SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 07-06-2004, 09:55 PM
Administrator

1) Go to the Recording Schedule, use the Options command (or right click) and select "Schedule Display: <choice>" to switch between the styles of Interleaved and Parallel. (This is in teh original STV too.)

3) "Keyword Favorites" is a common request for SageTV & I believe it will have to be added to the core for it to work. (I don't believe it is a Studio issue.)

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 07-06-2004, 10:18 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally posted by mlbdude
SR_Menu is experimental and is still half done.
Fair nuff.

Some more stuff I found...

The yellow time marker is no longer displayed.
The top corner SageTV logo is missing.

Upcoming Recordings when set to Parallel, Filter options ignored.

For this version I changed my directory:
from stv\originalv2\mlbdude to stv\mlbdude

I updated the paths on the preference, so all the other icons and images are appearing correctly.
Old 07-06-2004, 10:38 PM
Sage Advanced User

I don't know if the this is a SageTV bug or related to the MLBDude custom STV, but I am getting some odd behavior that occurs pretty often.

This happens whenever I have a long list of recordings in one catagory. I use the two paned view for recordings. I usually try to watch my oldest recordings first so I scroll down to the bottom of the list and play one. When I come back to the list after having watched it, the correct episode is marked as watched. I then select the next to last one and attempt to play it. What actually happens is that it attempts to play the one I just watched instead. Somehow the wrong recording ID is being associated with the second to last item in the list if the last item is marked as watched.

It's not a big deal. I just start playing something else and then return to the list and it works fine, but I just thought I'd bring the issue up.

-Watter
Old 07-07-2004, 01:18 AM
SageTVaholic

mlbdude you are missing the isolated Thunderstorms icon in the weather pictures folder

Also I have tried to use the tool box picture that was included in the default 2 folder and it looks really squished
is there anything you can do about that

also there is no image for upcoming movies

also I am attaching some pictures you can look at for other issues and the tool box thing
Attached Files
File Type: zip bugs & tool box.zip (241.3 KB, 197 views)
Old 07-07-2004, 02:19 AM
SageTVaholic

searched out good weather icons as well

here are the links
http://bushong.net/pics/web/weather-icons/
http://s94212497.onlinehome.us/weath...es-torsius.png
download http://iceomni.webhop.net/weather.images-torsius.zip
http://www.jdawiseman.com/papers/tri...her-icons.html
http://pasc.met.psu.edu/dvs/WDI.htm
http://members.iinet.net.au/~calisto/

Last edited by kny3twalker; 07-07-2004 at 02:22 AM.
Old 07-07-2004, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by kny3twalker
mlbdude you are missing the isolated Thunderstorms icon in the weather pictures folder

Also I have tried to use the tool box picture that was included in the default 2 folder and it looks really squished
is there anything you can do about that

also there is no image for upcoming movies

also I am attaching some pictures you can look at for other issues and the tool box thing
Strange black dot is a rendering bug in Sage.

Missing High is from the weather provider and happens when you have hit the high and are dropping back down.
Old 07-07-2004, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Watter
I don't know if the this is a SageTV bug or related to the MLBDude custom STV, but I am getting some odd behavior that occurs pretty often.

This happens whenever I have a long list of recordings in one catagory. I use the two paned view for recordings. I usually try to watch my oldest recordings first so I scroll down to the bottom of the list and play one. When I come back to the list after having watched it, the correct episode is marked as watched. I then select the next to last one and attempt to play it. What actually happens is that it attempts to play the one I just watched instead. Somehow the wrong recording ID is being associated with the second to last item in the list if the last item is marked as watched.

It's not a big deal. I just start playing something else and then return to the list and it works fine, but I just thought I'd bring the issue up.

-Watter
I think you can test this. Try scrolling through the list on the right with the Up or Down commands. This should not happen.

If you use the Pg Up or Pg Down type commands I bet you can repeat this. If so, this is a bug in the Sage core that I am aware of but cannot fix.
Old 07-07-2004, 12:53 PM
SageTVaholic

yeah that might be true of the high temperature thing but today is Wednesday not Thursday
look at the picture again
also you did catch that there was no image beside the upcoming movies and such

The picture was taken at 2AM on wednesday morning
this is an edit to help you understand what I was saying

Last edited by kny3twalker; 07-07-2004 at 08:42 PM.
Old 07-07-2004, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by kny3twalker
yeah that might be true of the high temperature thing but today is Wednesday not Thursday
What do you mean? In the picture I see the current weather, then the later today weather, then the rest of the week.
Old 07-07-2004, 03:34 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via Yahoo to cmaffia
Quote:
Originally posted by mlbdude
What do you mean? In the picture I see the current weather, then the later today weather, then the rest of the week.
He is correct. There is no High Temperature for "Tonights" forecast.. Just has the Farenheit with no number before it.
It has done this 2 days in a row for me so far.
Server: Dual Tuner: PVR-150MCE/PVR-250MCE/SageTV v5.02/Asus Pundit-R 2.4GHZ/512MB DDR RAM/250 GB Maxtor HD (8MB Buffer) External Seagate 400GB HD via USB 2.0/Onboard ATI 9100 using SVIDEO TV-Out/Nvidia DVD decoder/Actisys 200L IR Blaster (Dish receiver) USBUIRT (DirectTV receiver)/Lite-On 4X DVD-R/RW/Windows XP Pro SP2/Adesso Mini IR Keyboard w/integrated mouse/Tivo "Peanut" Remote via USBUIRT/Dish Network Model 301/DirectTV subscriber/Webserver Plugin v2.8
Old 07-07-2004, 08:14 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally posted by cmaffia
He is correct. There is no High Temperature for "Tonights" forecast.. Just has the Farenheit with no number before it.
(yet another) me too .
Old 07-08-2004, 02:49 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally posted by cmaffia
  • open IE (NOT nescape/mozilla or opera -- they don't render the XML well)
  • go to http://www.weatherroom.com/xml/ext/90210 (or whatever your zip is)
  • look at the <tonight> section in the <forecast> section
  • notice the lack of temp in the high section: <High>°F</High>
  • blame weatherroom.com for generating bad output
Old 07-08-2004, 06:06 AM

Yes, what nielm said. Like I said they do that AFTER you have hit the peak and are coming down from the high. You can always try the weather.com weather extractor. It will become even better when I put in full support for it.
Old 07-08-2004, 02:38 PM
Sage Aficionado

Hi mlbdude. I'm really enjoying the features of your new skin, especially the weather plug-in (thanks neilm). I'm wondering how I can fix my guide though. Here is the guide with your skin and it's somewhat transparent, missing border and hard to read. Probably because I'm using overlay but that's what I like. The next image (guide2) shows the original V2 guide which is easier for me to read. Is it a matter of moving graphics around or a setting in the properties file?

thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg guide1.jpg (138.3 KB, 229 views)
Old 07-08-2004, 02:39 PM
Sage Aficionado

ooops here's the second image...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg guide2.jpg (140.1 KB, 245 views)
Old 07-08-2004, 02:58 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by davey_fl
Is it a matter of moving graphics around or a setting in the properties file?
I may not be the best person to answer this, but did you try the overscan settings in the detailed setup? I think it's on the multimedia tab? or the video tab?? Something like that...

Edit: And the font size is one of my questions to mlbdude as well...

Last edited by jbuszkie; 07-08-2004 at 03:13 PM.
Old 07-08-2004, 03:02 PM
Sage Fanatic

Mlbdude,

Thanks for the fine STV. I have a question.. I'm using opus's maldude and I had an issue with the live guide font size. He said that you hard coded it to 18. Do you intend to make that adjustable? On my large screen I can really increase the rows and columns of the guide to get more info, but if the font is hard coded to 18, then it really doesn't work.

included is a screen shot.

Thanks,

Jim
Attached Images
File Type: jpg guide.jpg (191.3 KB, 224 views)
Old 07-08-2004, 03:07 PM
Administrator

mlbdude: in case you haven't followed the MalDude thread, he means some screens in MlbDude2 are hardcoded to use a font size of 18 instead of getting the size from the ui/base_font_size property. (To save you the time of checking it out...)

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 07-08-2004, 05:19 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally posted by jbuszkie
I may not be the best person to answer this, but did you try the overscan settings in the detailed setup? I think it's on the multimedia tab? or the video tab?? Something like that...
thanks, but the overscan setting doesn't have anything to do with this problem. The problem is the guide has become....ugly...it's missing the gradient color behind the text, and it's missing the boxes around each item which gives it a nice clean look...
Old 07-08-2004, 05:56 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by davey_fl
thanks, but the overscan setting doesn't have anything to do with this problem. The problem is the guide has become....ugly...it's missing the gradient color behind the text, and it's missing the boxes around each item which gives it a nice clean look...
Sorry.. I thought you were referring to how the right side was cut off....