SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 08-17-2004, 11:17 AM
Administrator

Also, for #2: you can use UNC style path naming for your video dirs so that the server & client will 'see' the files in the same location. You can change how your video dirs are listed in SageTv if you are careful. See this FAQ entry for switching.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 08-17-2004, 11:25 AM
Sage Advanced User

I have just read through this entire thread... again.
whew.

OK. I am trying to get the Archive Library to show in two pane mode, just like the Recordings menu.
Am i missing something here? I just can't seem to find the setting to get this.

Cheers
Old 08-17-2004, 12:26 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally posted by mlbdude
That is done with 3D Acceleration and VMR9. You can also do it with Overlay. It will not work with Default yet until I publish a 2 second fix, but it is mixed in with a bunch of beta code so it will be a bit.

For folder images on the client, keep in mind that the images are read from the physical file system. So if on the server the video is on L:\my movies\movie.avi your client needs to be able to get to it the same way to get the folder.jpg. So in that example, map an L drive to the same root as it is on the server.
I have both 3D and VMR9 enabled but do not see the TV Preview anywhere. I am using the latest beta mlbdude2 (with the compression options). Is there a .options entry I need to set?

Ok. I see my folder images now. I have remapped the drive and that works now, thanks.
Old 08-17-2004, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by edbmdave
I have both 3D and VMR9 enabled but do not see the TV Preview anywhere. I am using the latest beta mlbdude2 (with the compression options). Is there a .options entry I need to set?

Ok. I see my folder images now. I have remapped the drive and that works now, thanks.
It is not configurable and actually can't be removed. However, you do have to setup SageTV to use the Preview Windows. Check under Video Options in Detailed Setup and make sure you have that setup correctly.
Old 08-18-2004, 09:52 AM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks, All working perfectly now.
Old 08-19-2004, 03:45 PM
Sage User

MlbDude the STV is great! Here's a few features/suggestions I'd like and might also interest others.

- .wma .wmv support (is this possible?)
- 'list view' option for the music player
- the visualizations doesnt work correctly when played from file browser mode. (at least for me)
Old 08-19-2004, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jahamala
MlbDude the STV is great! Here's a few features/suggestions I'd like and might also interest others.

- .wma .wmv support (is this possible?)
- 'list view' option for the music player
- the visualizations doesnt work correctly when played from file browser mode. (at least for me)
wma/wmv support is not possible in Sage at this time.

list view option for music player can be done. I will add it to my list.

Don't know what is going on yet with the visualizations with file mode. Hopefully will figure it out .
Old 08-19-2004, 04:56 PM
Sage Advanced User

mlbdude have you ever seen problems playing a recording in progress as described in this thread.thread
Refer to post #6 for the tie to your stv.
Old 08-19-2004, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by trevorst
mlbdude have you ever seen problems playing a recording in progress as described in this thread.thread
Refer to post #6 for the tie to your stv.
I have never seen this, but will try and test - it is possible I never hit the exact right circumstances. If anyone else has seen this let me know.
Old 08-20-2004, 05:56 PM
Sage Advanced User

Looks like this was a false alarm mlbdude. It worked a few times last night then went back to it's previous results with the standard STV. I have reloaded your STV because of the folder capabilities for imported files.
BTW Would it be possible to expand that capability to archived Sage programs....
Old 08-23-2004, 02:29 PM
Sage Advanced User

mlbdude -

When the focus is on top item of a menu, pressing the "up" button should bring the focus to the last item (and vice versa).

While this works correctly on the main menu, it does not work in some of the other menus. (Let me know if i need to provide specifics)

i'm not sure if this is specific to your stv but it would be great to have it fixed.
Old 08-23-2004, 07:14 PM
Sage Icon

Just wondering if there is any way to increase the size of the tv window in the Main Menu and Program Guide Pages? Are these user configurable or another one of the those studio things.
Thanks
JUC
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 08-23-2004, 09:47 PM
SageTVaholic

I would like to see them all the same size

I like the main menu size better than the SageTV recordings/ LiveTV guide size

and yeah a studio thing
Old 08-23-2004, 10:26 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to mikejaner
Also, is can we get the window to compensate for overscan correction? In other words, I have some pretty bad overscan on my TV. I can get the full picture on my TV, but there are small black bars on the preview screen as a result.

Mike
Old 08-23-2004, 11:25 PM
SageTVaholic

is this with the pvr 350?

if it is with software decoding then make sure you have the newest release
of mlbdude

he did make a fix for overlay
since it was doing this
Old 08-24-2004, 11:49 AM
Sage Icon

I wouldn't mind the preview windows to be the same size, but it seems that on the main menu--you can go alot bigger without losing the menu items while on the EPG there is little room to grow, but still some. On my small 25" TV it is hard to tell what's going on if I am surfing through the EPG. Damn Studio
JUC
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 08-24-2004, 09:04 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to mikejaner
since it was doing this

Yes, I am running 1.8.7 and using overlay.

Mike
Old 08-27-2004, 01:24 PM
Sage Advanced User

Meedio

Hello mlbdude,

I was reading a thread in the HTPCnews forum where you mentioned adjusting your .stv so that it would work seamlessly with meedio. I was wondering where you were on that. I really like meedio--especially for its plug-ins, available themes, customization options, and ability to play other music formats outside of "mp3."

But I LOVE sagetv2 for its PVR capabilities.

So, seamless integration would make my life much easier! =)
Old 08-27-2004, 05:12 PM
Sage User

That would be awsome.... Of course we add in malore's commercial advance and we are done!

EPIA M10000
PVR 350 (No putput)
USB-UIRT
Svideo out from EPIA (looks as good as 350 did!)
256meg RAM
Windows XP Pro
WD 200 gig
Old 08-27-2004, 06:23 PM

I am back after a week long business trip. I will try and answer the questions posted here.

Quote:
mlbdude -

When the focus is on top item of a menu, pressing the "up" button should bring the focus to the last item (and vice versa).

While this works correctly on the main menu, it does not work in some of the other menus. (Let me know if i need to provide specifics)

i'm not sure if this is specific to your stv but it would be great to have it fixed.
I notice this too. I will look into it.
Quote:
Just wondering if there is any way to increase the size of the tv window in the Main Menu and Program Guide Pages? Are these user configurable or another one of the those studio things.
Thanks
JUC
Can't do it currently. I may look into this.

Quote:
since it was doing this

Yes, I am running 1.8.7 and using overlay.

Mike
This is not something I can easily get to. It might be possible to find a workaround though.
Quote:
Hello mlbdude,

I was reading a thread in the HTPCnews forum where you mentioned adjusting your .stv so that it would work seamlessly with meedio. I was wondering where you were on that. I really like meedio--especially for its plug-ins, available themes, customization options, and ability to play other music formats outside of "mp3."

But I LOVE sagetv2 for its PVR capabilities.

So, seamless integration would make my life much easier! =)
I am no longer planning on doing any direct Meedio integration. I have currently not decided to purchase the product and have gone the path of keeping everything in one interface for simplicity.

However, I am planning on integrating neilm's configurable menu so you could probably do something with that.
Quote:
That would be awsome.... Of course we add in malore's commercial advance and we are done!
Once commercial skip works 99.9% for everyone for everything I don't plan on integrating this.