SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 06-28-2004, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by stanger89
Hey mlbdude,

Have you thought of adding an automatic Close File (perhaps with confirmation prompt) that would automatically stop recording LiveTV after a period of inactivity?
I have, but I need to get Frey to add in some kind of timer that I can hook into. Seems like lots of people could use this timer hook I thought about doing something in the screen saver but that gets called even if you are in full screen video if you have it paused.
Old 06-28-2004, 12:45 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via Yahoo to cmaffia
Quote:
Hey mlbdude,

Have you thought of adding an automatic Close File (perhaps with confirmation prompt) that would automatically stop recording LiveTV after a period of inactivity?
Wouldn't that prompt require human intrevention?
What if you are not at the TV at that time.
Would that affect anything? I don't seem to have an issue with the close file with the latest build. Where and what exactly is the problem?
Server: Dual Tuner: PVR-150MCE/PVR-250MCE/SageTV v5.02/Asus Pundit-R 2.4GHZ/512MB DDR RAM/250 GB Maxtor HD (8MB Buffer) External Seagate 400GB HD via USB 2.0/Onboard ATI 9100 using SVIDEO TV-Out/Nvidia DVD decoder/Actisys 200L IR Blaster (Dish receiver) USBUIRT (DirectTV receiver)/Lite-On 4X DVD-R/RW/Windows XP Pro SP2/Adesso Mini IR Keyboard w/integrated mouse/Tivo "Peanut" Remote via USBUIRT/Dish Network Model 301/DirectTV subscriber/Webserver Plugin v2.8
Old 06-28-2004, 02:04 PM
SageTVaholic

The idea (mine at least) is that if you leave Sage sit there in LiveTV mode, after some timeout (maybe 2hr, maybe configurable) Sage would pop up a little confirmation box asking if you want it to keep recording. If you're there watching you say yes or no, if you're not there, it would default to no, an stop recording LiveTV by itself.

A lot of new users are caught by Sage just going on, recording LiveTV until you stop it, and this type of thing could make Sage more user friendly for newbies (or family members).
Old 06-28-2004, 03:56 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
The idea (mine at least) is that if you leave Sage sit there in LiveTV mode, after some timeout (maybe 2hr, maybe configurable) Sage would pop up a little confirmation box asking if you want it to keep recording. If you're there watching you say yes or no, if you're not there, it would default to no, an stop recording LiveTV by itself.

A lot of new users are caught by Sage just going on, recording LiveTV until you stop it, and this type of thing could make Sage more user friendly for newbies (or family members).
but isnt this how all PVR's work? Always recording?
My Tivo always did. From what I understand and have read this constant use of the HD is not harmful to the hardware.
Then again I built a standalone SageTV that does nothing else.
Server: Dual Tuner: PVR-150MCE/PVR-250MCE/SageTV v5.02/Asus Pundit-R 2.4GHZ/512MB DDR RAM/250 GB Maxtor HD (8MB Buffer) External Seagate 400GB HD via USB 2.0/Onboard ATI 9100 using SVIDEO TV-Out/Nvidia DVD decoder/Actisys 200L IR Blaster (Dish receiver) USBUIRT (DirectTV receiver)/Lite-On 4X DVD-R/RW/Windows XP Pro SP2/Adesso Mini IR Keyboard w/integrated mouse/Tivo "Peanut" Remote via USBUIRT/Dish Network Model 301/DirectTV subscriber/Webserver Plugin v2.8
Old 06-28-2004, 04:18 PM
SageTVaholic

Yeah, but a lot of new users complain that they watched LiveTV, left, and when they come back the next day their HDD is filled up with stuf they didn't mean to record. It doesn't bother me, I just put Sage to sleep (don't watch LiveTV either).

What such a timeout would do, is effectively take Sage out of LiveTV mode automatically, which would stop it from recording "Everything on a channel". Keep in mind, Sage doesn't use a buffer, per-say, it records shows. And if you have IR on and the delete property not set (can't remember the exact property) Sage will just keep all those LiveTV files. It's to keep Sage from recording LiveTV when you're not watching, it would have no effect if you were there watching it.
Old 06-28-2004, 04:27 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
And if you have IR on and the delete property not set (can't remember the exact property) Sage will just keep all those LiveTV files.
And assume you like them . Gee, that must explain why it keeps recommending infomericals!

That Random Guy
Old 06-28-2004, 07:15 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally posted by mlbdude
New update.

1.8.6 - June 27 2004
Added Numeric Entry feedback popup to EPG.
I think adding this broke the "jump" feature of the EPG where you can enter a number (x) followed by FF or RW and the EPG would jump x number of days forward or backward, respectively. The jump feature was working with version 1.8.5, but doesn't appear to work in 1.8.6 Any chance the popup can be toggled on/off?

Last edited by Boolah; 06-29-2004 at 05:44 AM.
Old 06-28-2004, 09:20 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally posted by Boolah
I think adding this broke the "jump" feature of the EPG where you can enter a number (x) followed by FF or RW and the EPG would jump x number of days forward or backwared, respectively. The jump feature was working with version 1.8.5, but doesn't appear to work in 1.8.6 Any chance the popup can be toggled on/off?
Can the pop up jump feature work for all of the EPG filters you made? It seems to only work for the default Live TV guide.
Thanks
Old 06-29-2004, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Boolah
I think adding this broke the "jump" feature of the EPG where you can enter a number (x) followed by FF or RW and the EPG would jump x number of days forward or backward, respectively. The jump feature was working with version 1.8.5, but doesn't appear to work in 1.8.6 Any chance the popup can be toggled on/off?
This is probably broken. I will fix for next release.
Old 06-29-2004, 07:04 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Yeah, but a lot of new users complain that they watched LiveTV, left, and when they come back the next day their HDD is filled up with stuf they didn't mean to record. It doesn't bother me, I just put Sage to sleep (don't watch LiveTV either).

What such a timeout would do, is effectively take Sage out of LiveTV mode automatically, which would stop it from recording "Everything on a channel". Keep in mind, Sage doesn't use a buffer, per-say, it records shows. And if you have IR on and the delete property not set (can't remember the exact property) Sage will just keep all those LiveTV files. It's to keep Sage from recording LiveTV when you're not watching, it would have no effect if you were there watching it.
Hi

What delete property are you referring to? Do you mean
the setup where the recording directory is specified along with how much HD space will be allocated along with the rules?
Old 06-29-2004, 07:08 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Can you tell me if you are using the Stop binding from a particular menu
I am using SendMessages from Girder... Sending Close File message, then Home message. It seems to be worse when I am aready at the Home screen...
I am not using a 350...
Old 06-29-2004, 07:09 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by cmaffia
What delete property are you referring to?
From the SageTV Configuration Properties document:
Quote:
seeker/seeker/clear_partials_and_unwanted_when_ir_off - true/false deletes all recordings that were not requested but made due to timeshifting when Intelligent Recording is disabled
- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 06-29-2004, 07:42 PM
Sage Advanced User

folder.jpg

MlbDude,

Just curious! Am I doing something wrong? It seems that the only way to get the library display screen to recognize a newly added cover art file, such as folder.jpg, is to comletely quit Sage and restart it, sleep doesn't do it nor does the "Refresh Media Library" function.

Is this expected behavior or am I the problem!

And thank you for all of the effort that has gone and is going into this .stv. It really adds a lot of polish and useability to Sage.

Thanks,

Lynn
Old 06-30-2004, 11:43 AM
Sage User

Strange problem using MlbDude2 1.8.6

I recently set up my SageTV 2.0.19 system and everything has been working great. I waited a few weeks before trying a modded STV just to be sure everything else was working properly. A couple of days ago I started using the MlbDude2 1.8.6 STV and I absolutely love it. However, I started having a weird problem where after 15 or so minutes (not sure of the exact time) my TV would just lose the video from the HTPC... it doesn't matter if I'm just sitting/navigating on the main menu or watching TV or anything. Hitting a button on the remote does nothing. The only way I can recover is to go to the keyboard and hit ESC. After that, the video comes back and will be okay for another 15 or so minutes until the next 'blackout' (no signal). As far as I know nothing else is problematic - just the video blacking out. When I switched back to the OriginalV2 STV, the problem went away.

Any idea what is causing this?

Thanks,
Nick
Old 06-30-2004, 09:43 PM
Sage User

I just installed MlbDude2 1.8.6 and had the following issue:

using external dvd playback worked, but sage does no maximize itself when done playing he dvd.

IMHO i like the look of the 1.4.1 STV, but there's a problem with that one too: LiveTV Guide does not show up in the main menu! (1.3.1 DOES show it).

Is there any way to make 1.8.6 look more like the 1.4.1 STV?

BTW, thanks!
Jeff

P4 2.6 Ghz, 768 MB RAM, 80 GB
NVidia 6600GT, M-Audio Delta Dio 24/96, Sony DVD, DIGN case w/ VFD
Old 06-30-2004, 09:50 PM
SageTVaholic

you mean just change the background image?
and remove the display icons?
that was pretty much it as I remember it
you can choose any thing for the background and such
and there has been more features added to this one

look different background

also the program guide is the same as the liveTV guide

and you can change the program guide bacl to liveTV guide if you read through the release notes
it will explain it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg main menu.jpg (65.2 KB, 267 views)

Last edited by kny3twalker; 06-30-2004 at 09:52 PM.
Old 07-01-2004, 07:37 AM
Sage User

Ah, thanks. I will play around with the images and get it looking the way the 1.4.1 looked.

Also, Is there a way to turn off the preview window?
I find it distracting...

Jeff

Old 07-01-2004, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DCipher
I just installed MlbDude2 1.8.6 and had the following issue:

using external dvd playback worked, but sage does no maximize itself when done playing he dvd.

IMHO i like the look of the 1.4.1 STV, but there's a problem with that one too: LiveTV Guide does not show up in the main menu! (1.3.1 DOES show it).

Is there any way to make 1.8.6 look more like the 1.4.1 STV?

BTW, thanks!
Jeff
LiveTV Guide does show up in MlbDude 1.4.1, but you need to make sure you properties file is correct. When switching between MlbDude and MlbDude2 this can happen since those lines are NOT compatible with each other.. If you like the old theme better I would stick with that one as there are lots of new items in MlbDude2 that go against it.
Old 07-01-2004, 07:42 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by DCipher
Also, Is there a way to turn off the preview window?
I find it distracting...
Go to Setup -> Detailed Setup -> Multimedia -> modify the Video Menu Options.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 07-01-2004, 09:03 AM
Sage User

So, is sage supposed to come back after TT exits? Mine just continues to sleep.

Do i need to make a girder event to wake up sage on TT close?
Also, any way to pass command line params to TT with the external_dvd_player setting? I tried using Powerstrip to set the resolution when TT runs, but it did some VERY strange things (it changed my resolution ok, but TT ran in a small piece of the screen like it was running at the old resoluition - very strange).

Thanks for the help!