SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 07-08-2004, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by davey_fl
thanks, but the overscan setting doesn't have anything to do with this problem. The problem is the guide has become....ugly...it's missing the gradient color behind the text, and it's missing the boxes around each item which gives it a nice clean look...
Sorry, the EPG in my STV is done to my liking. The gradient color is there, it is just more transparent. I never liked the original EPG myself.
Old 07-08-2004, 07:10 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally posted by mlbdude
Sorry, the EPG in my STV is done to my liking. The gradient color is there, it is just more transparent. I never liked the original EPG myself.
Well clearly you have no sense of stye... LOL
Hauppage 350 Bundle = $220
SageTv = PriceLess
Old 07-08-2004, 07:36 PM
SageTVaholic

I like it better as well
Attached Images
File Type: jpg epg.jpg (126.3 KB, 282 views)
Old 07-08-2004, 07:38 PM
Sage Advanced User

Personally I do to...it was just a joke....I think MlbDude understands.
Hauppage 350 Bundle = $220
SageTv = PriceLess
Old 07-08-2004, 07:38 PM

Old 07-08-2004, 08:22 PM
Sage Aficionado

is there any way to decrease the transparancy?
Old 07-09-2004, 05:39 AM

Not until you get Studio .
Old 07-09-2004, 08:23 AM
Sage User

Font size in EPG screen

I am using this MlbDude2 STV for a few days by now, but can't get used to the big fonts in the EPG screen. I am using a big widescreen plasma and want to use smaller fonts, so I can use more columns. I have read the fonts are autosizing in this screen, but this doesn't seems to work when using more colums.

Is it possible to start using parameters in the properties file for this? This would be a great help for people with big tv screens.
Old 07-09-2004, 09:30 AM
Administrator

Re: Font size in EPG screen

Quote:
Originally posted by oajungen
I am using this MlbDude2 STV for a few days by now, but can't get used to the big fonts in the EPG screen. ...

Is it possible to start using parameters in the properties file for this? This would be a great help for people with big tv screens.
See jbuszkie's post #340, directly above. The fonts on that screen seemto be a fixed size currently. I don't believe they ever auto-sized, but that might be an even better option.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 07-09-2004, 12:29 PM
SageTVaholic

oh one more issue with the STV

when you page down and up the info is not the same as the file that is highlighted
this only happens when there is more than one page of shows
if there is one page of shows if you page down from the first show
the last show on the page is still correct

I am including a picture so you can see the info at the top and the highlighted file are not the same
also if I were to start the recording
it would start the one from the info at the top not the highlighted show
Attached Images
File Type: jpg recordings issues.jpg (152.6 KB, 206 views)
Old 07-09-2004, 12:36 PM

I believe the use of PG down/up buttons causing bad data in certian screens, is a known issue. If it't the same one MlbDude mentions it will require a fix from Frey to the core. Or at least that's what MlbDude's site says. He suggests using the single up/down buttons in the mean time, for screens where this occurs.
Old 07-09-2004, 12:58 PM
SageTVaholic

ok I was not sure I just saw I could page down and there was no problem as long as it was one page long
I could not remember if this was a different problem or the same one
(I though I remembered any paging messed things up so I thought part of this was fixed since you can page up and down as long as it is on the same screen)

Sorry
Old 07-09-2004, 02:42 PM
Sage Advanced User

Is it just me having this problem?:

When I have installed MlbDude2 (1.8.7) and when I start SageTV, it starts with a black screen. On the background I hear the sound of the last sellected cahnnel before closing SageTV (???).
Only when I press the the stop button and than the menu button on my remote control it starts with the Main menu.

Is this normal behaviour or have I done something wrong?

Last edited by 1972; 07-09-2004 at 05:34 PM.
Old 07-09-2004, 06:41 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via Yahoo to cmaffia
Quote:
Originally posted by 1972

When I have installed MlbDude2 (1.8.7) and when I start SageTV, it starts with a black screen. On the background I hear the sound of the last sellected cahnnel before closing SageTV (???).
Only when I press the the stop button and than the menu button on my remote control it starts with the Main menu.

For a lot of these "I am having a problem... etc etc.. "
It would be really helpful if everyone created a tag line with all of your personal hardware/software specs or at least include this info with your posts.

As a desktop support manager by trade, I'd send these tickets back to the Helpdesk Level 1 support as "insufficient info"

My motto is the more info given, the quicker you can be helped!
Server: Dual Tuner: PVR-150MCE/PVR-250MCE/SageTV v5.02/Asus Pundit-R 2.4GHZ/512MB DDR RAM/250 GB Maxtor HD (8MB Buffer) External Seagate 400GB HD via USB 2.0/Onboard ATI 9100 using SVIDEO TV-Out/Nvidia DVD decoder/Actisys 200L IR Blaster (Dish receiver) USBUIRT (DirectTV receiver)/Lite-On 4X DVD-R/RW/Windows XP Pro SP2/Adesso Mini IR Keyboard w/integrated mouse/Tivo "Peanut" Remote via USBUIRT/Dish Network Model 301/DirectTV subscriber/Webserver Plugin v2.8

Last edited by cmaffia; 07-09-2004 at 06:45 PM.
Old 07-10-2004, 05:34 AM
Sage Expert

Mlbdude,
Is it possible to change the following?

After a program has been recorded, SageTV flags it as "Watched"
by default. (This always perplexed me!)

If I start watching the recording knowing full well that I'm not going to finish, I have to manually "Clear Watched"
so that the RESUME feature works.

Now in Tivoland, this resume feature is automatic regardless of how many times you've started to watch the same recording.

Is it possible to make SageTV behave like this with an STV modification?

The Watched/Clear Watched functions for recordings only would need to be addressed. Perhaps a setting under ENHANCEMENTS where an ALWAYS RESUME RECORDINGS parameter can be enabled or disabled?

I'd prefer if this feature was implemented in SageTV's core build (Including all of Mlbdude's STV functionality)

Thanks for your great work!
Server: Dual Tuner: PVR-150MCE/PVR-250MCE/SageTV v5.02/Asus Pundit-R 2.4GHZ/512MB DDR RAM/250 GB Maxtor HD (8MB Buffer) External Seagate 400GB HD via USB 2.0/Onboard ATI 9100 using SVIDEO TV-Out/Nvidia DVD decoder/Actisys 200L IR Blaster (Dish receiver) USBUIRT (DirectTV receiver)/Lite-On 4X DVD-R/RW/Windows XP Pro SP2/Adesso Mini IR Keyboard w/integrated mouse/Tivo "Peanut" Remote via USBUIRT/Dish Network Model 301/DirectTV subscriber/Webserver Plugin v2.8

Last edited by cmaffia; 07-10-2004 at 07:23 AM.
Old 07-10-2004, 09:20 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by cmaffia
After a program has been recorded, SageTV flags it as "Watched" by default.
This should not be happening. Do you watch live TV? If so, are you putting SageTV to sleep when you are done watching? If you leave it just sitting there, not sleeping, live TV will continue, inlcuding any of your scheduled recordings & live TV shows get marked as watched... since they were played back as they were recorded.

Edit: but I agree with the desire to always remember where you were the last time you watched the show, regardless of whether it has been watched before. The only downside is that you would have to remember to rewind to the beginning if you don't watch the entire thing. But, that is fairly easy now: enter time_scroll mode & use rew2 or ff2 to get to the beginning or end immediately.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.

Last edited by Opus4; 07-10-2004 at 09:34 AM.
Old 07-10-2004, 10:01 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally posted by cmaffia
For a lot of these "I am having a problem... etc etc.. "
It would be really helpful if everyone created a tag line with all of your personal hardware/software specs or at least include this info with your posts.
You're right! I added my machine status (below )

Quote:
original post of 1972

What kind of information can I add more? There's nothing more on my system than this software:
DiVX, XVid encoder/decoder, McAffee Virusscan, Ad-Aware 6.0, the Hauppauge software and ofcourse SageTV, XMLTV and a bunch of MP3's and movies

And I also have the problem if I use the OriginalV2 afterwards, but not when I do a new install of SageTV...
Old 07-10-2004, 05:29 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally posted by Opus4
This should not be happening. Do you watch live TV? If so, are you putting SageTV to sleep when you are done watching? If you leave it just sitting there, not sleeping, live TV will continue, inlcuding any of your scheduled recordings & live TV shows get marked as watched... since they were played back as they were recorded.

Edit: but I agree with the desire to always remember where you were the last time you watched the show, regardless of whether it has been watched before. The only downside is that you would have to remember to rewind to the beginning if you don't watch the entire thing. But, that is fairly easy now: enter time_scroll mode & use rew2 or ff2 to get to the beginning or end immediately.

- Andy
No I dont put to sleep, I just leave it running.. but regardless I should be able to resume whenever I watch recorded shows without having to "Clear Watched". I use a dedicated PC for SageTV with a wireless remote so hitting rewind is not an issue. It wasn't an issue for me with Tivo either.

Last edited by cmaffia; 07-10-2004 at 05:32 PM.
Old 07-10-2004, 06:13 PM
SageTVaholic

use the stop button then if you are not going to put Sage to sleep when not using it
Old 07-10-2004, 06:26 PM
Administrator

cmaffia: ... or watch a prerecorded show. That will also stop live TV. Check the FAQs for all this.

- Andy