SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 07-10-2004, 08:04 PM
Sage Icon

Music Jukebox Enhancements

I have to say, mlbdude's enhancements make Sage go from a product you want to have to a product you NEED to have.

Am I correct in understanding that these modifications are being created from a beta version of Studio, that we all will eventually be able to use (not to belittle what is, I'm sure, an incredible effort by mlbdude and others)?

The reason I'm asking is that one place that, frankly, needs work is the Music Jukebox and Imported Video area.

I find it very frustrating that I can search by an artist, but I have to manually scroll down some 400 items in the list. I'd love to have the same search window that Title has.

Also, how do I search by Genre? I don't think you can?

Playlists: I can't move the position around of individual items in Playlists.

Random: It looks like Randomize Playback doesn't work with the active playlist, it starts playing back the ENTIRE library.

Visualizations: Yuk. I'd like to use some of the ones you can get for Media Player.

Video Import: Want to be able to create individual folders so I can separate all of my son's "Clifford the Big Red Dog" and other childern's programming from "Las Vegas" and other stuff I don't want to wade through.

So, is this the kind of stuff Studio can be used to enhance or is too much a core thing that we'll have to petition for v3.0?

Best regards,

Stacy
Old 07-10-2004, 09:56 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via Yahoo to cmaffia
Quote:
Originally posted by Opus4
cmaffia: ... or watch a prerecorded show. That will also stop live TV. Check the FAQs for all this.

- Andy
Thanks for the suggestions but still my original question wasn't answered. Can a Tivo-like function such as resuming all the time on recorded shows without having to "Clear Watched" be incorporated in an STV?

Mlbdude is this possible?

Thanks
Server: Dual Tuner: PVR-150MCE/PVR-250MCE/SageTV v5.02/Asus Pundit-R 2.4GHZ/512MB DDR RAM/250 GB Maxtor HD (8MB Buffer) External Seagate 400GB HD via USB 2.0/Onboard ATI 9100 using SVIDEO TV-Out/Nvidia DVD decoder/Actisys 200L IR Blaster (Dish receiver) USBUIRT (DirectTV receiver)/Lite-On 4X DVD-R/RW/Windows XP Pro SP2/Adesso Mini IR Keyboard w/integrated mouse/Tivo "Peanut" Remote via USBUIRT/Dish Network Model 301/DirectTV subscriber/Webserver Plugin v2.8
Old 07-10-2004, 10:04 PM
Administrator

Unless mlbdude knows of a better idea, I think a simple solution would be to have the STV auto-clear the watched status when you start to watch an already-watched show. That would restore the ability to remember where the show is at for later resuming, along with the white/green visual display of how far into it you are in the playback time bar. That would be doable.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 07-10-2004, 10:06 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally posted by cmaffia
Thanks for the suggestions but still my original question wasn't answered. Can a Tivo-like function such as resuming all the time on recorded shows without having to "Clear Watched" be incorporated in an STV?

Mlbdude is this possible?

Thanks
I think the answer is no then, you can't have it both ways (ie leave Sage in LiveTV mode and not mark shows as watched), because by leaving Sage in LiveTV mode, essentially you are (or are letting Sage) watch everything as it is recorded.

Sage always lets you resume where you left off, wherever you are in the file, it is only set as watched when you have finished viewing it.
Old 07-10-2004, 10:14 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via Yahoo to cmaffia
Quote:
Originally posted by Opus4
Unless mlbdude knows of a better idea, I think a simple solution would be to have the STV auto-clear the watched status when you start to watch an already-watched show. That would restore the ability to remember where the show is at for later resuming, along with the white/green visual display of how far into it you are in the playback time bar. That would be doable.

- Andy
That mechanism would work for me!
Server: Dual Tuner: PVR-150MCE/PVR-250MCE/SageTV v5.02/Asus Pundit-R 2.4GHZ/512MB DDR RAM/250 GB Maxtor HD (8MB Buffer) External Seagate 400GB HD via USB 2.0/Onboard ATI 9100 using SVIDEO TV-Out/Nvidia DVD decoder/Actisys 200L IR Blaster (Dish receiver) USBUIRT (DirectTV receiver)/Lite-On 4X DVD-R/RW/Windows XP Pro SP2/Adesso Mini IR Keyboard w/integrated mouse/Tivo "Peanut" Remote via USBUIRT/Dish Network Model 301/DirectTV subscriber/Webserver Plugin v2.8
Old 07-10-2004, 11:15 PM
SageTVaholic

if you just hit stop when finishing watching a liveTV or recorded show
it will always resume from where you left off (unless the show has been already watched)
the shows that get recorded will not be set to watched or anything like you have experienced
you are having the issue because you are leaving Sage on LiveTV
and then everything is getting watched
if you want to watch the show again before it gets delete then just clear the watched after watching it
Old 07-10-2004, 11:22 PM
Administrator

I agree that leaving live TV on is what is causing his problem... but now I kind of like the idea of auto-clearing the watched status when a completely watched show is played... since kids like to watch the same thing over & over. I'm not as good with Studio as mlbdude is, but if he sees it as a frivolous feature, I'll have to look into it.

Edit: I think we're getting a little off-topic for mlbdude's thread though. Let's not continue to go round & round about watched shows too much & distract from more useful things here.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.

Last edited by Opus4; 07-10-2004 at 11:24 PM.
Old 07-10-2004, 11:31 PM
SageTVaholic

hey if you set an auto clear watched then nothing will ever get deleted
I like having Sage delete things as needed
I would rather change a show to clear watched and hit stop when done watching a show, then have to manually delete everything

Sorry to be off topic
but hitting stop is much less complicated than all of this

I hope if you do integrate something like this into your STV (Opus4) you can get the best of all worlds and maybe leave it off as default
Old 07-10-2004, 11:47 PM
Administrator

You didn't read my suggestion very closely: The only time the watched flag would get reset is when you start to play an already-watched show. The watched flag would not ever get auto-reset otherwise, so auto-delete isn't affected. And, yes, any such 'feature' should have a way to turn it on/off. Actually, this isn't new to me -- I've been thinking about something like this due to my kids wanting to watch the same shows repeatedly.

cmaffia: kny3twalker has another good point for you. If you don't stop live TV one way or another & prevent those recordings from being set to watched immediately, then SageTV is free to delete them unless they are manual recordings. One day, you may find that the show you want to watch has been deleted to make room for something else. Obviously, it is your choice to use the product any way you want... just pointing out things that can happen along the way.

- Andy
Old 07-11-2004, 03:43 AM
SageTVaholic

ok you did it to the best of both worlds

thats awesome Opus4
I think this would be a great feature how you explained it

I hope it gets added to both STV or all four
Old 07-11-2004, 06:26 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to mikejaner
MlbDude,

I've taken enough of my damn 350 locking up. With the beta drivers, it wants to lock up at the end of shows. With the Official drivers, it wants to lock up during ff, rew, and some fast menu browsing. I have taken the plunge back into the software rendering world. Altough it's not as good of a picture by default, I believe I can tweak it to come close on my SDTV.

In configuring my system to be a little more stable, I decided to take my unused license for Sage Client, and put it on my main box. As a result, I can now record shows, and tweak around with the client without messing up shows.

Anyways, I noticed one thing in using your skin on the client. I don't get the weather link on the main menu. I have the Sage Server in c:\program files\frey technologies\.... and Sage Client in c:\program files\frey technologies2\...
Any ideas?
Old 07-12-2004, 11:44 PM

mlbdude you have mad skillz, yall's skins and mods make this app what it is!!

regarding the video library folder view...
was wondering if it would be possible to make parent folders display a "folder.jpg" just like child folders do?

i understand that if a folder has sub folders, then it displays the # of items, and if a folder has NO sub folders it looks for "folder.jpg". i have a DVD folder, as well as a VCD folder, and i'd like add the "DVD Video" and "VCD Video" logos to the parent folders.

these are the logos i found
http://members.cox.net/movie_maker/dvd_logos.html

thanks for everything
Old 07-13-2004, 09:36 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally posted by mikejaner
Anyways, I noticed one thing in using your skin on the client. I don't get the weather link on the main menu.
Check sageclient.properties for the main menu option -- it's disabled by default.
Old 07-15-2004, 01:00 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally posted by mlbdude

Just because I did not do it though does not mean someone else can't .
IE THE WEATHER MODULE:

I wish somebody here in authority would develope this. By authority, I mean someone with both the KNOW HOW and access to STUDIO. I know nothing of programming or software, not to mention a few other issues I have that keep me from understanding or following everything thats going on around here most of the time.

This is my #1 request, but I'll be damned if I have to load that SOB .NET on my PC and have to deal with password issues again at boot up. Thats bull. A Java based one with cool icons and graphics would be preferable anyday. This is why I abandoned myHTPC, but it was the feature I loved the most.

Yes I know there are password programs or ways of password bypassing or password auto inserting etc....but you know, there come s a time when you have to say, I aint dealing with it, I want sonething that works out of the box with out 50 extra tweaks, referenceing 20 different posts and web pages or having to comprimise the all important WAF.

JAVA it for us...please.

EDIT: IU see there is a JAVA version ( I just read thru 19 pages of this thread!), but seems like issues as well with it.

Excellent job guys! I can't wait to try it once some bugs are worked out.

NEW: DELL OPTIPLEX 755, 4GB MEM, ATI DVIX (DUAL) VIDEO, PVR-1250MCE & PVR-500MCE, 1.3TB HDD's

Last edited by broderp; 07-15-2004 at 02:30 PM.
Old 07-15-2004, 01:10 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by broderp
JAVA it for us...please.
You didn't read on far enough through this thread to see the post that says:
Quote:
Originally posted by mlbdude
Just in case anyone wants that Java weather extractor I mentioned, it has been release.

http://forums.sage.tv/forums/showthr...&threadid=6230
Is that what you were looking for?

- Andy
Old 07-15-2004, 01:11 PM
SageTVaholic

broderp,

http://forums.sage.tv/forums/showthr...t=java+weather
http://forums.sage.tv/forums/showthr...t=java+weather

edit - You're too fast Opus
Old 07-15-2004, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by broderp
IE THE WEATHER MODULE:

I wish somebody here in authority would develope this. By authority, I mean someone with both the KNOW HOW and access to STUDIO. I know nothing of programming or software, not to mention a few other issues I have that keep me from understanding or following everything thats going on around here most of the time.

This is my #1 request, but I'll be damned if I have to load that SOB .NET on my PC and have to deal with password issues again at boot up. Thats bull. A Java based one with cool icons and graphics would be preferable anyday. This is why I abandoned myHTPC, but it was the feature I loved the most.

Yes I know there are password programs or ways of password bypassing or password auto inserting etc....but you know, there come s a time when you have to say, I aint dealing with it, I want sonething that works out of the box with out 50 extra tweaks, referenceing 20 different posts and web pages or having to comprimise the all important WAF.

JAVA it for us...please.

Next time I will remember to make it all neat and tidy with its own install package. I will also remember to charge you for it. This is a hobby, I don't get paid for it so I do it in my spare time for fun. Sage does not force you to install any of these updates and if you want a clean package i would suggest keeping it at that.
Old 07-15-2004, 02:57 PM
Sage Expert

A bit touchy huh? The comment didn't refer to anyone individual, so please don't get bent out of shape.

I personally find it EXTREMELY difficult to work on my HTPC because of the fact it runs at a 460i resolution on my big screen. I can barely see all my desktop, and a lot of menues are chopped off and inaccessable as a result. I also can not type or use a mouse very comfortablly from my sitting position, so unless I remove my HTPC from my entertainment cener, move it to the dining room table and reset it all up thier, as well as run all the cables for video and audio, ..its a hassle.

I thank God that SAGE allows me to resize andadjust overscan for both video and menus.

The only suggestion I have for you mlbdude is that it would be great is all these features were available separately, or in small "option" Groups. You are doing a fine job for this being a hobby.

I was simply stating a request, nothing more. Sorry you took it so wrong.

Raymond

PS, You make it nice and tidy and with a install program and price it right, you bet I'd buy it from you. I can't be the only person who gets lost in the web of multiple posts and downloads and tweaks. It's all fun and games for you guys who KNOW what you're doing, and can discuss it on a level you are comfortable with. Why not slow down, tidy up a bit and make it easier?

NEW: DELL OPTIPLEX 755, 4GB MEM, ATI DVIX (DUAL) VIDEO, PVR-1250MCE & PVR-500MCE, 1.3TB HDD's
Old 07-15-2004, 03:03 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via AIM to ErsatzTom
Install VNC on your htpc and another computer in your house and you will never be squinting trying to make out text on your tv while doing maintenance again. When I setup my htpc I got a wireless keyboard and mouse but I never ever use them. I always just vnc in from my laptop while sitting on the sofa in front of the tv.

As for mlbdude being touchy, I'd say he has a right to be. This isn't the first time you've complained about his and the other volunteer contributors work being hard to install. Really, you need to adjust your expectations. These people are in no way affiliated with Frey. They don't make any money off their work. They do it because they enjoy it and are kind enough to share their work. Also, you'd be amazed at how far the words "please", "thank you", and "great job!" go in the world.

t
Old 07-15-2004, 03:23 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to mikejaner
This is my #1 request, but I'll be damned if I have to load that SOB .NET on my PC and have to deal with password issues again at boot up.

Are you referring to having to type in a password as a result of installing .Net? If so you are confused with the .Net signon that MS tried to get everybody to sign up for, with an architecture which was not released until last year as final. There is no sign on related to that.