SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 07-16-2004, 01:43 PM
Sage Advanced User

Re: Re: favorite name

Quote:
Originally posted by mlbdude
Unfortunately yes.
Now that's what I call service! Thanks for the quick response. Luckily I don't have many shows where I need to use the timeslot feature so it's not that big a deal.
Old 07-16-2004, 01:48 PM
Sage Fanatic

I didn't really want to post this twice, but thought you may not have spotted it over in the java getweather weather.com thread. Besides, it may be more under your control in the STV anyway...

I noticed these 3 lines in the weather.txt file:

curr_recorded_at=
curr_updated=
curr_humidity=

Since there is a large empty space above "Data provided by..." in the mlbdude skin, I think it would be nice if this information could be added in that area somehow.

The data for my area sometimes comes from an airport 20 miles away, other times from one 60 miles away. So, it would be nice to now how close the info is to home.

Also, even if the getweather app retrieves a new file, the data providers only update the info periodically so it could be several hours old. So, it would be nice to know that also.

And, of course, the current humidity would seem logical to have displayed along with the current conditions, temp, and wind speed.

Could these 3 extra items be added to the display, or would it add too much to the complexity of working with other weather add-ins?
Old 07-16-2004, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mls
I didn't really want to post this twice, but thought you may not have spotted it over in the java getweather weather.com thread. Besides, it may be more under your control in the STV anyway...

I noticed these 3 lines in the weather.txt file:

curr_recorded_at=
curr_updated=
curr_humidity=

Since there is a large empty space above "Data provided by..." in the mlbdude skin, I think it would be nice if this information could be added in that area somehow.

The data for my area sometimes comes from an airport 20 miles away, other times from one 60 miles away. So, it would be nice to now how close the info is to home.

Also, even if the getweather app retrieves a new file, the data providers only update the info periodically so it could be several hours old. So, it would be nice to know that also.

And, of course, the current humidity would seem logical to have displayed along with the current conditions, temp, and wind speed.

Could these 3 extra items be added to the display, or would it add too much to the complexity of working with other weather add-ins?
I was planning on adding more information in some way at some point though it would be dependant on the weather provider.
Old 07-16-2004, 01:55 PM
SageTVaholic

one more thing
I went ahead and centered the timed based recording icon
I made
so here it is

I will try to find some way to make this easier to keep up with
if anyone is interested
Attached Files
File Type: zip new folder6.zip (74.4 KB, 225 views)
Old 07-16-2004, 05:33 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally posted by mlbdude
All you have to do is remove that .Net user from your system.
I'm the administrator and the only user on my PC's, can I remove myself and still load windows XP?

Something tells me windows will not let me do this.

Are you sure?

NEW: DELL OPTIPLEX 755, 4GB MEM, ATI DVIX (DUAL) VIDEO, PVR-1250MCE & PVR-500MCE, 1.3TB HDD's
Old 07-16-2004, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by broderp
I'm the administrator and the only user on my PC's, can I remove myself and still load windows XP?

Something tells me windows will not let me do this.

Are you sure?
When you install .Net it adds a new user account (not your account). This second account is what causes the login selection screen to appear. If you delete this new account, you will not get this screen.
Old 07-16-2004, 08:59 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to mikejaner
broderp,

Go to this link

http://www.tunexp.com/tips/get_started/auto_login/
Old 07-17-2004, 12:19 AM
Sage Advanced User

Issue with Live TV Menu Item

Howdy,

First off I appreciate all of the hard work that you have put into this mod.

I've noticed an odd behavior with the LiveTV menu option. I have a button on my remote mapped via Girder to the TV sendmessage command. If I am watching a program, surf the EPG or the menu system and hit this button without selecting a new program, it drops my right back into where I left off.

However, if I select the LiveTV option on the menu system, it returns me to the beginning of the same program. This may be intentional, but it seems to me that the former behavior is more intuitive.

Also, I was wondering if you have a hint on how to format the new external_dvd_player_params properties entry. I have the lines:
external_dvd_player=C\:\\Program Files\\Zoom Player\\zplayer.exe
external_dvd_player_params=/CD:F /play

This launches Zoomplayer, but doesn't start playing.

Finally, I'd like to make a suggestion that you add an option on the main menu for launching an external program of the user's choice. I'd love to have a menu item that launches Internet Explorer.

Again, thanks for all of your help.
Andrew
Old 07-17-2004, 05:42 AM
Sage Advanced User

Re: Issue with Live TV Menu Item

Quote:
Originally posted by andrewswright
However, if I select the LiveTV option on the menu system, it returns me to the beginning of the same program.
Oops, I wasn't thinking straight when I wrote this. The Live TV command returns to the TV show currently being recorded. It skips to the end of the file, even if I have only watched part of the show. I then have to rewind until I get back to where I left off.

In contrast the Girder file TV sendmessage command returns to the show where I last was watching it. This seems more intuitive to me.

Andrew
Old 07-17-2004, 06:33 AM
Sage Advanced User

mlbdude2.stv on client?

I haven't fiddled with customzing my SageTV client very much. For that matter, I noticed that the SaveTV.properties file for it only has one entry within. Is it possible to get mlbdude2.stv to work on a SageTV Client?
Old 07-17-2004, 08:57 AM

I developed MlbDude2 on Sage Client so I think so .
Old 07-17-2004, 09:32 AM
Sage User

Re: Issue with Live TV Menu Item

Quote:
Originally posted by andrewswright

Also, I was wondering if you have a hint on how to format the new external_dvd_player_params properties entry. I have the lines:
external_dvd_player=C\:\\Program Files\\Zoom Player\\zplayer.exe
external_dvd_player_params=/CD:F /play

This launches Zoomplayer, but doesn't start playing.
I believe that there is only support for 1 parameter at this time. MlbDude said he would update it in the future (I had the same problem with my params for TT).

Jeff

P4 2.6 Ghz, 768 MB RAM, 80 GB
NVidia 6600GT, M-Audio Delta Dio 24/96, Sony DVD, DIGN case w/ VFD
Old 07-17-2004, 09:41 PM

Quote:
I believe that there is only support for 1 parameter at this time. MlbDude said he would update it in the future (I had the same problem with my params for TT).
What about having the properties file line reference a batch file that contains the command and command line parameters for the desired exe? This would allow you to specify multiple CLI parameters in the batch file. I know it's a little bit of a kludge, but it should work right? At least you could use it til MlbDude is able to get multiple CLI params to work straight from the properties file line.

/justme
Old 07-17-2004, 09:47 PM
Sage User

I tried creating a batch file with my command line and having it run that, but it didn't work for me... it didn't even run TT - just refused to run the batch file.

YMMV of course.

Jeff

P4 2.6 Ghz, 768 MB RAM, 80 GB
NVidia 6600GT, M-Audio Delta Dio 24/96, Sony DVD, DIGN case w/ VFD
Old 07-19-2004, 09:50 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via Yahoo to cmaffia
Did I miss this in previous posts?
For some reason no matter what method I list my MP3's, theyseem to play randomly... actually more like they jump ahead ..sometimes up to 6 tunes ahead or more. I dont have Random selected. Anyone? Any clues or sugestions?
Lets say that I just want, for example, list by song title and it plays in the order presented on the screen. Why is it not doing this?
Thanks
Server: Dual Tuner: PVR-150MCE/PVR-250MCE/SageTV v5.02/Asus Pundit-R 2.4GHZ/512MB DDR RAM/250 GB Maxtor HD (8MB Buffer) External Seagate 400GB HD via USB 2.0/Onboard ATI 9100 using SVIDEO TV-Out/Nvidia DVD decoder/Actisys 200L IR Blaster (Dish receiver) USBUIRT (DirectTV receiver)/Lite-On 4X DVD-R/RW/Windows XP Pro SP2/Adesso Mini IR Keyboard w/integrated mouse/Tivo "Peanut" Remote via USBUIRT/Dish Network Model 301/DirectTV subscriber/Webserver Plugin v2.8
Old 07-21-2004, 08:37 AM
Sage Icon

When using the folder view Music Library what exactly does 'Add All Recursive' mean? Also, is there a way to skip to the next track rather than FF through the songs?
Thanks
JUC
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 07-21-2004, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by JUC
When using the folder view Music Library what exactly does 'Add All Recursive' mean? Also, is there a way to skip to the next track rather than FF through the songs?
Thanks
JUC
That means you are using the beta and that will do nothing . It will hopefully allow you to add all from the current directory and all of its subdirectories.

You skip songs I think with Chan/Up and Chan/Dn. Not sure exactly though.
Old 07-21-2004, 08:52 AM
Sage Icon

Am I not running the most current version then? --ch up/dn--now why didn't I think of trying that...
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 07-21-2004, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by JUC
Am I not running the most current version then? --ch up/dn--now why didn't I think of trying that...
You are probably using the beta I posted in the MPEG4 re-compression thread. It contains a few unfinished items, but that is not a release version.
Old 07-22-2004, 08:32 AM
Sage User

DVD on Main menu

First off, love the skin. I noticed in the sage.properties that I could select to have DVD on the main menu. I set this property to true and set the show DVD in media libray to false but this had no effect. I was hoping to be able to have a menu structure like

TV
(sub menu)
Recordings
Guide
etc..
DVD
CD
Games

EPIA M10000
PVR 350 (No putput)
USB-UIRT
Svideo out from EPIA (looks as good as 350 did!)
256meg RAM
Windows XP Pro
WD 200 gig