SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 08-04-2004, 11:20 AM
Sage Expert

Where is MlbDude.

I miss him........
Old 08-04-2004, 11:27 AM
Administrator

He said he is in the middle of a move and won't be around much for a while.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 08-04-2004, 11:30 AM
Sage Expert

Here's hoping the move goes well.
Old 08-12-2004, 12:13 PM
Sage Advanced User

i'm thinking of switching from maldude to mlbdude. While malore is great, i really don't use it's features and would rather get the latest mlbdude features.

1. install question - I am assuming installing mlbdude will overwrite my properties file. How can i preserve my preferences and settings? Any other issues i need to be careful about ?

2. Is there a way to move the "Recordings" and "Schedule Recordings" buttons from the main menu to a seperate submenu ? I would like the main menu to have a submenu called "Recordings" with two items - "View Recordings" and "Schedule Recordings". This feels more logical and would save a little real estate on the main menu. Please excuse me if this has been discussed already.

Gaurav
Old 08-12-2004, 12:14 PM
SageTVaholic

1 no your properties will not be overwritten (but it is always a good idea to backup wiz.bin and sage.properties anyway!)

2 no there is currently no way of customising the menu layout.
Old 08-12-2004, 12:32 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally posted by nielm
no your properties will not be overwritten
In that case, how will the properties that were added by maldude but are not needed by mlbdude get removed ?
Old 08-12-2004, 12:57 PM
SageTVaholic

They won't be removed, but they will also do no harm.
Old 08-12-2004, 01:55 PM
Sage Advanced User

The last time i changed the STV, Sage promptly deleted my entire video library. I don't know why it happened but i would like to avoid it this time. Any pointers ?
Old 08-12-2004, 02:15 PM
SageTVaholic

I've not had this happen to me, and well, I can't say I have any pointers, but I can reaffirm that stray properties file entries won't cause this.
Old 08-14-2004, 10:00 AM
Sage User

TV in EPG black

So, I just switched to Sage from BTV and I downloaded the MlbDude2 setup and it's a vast improvement.

But I'm having one slight problem with it. In the EPG and any other screens that feature the small live TV window, the window is black. I can hear the sound just fine, and when I switch to the full-screen TV window, I see the image just fine. It's only in the little embeded TV windows that I have the problem.

I've scanned through this forum thread and have seen only one mention of a similar problem from 1972 (the user, not the year), but if I missed a post and am repeating a known issue, I apologize.

So, is this a known issue? Has anoyone else experienced something similar? Am I doing something stupid?

Other than that, this skin is excellent and a definite keeper.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 08-14-2004, 10:25 AM

Are you using 3D Acceleration and VMR9 in Sage? I will guess you are using the Default renderer. I think I have a bug in this skin that makes it only work with VMR9 or Overlay. Either of those two will perform better anyway.
Old 08-14-2004, 11:00 AM
Sage User

Yeah, unfortunately I get a lot of tearing with VMR9 and I get an error whenever I try to use the overlay. Something about cannot connect to overlay, blah, blah, blah.

I haven't gotten around to looking for a solution to that one yet since I just installed everything yesterday...
Old 08-14-2004, 11:16 AM

Overlay errors are generally caused when more than one application is trying to use it at the same time. It can also be a bad DXVA setting. Make sure all of that is set to Default in Sage. Also, some decoders may not like it on your system.

On another note, you can trade in the VMR9 tearing you are getting for some occasional stuttering if you enable VSync. But Overlay will generally give you a better image anyway so I would shoot for that.
Old 08-14-2004, 02:07 PM
Sage User

Well, I tried your suggestions, and they didn't help. Then I found a thread on my problem and it said to read the troubleshooting section of the support area, so I read that and the first thing it said to do was to change the renderer to "default" which doesn't sound like much of a solution to me.

So, I went back to VMR9 and set the thread priority to "AboveNormal" and that seems to have solved some of my tearing problems. And with VMR9 as the renderer I can now see the imbedded TV windows, so you were correct when you said it was a bug with the "Default" renderer.

So, not a great solution, but I guess I'll live with it until the bug gets fixed...
Old 08-16-2004, 06:27 AM
Sage Expert

Send a message via Yahoo to cmaffia
Anyone else notice that when you activate the "Live TV" menu, the option doesn't work when watching a recorded show?
Server: Dual Tuner: PVR-150MCE/PVR-250MCE/SageTV v5.02/Asus Pundit-R 2.4GHZ/512MB DDR RAM/250 GB Maxtor HD (8MB Buffer) External Seagate 400GB HD via USB 2.0/Onboard ATI 9100 using SVIDEO TV-Out/Nvidia DVD decoder/Actisys 200L IR Blaster (Dish receiver) USBUIRT (DirectTV receiver)/Lite-On 4X DVD-R/RW/Windows XP Pro SP2/Adesso Mini IR Keyboard w/integrated mouse/Tivo "Peanut" Remote via USBUIRT/Dish Network Model 301/DirectTV subscriber/Webserver Plugin v2.8
Old 08-16-2004, 01:05 PM
Sage Fanatic

I'm not sure what you mean by -- when you activate the "Live TV" menu --

For me it works while I'm watching a recording, but maybe I'm doing something different than what you mean?
Old 08-16-2004, 07:47 PM
SageTVaholic

mlbdude clear out some pms your box is full
Old 08-17-2004, 06:25 AM
Sage Expert

Send a message via Yahoo to cmaffia
Quote:
Originally posted by mls
I'm not sure what you mean by -- when you activate the "Live TV" menu --

For me it works while I'm watching a recording, but maybe I'm doing something different than what you mean?
When you make Live TV a menu option
Server: Dual Tuner: PVR-150MCE/PVR-250MCE/SageTV v5.02/Asus Pundit-R 2.4GHZ/512MB DDR RAM/250 GB Maxtor HD (8MB Buffer) External Seagate 400GB HD via USB 2.0/Onboard ATI 9100 using SVIDEO TV-Out/Nvidia DVD decoder/Actisys 200L IR Blaster (Dish receiver) USBUIRT (DirectTV receiver)/Lite-On 4X DVD-R/RW/Windows XP Pro SP2/Adesso Mini IR Keyboard w/integrated mouse/Tivo "Peanut" Remote via USBUIRT/Dish Network Model 301/DirectTV subscriber/Webserver Plugin v2.8
Old 08-17-2004, 11:02 AM
Sage Aficionado

Two questions:

1. How do I get the TV preview to show up like in the attached picture? What option do I need to set?

2. For the video folder images, I have no problem getting them to show on the server, how do I get them on my clients?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg main_menu_cur_rec.jpg (53.4 KB, 256 views)
Old 08-17-2004, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by edbmdave
Two questions:

1. How do I get the TV preview to show up like in the attached picture? What option do I need to set?

2. For the video folder images, I have no problem getting them to show on the server, how do I get them on my clients?
That is done with 3D Acceleration and VMR9. You can also do it with Overlay. It will not work with Default yet until I publish a 2 second fix, but it is mixed in with a bunch of beta code so it will be a bit.

For folder images on the client, keep in mind that the images are read from the physical file system. So if on the server the video is on L:\my movies\movie.avi your client needs to be able to get to it the same way to get the folder.jpg. So in that example, map an L drive to the same root as it is on the server.