is the case, but could your verify? Thanks!

- Andy
From what Narflex has told me (and my own experience) #2 is correct.