SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 06-06-2004, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by thatdude90210
Some observations:

Going to the program guide from main menu (with nothing playing), selecting a show does not bring up the video window, just plays the sound, have to hit enter again and it goes to fullscreen.

While playing a video/show, hitting "stop" used to stop the video and go back to main menu, it now just stops the video but does not go to main menu.

"Search by description" and "search all fields" still uses the old background picture.

Edit: I just noticed that "video menu options" is in Multimedia-setup twice.
What update version are you using?
Old 06-06-2004, 09:10 AM
Sage Aficionado

Any Chance of being able to remove the "Sleep Mode" text from the main menu, via an option in the properties file?

Please!!!

Dan
Old 06-06-2004, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by danward79
Any Chance of being able to remove the "Sleep Mode" text from the main menu, via an option in the properties file?

Please!!!

Dan
Coming soon will be the ability to rename or remove any menu item.
Old 06-06-2004, 11:30 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally posted by mlbdude
What update version are you using?
It was beta 1.2 but I just tried beta 1.3 update on my server and one client (restarted both) and still see the same things.
Old 06-06-2004, 11:32 AM

Quote:
It was beta 1.2 but I just tried beta 1.3 update on my server and one client (restarted both) and still see the same things.
Anyone else using 1.3 and still getting the missing preview video? Also, verify that you are using either VMR9 or Overlay with Color Keying enabled.
Old 06-06-2004, 11:37 AM
Sage Aficionado

I'm using overlay (with ffdshow MPEG-4 video decoder) and overlay color keying enabled.
Old 06-06-2004, 03:48 PM
Sage Advanced User

I'm getting the missing preview window with sound, too. When I go back to the main menu, it's there and everythings fine after that. It's just the first time when nothing is being recorded. Also, weird things happen if I pull up the options dialog. Parts, or all, of the guide may disappear. If I keep pressing options, other parts disappear or reappear. Once I've gone fullscreen or to the main menu and back into the guide this doesn't happen. I'm using VMR9 with 3D accel.

Hope that helps. I have a request, too, if I may. I love the mini-guide, that's the main reason I installed this, but would it be possible to have it show what's coming on next by using the left/right arrow keys?

Thanks!
Old 06-06-2004, 05:10 PM

Found the problem in the Program Guide with the hidden video. Uploaded a new fix (1.4) with some other items included.

Also wanted to point out an excellent first "theme" for this STV created by gplasky...

http://forums.sage.tv/forums/showthr...&threadid=5773

I am on a business trip for the whole week so no updates until the weekend. Post any errors you find and I will get to them this weekend. I want to move out of the beta.

The next items will be to expose more items as user-changeable so these "themes" can be more complete. I will also try and consolidate this stuff so switching between them is easier.

Items I definitely want to make configurable include:
Menu text color
Selected item text color
Menu text size and color and style are already accessible as
ui/heading_font_size
ui/heading_font_style
ui/heading_font_face
Selected item background color
Non-Selected item background color

And more. If you think of any that you want exposed let me know. I am also thinking of moving these items out of the properties file and allow "theme" builders to included a config file with their images and such.

Thanks all, this is starting to get fun
Old 06-06-2004, 05:56 PM
Sage Aficionado

Nice, liveTV (It started out being called "LiveTV Guide," but I saw what you wrote on changes in 1.4 so I changed it in properties file to "LiveTV"), I like how you were able to keep "sleep" in the main menu, layered underneath "upcoming recordings."

"Stop" brings up a black screen instead of the main menu like it used to.

Edit: Can't seem to click "Sleep" in the main menu with the mouse.

Last edited by thatdude90210; 06-06-2004 at 05:59 PM.
Old 06-06-2004, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Nice, liveTV (It started out being called "LiveTV Guide," but I saw what you wrote on changes in 1.4 so I changed it in properties file to "LiveTV"), I like how you were able to keep "sleep" in the main menu, layered underneath "upcoming recordings."

"Stop" brings up a black screen instead of the main menu like it used to.
Yeah I was messing with your head on those properties but they seemed to make more sense this way.

Doh! I missed the stop command. It is an easy fix but will have to wait till this weekend. Sorry.

EDIT: Also fixed the Sleep problem for next release. There was an invisible mini-browser on top of it. I change the order. You can still select it with something other than the mouse though for now.

Last edited by mlbdude; 06-06-2004 at 06:05 PM.
Old 06-07-2004, 12:39 PM
SageTVaholic

I got a few problems with your skin
in favorites when adding them by title,etc.... the background color is blue and everything ghosts over eachother
and it is in every catergory in the schedule recording area but the channel browse and catergory browse
also I have issues in the favorite where the screen goes blank sometimes after viewing a favorite and returning the list of them
the window when using overlay does not get filled by the video
no overhang but a nice gap on the left hand side
VMR9 seems fine
the biggest issues seem to be in the scheduled recording area look at each tab and see if find any others
this is off a clean install of XP Pro so no side effects they are problems
Old 06-07-2004, 12:59 PM
SageTVaholic

also back arrow in the sage recording does not work with the mouse it just does left on the recording and the show names
Old 06-07-2004, 01:36 PM
Sage Aficionado

Cool, thanks for all your hard work, I have slimmed the main menu to only have

Recordings
Program Guide
Schedule Recordings
Setup

Now!!! Any Chance of getting the archive library onto the main menu?

Cheers

Dan
Old 06-07-2004, 05:58 PM
Sage User

I am a newbie so please excuse any of my ignorance. I just loaded the MlbDude2.stv,( I think it is great), and was wondering why when I push the Play DVD button nothing happens.
Old 06-07-2004, 09:41 PM
SageTVaholic

It is a screen shot of the main menu with overlay rendering of the video in the corner
I know you cannot see the video being renndered cause of overlay but there is border on the left hand side where you can clearly see a vertical well that is where the video is being shown
maybe you can adjust the overscan of the video so you will not have to see the black bar when using overlay
Old 06-08-2004, 01:27 PM
Sage Aficionado

Hi

I have just realised I do not have the menu icons on the menu's...

How do I enable them?

Dan
Old 06-08-2004, 02:47 PM
SageTVaholic

You don't-they should just be there. You need to download the original beta which should be nearer the top of the download page. That contains all the icons and everything. I think you're just downloading the updates which is just the .stv file.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 06-08-2004, 03:32 PM
Sage Aficionado

I am sure I got the orgininal beta, Oh well I will try again!
Old 06-08-2004, 03:44 PM
Sage Aficionado

Hi

Thanks Gerry, dunno what happened there, I set it up again with your "gant" Style graphics and the orginal menu selection bar and the background of, the rest of my HTPC

Cheers

Dan
Old 06-08-2004, 04:37 PM
SageTVaholic

Good. Glad I could help. (I tired to do the menu bar in the "Gant" style..well..I'm not that happy about it either.)

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.