SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 07-01-2004, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DCipher
So, is sage supposed to come back after TT exits? Mine just continues to sleep.

Do i need to make a girder event to wake up sage on TT close?
Also, any way to pass command line params to TT with the external_dvd_player setting? I tried using Powerstrip to set the resolution when TT runs, but it did some VERY strange things (it changed my resolution ok, but TT ran in a small piece of the screen like it was running at the old resoluition - very strange).

Thanks for the help!
Sage will need to be woken up by you somehow. I have a power button on my remote that I use to toggle Sage between Sleep and Awake. Depending on your remote you may be able to do ti without Girder.

You should be able to do cmd line parameters, though this is probably not tested. If it does not work I will make it work.
Old 07-01-2004, 09:18 AM
Sage User

OK, i can act on the TheaterTek close event and wake up sage inside Girder.

Command line params do NOT appear to work. Doesn't run anything, just sleeps sage...
That would be awesome if you could make them work - would save a lot of hassle! that way i could even trigger girder events as my external_dvd_player and let girder decide what resolution to run based on the DVD in the drive.

Thanks!!!

P4 2.6 Ghz, 768 MB RAM, 80 GB
NVidia 6600GT, M-Audio Delta Dio 24/96, Sony DVD, DIGN case w/ VFD
Old 07-02-2004, 01:17 AM
Administrator

If you like both the MlbDude2 and malore STVs, see:

MalDude v1.0: A Combo Malore + MlbDude STV

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 07-02-2004, 02:02 PM
Sage Icon

Just wondering if it is possible to add channel logos directly in your STV--as opposed to having to download them seperately and put them in folders....(i never quite figured that one out yet)?
Thanks
JUC
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 07-02-2004, 02:05 PM

It is technically possible, but I think because everyone has different channel logo's Frey started doing it this way. Maybe legal issues too.
Old 07-02-2004, 02:14 PM
Sage Icon

good enough. I need something to do this afternoon anyway
thanks for the quick reply
later
JUC
Old 07-02-2004, 07:30 PM
SageTVaholic

I will post mine for DirecTV if you need them

also look here for standard good looking icons

http://www.satlogo.com/tvsat/dtv1011.html
Old 07-03-2004, 06:43 AM
Sage Icon

kny3twalker, thanks--, I actually had some free time and was able to get the logos downloaded--it just took some time because I am on stupid dial-up. I wish the high-speed satellite internet services price would come down because that is my only other option as i'm in the mountains and I do not see cable/DSL coming up here anytime soon
JUC
Old 07-03-2004, 06:54 PM
Sage Advanced User

I was just trying out the file-based music player (actually as a part of Maldude) and I had a couple of suggestions...

It would be *really* nice if you could "Add All to Playlist" and the system parsed and added all mp3s located beneath the directory. Then, with properly organized folders, One could select a genre, artist, album, or song to play... Really, the ideal is to have a system that lets the user add these and play them *either* in order or at random...

Thanks for the hard work!
Old 07-05-2004, 06:24 AM

New version out. 1.8.7 - Big addition is the Weather Module

1.8.7 - July 5 2004
Fixed formatting with First Run icon.
Fixed FF and REW EPG jump forward issues with new Numeric entry OSD.
Vertical SR menu was not showing currently recording shows.
Selecting or Mouse click on Group Name in left table for Sage Recordings Horizontal view now selects the first Airing automatically.
Channel Name in EPG will now shrink to fit.
Added property for sending parameters to the DVD player.
external_dvd_player_params
Added property to keep Sage from Closing the media file at end of playback.
mlbdude/auto_close_at_eof=true Set to false to have Sage leave the file open but still send back to appropriate menu.
BETA: Weather Menu - There is a new hidden by default Main Menu item or you can get to it from a Main Menu with the CUstom5 command.
Weather menu configurable properties:
mlbdude/weather_zip= enter your zip
ui/main_menu_weather_enabled=false
ui/main_menu_weather_text=Weather

NOTE: The included weather extractor is done in C# (what I can work in quickly) so to use the Weather menu you need to have .Net installed. I am working with another user to get a Java version but that will not be supported by me. Also, I will be releasing instructions on how you can write your own weather extractor. This way, if you want to get data from another source you can feel free to do so.

Here is an image of my current weather...

Old 07-05-2004, 06:39 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
mlbdude/weather_zip= enter your zip
<winging user mode>Not fair -- a US-only weather site</winging user mode>

It would be very nice if when you work on the Java weather module that you consider the needs of non-US users...
I know that MyHTPC uses weather.com as a source of global XML weather data and radar images, and gives you a choice of degC and degF.
http://www.weather.com/services/xmloap.html
Quote:
Weather XML Data Feed
Now you can include weather from The Weather Channel in your own application by signing up for access to our XML data feed. We'll enable you to search for a location and to integrate current conditions and the forecast for today and tomorrow in your application - for FREE!
bugmenot has a dummy dodgeit.com username/password if you want to see what they have available, and they have an SDK available including weather logos!

Last edited by nielm; 07-05-2004 at 06:52 AM.
Old 07-05-2004, 06:57 AM

That is why I am going to allow other users to generate their own Weather extractors. My STV only loads in a specifically formatted tokenized text file, so if you can write an extractor to get data from anywhere and convert it to that format it will work.

I chose NOT to go with Weather.com because of possible legal issue. Their license agreement was too strict and would require me to have each user to go and create an account and configure to weather extractor to login with that account.

Just because I did not do it though does not mean someone else can't .
Old 07-05-2004, 08:12 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
require me to have each user to go and create an account
I understood it as the account was only needed once for the application that read the XML, not for the end user... (I have never needed to create a user account for my use of myHTPC).

However, the 'external extractor' approach is a good alternative... (I mis-interpreted the .properties file settings and assumed that the extractor was running within Sage)
Old 07-05-2004, 09:01 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to mikejaner
Added property to keep Sage from Closing the media file at end of playback.

Is this to help us 350 users? If so, how do I enable it, and what is the property name?

Nevermind: RTFP

UPDATE: This appears to have fixed the issue of the 350 locking up when playback of a sage recording ends. Thanks MlbDude!!!!!

The Weather module is great also, thanks for all the hard work.

I will keep testing.

Last edited by mikejaner; 07-05-2004 at 09:16 AM.
Old 07-05-2004, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by nielm
I understood it as the account was only needed once for the application that read the XML, not for the end user... (I have never needed to create a user account for my use of myHTPC).

However, the 'external extractor' approach is a good alternative... (I mis-interpreted the .properties file settings and assumed that the extractor was running within Sage)
It looks like Weatherroom.com may support many Canadian and international weather sites. It looks like all you do is use a ICAO instead of a Zip-code.

Find an ICAO for Canada at:
http://www.weatherroom.com/cgi-bin/w...dpp=1&nc=pands

For International:
http://www.weatherroom.com/cgi-bin/w...ss&pass=tafINT

The ICAO is listed at the top right once you select a location.

Try this section to find your ICAO if you don't know it (I don't even know that it is).
Old 07-05-2004, 10:23 AM
Sage Advanced User

Yeah you're right, as long as your location or somewhere near you has an ICAO id...use that instead of the zipcode in the props file and the extractors should be able to pull the same information out.

I think the ICAO number is the airfield ID, since all the weather information seems to be coming from the various airfields around the world. Even for my zipcode...there is an ICAO id.
Hauppage 350 Bundle = $220
SageTv = PriceLess
Old 07-05-2004, 10:27 AM
Sage User

I have been sitting at the weather screen for over an hour and all it says is "Loading". Does it take this long to initally download the weather data or am I overlooking something?
Old 07-05-2004, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by heirway
I have been sitting at the weather screen for over an hour and all it says is "Loading". Does it take this long to initally download the weather data or am I overlooking something?
That means you don't have it installed right. First guess is that you don't have .Net installed. On a decent connection it just takes a few seconds.

What did you enter as Zip just in case so I can try.
Old 07-05-2004, 10:29 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
It looks like all you do is use a ICAO instead of a Zip-code.
Very cool! Thanks!
(ICAO codes are Airport identification codes -- every airport worldwide will have one http://www.airport-technology.com/icao-codes/ )

[Edit:]Damn - beaten by a minute!
Old 07-05-2004, 10:29 AM
Sage User