SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 06-13-2004, 07:02 PM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks,

I know how to rename all the files to folder.jpg but doing so would create problems for myHTPC, and I am not ready to make that switch just yet (I'll need to have Studio for myself to be able to customize like I want to). Thanks for the work

Lain
Old 06-13-2004, 10:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Can I ask for a feature request

I am using two sources for recording
analog cable and digital satellite
I noticed one thing after changing around my audio rendering and decoding setting long enough
I realized that for analog cable the best rendering was directsound:audigy(sound card) and decoding was setting up the audio decoder of my choice for 5.1 analog sound
for satellite I found it was setting the rendering to default wave out and for decoding setting the audio decoder to spdif

I found that when using analog 5.1 setup with my digital satellite recording I got a lot of noise
when using the spdif decoding with analog cable recording
I found the background sounds to be overpowerig in comparasion to the dialog from the people talking

I know there is probably no way you would add separate video and audio decoding/rendering parameters because you and most of everyone else has different setups and probably only uses one source for recording but
Is possible to do with Studio?
(to setup video/audio decoding and rendering per source( such as coxial, svideo, composite, in the future with high Def component, DVI, firewire)

I have been wondering about this after all the testing to see what which combination of renderrig and decoding worked best for my audio setup

also I could only get 5.1 stereo this way with both the analog recordings and the digital recordings
I do not know why?

Last edited by kny3twalker; 06-16-2004 at 07:12 PM.
Old 06-14-2004, 07:19 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via Yahoo to cmaffia
I don't know if this was reported but there is no control of the video calibration with the remote didn't see if the keyboard works or not as I do not have a keyboard hooked up to my system.
Overall I love this style. Just fix the bugs!

Thanks
Server: Dual Tuner: PVR-150MCE/PVR-250MCE/SageTV v5.02/Asus Pundit-R 2.4GHZ/512MB DDR RAM/250 GB Maxtor HD (8MB Buffer) External Seagate 400GB HD via USB 2.0/Onboard ATI 9100 using SVIDEO TV-Out/Nvidia DVD decoder/Actisys 200L IR Blaster (Dish receiver) USBUIRT (DirectTV receiver)/Lite-On 4X DVD-R/RW/Windows XP Pro SP2/Adesso Mini IR Keyboard w/integrated mouse/Tivo "Peanut" Remote via USBUIRT/Dish Network Model 301/DirectTV subscriber/Webserver Plugin v2.8
Old 06-14-2004, 08:19 PM
Sage Icon

Thanks for 1.6! It seems to cover the things I care about!
Old 06-17-2004, 02:36 PM
Sage Aficionado

So, um, where are 1.5 and 1.6? All I see on the ~mlbdude page is 1.4.1...
Old 06-17-2004, 03:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Go to the first post in this thread.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 06-17-2004, 04:45 PM
Sage Advanced User

Where are the new props?

Where do you edit the new properties?
Saw these props in the 1st post on 1.4

To be able to modify what's on the main menu for example:
---------------------------------------------------------------
Added properties to modify Main Menu items:
ui/main_menu_epg_enabled=true
ui/main_menu_epg_text=Program Guide
ui/main_menu_livetv_enabled=false
ui/main_menu_livetv_text=Live TV
ui/main_menu_mlib_enabled=true
ui/main_menu_mlib_text=Media Library & DVD
ui/main_menu_schedrec_enabled=true
ui/main_menu_schedrec_text=Schedule Recordings
ui/main_menu_setup_enabled=true
ui/main_menu_setup_text=Setup
ui/main_menu_sleep_enabled=true
ui/main_menu_sleep_text=Sleep
ui/main_menu_sr_enabled=true
ui/main_menu_sr_text=Recordings
ui/main_menu_srmenu_enabled=false
---------------------------------------------------------------

do I have to add these to the sage.props file?

Nevermind, i am an idiot...
Old 06-17-2004, 10:19 PM
Sage Advanced User

Skip forward using Enhanced OSD

mlbdude thanks for the new look! I'm curious, was the time progress bar left off of the Enhanced OSD when skipping forward on purpose? Is there a way for me to re-enable it?

Thanks,
HC
Old 06-17-2004, 10:27 PM
SageTVaholic

found a small bug
go into setup and adjust the overscan of the video and you will see that the boxes around the - and + are sketchy
probably not important just noticed it for some fine tuning
Old 06-17-2004, 10:34 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via Yahoo to cmaffia
OK I noticed that using the Enhanced OSD.. when I do manual recordings there is no way to tell it is recording.. Original Skin would outline in red the show description on top.
Server: Dual Tuner: PVR-150MCE/PVR-250MCE/SageTV v5.02/Asus Pundit-R 2.4GHZ/512MB DDR RAM/250 GB Maxtor HD (8MB Buffer) External Seagate 400GB HD via USB 2.0/Onboard ATI 9100 using SVIDEO TV-Out/Nvidia DVD decoder/Actisys 200L IR Blaster (Dish receiver) USBUIRT (DirectTV receiver)/Lite-On 4X DVD-R/RW/Windows XP Pro SP2/Adesso Mini IR Keyboard w/integrated mouse/Tivo "Peanut" Remote via USBUIRT/Dish Network Model 301/DirectTV subscriber/Webserver Plugin v2.8
Old 06-18-2004, 06:11 AM

Re: Skip forward using Enhanced OSD

Quote:
Originally posted by hchucky
mlbdude thanks for the new look! I'm curious, was the time progress bar left off of the Enhanced OSD when skipping forward on purpose? Is there a way for me to re-enable it?

Thanks,
HC
It should be there. I know it pops up for me using FF or Time-Scroll, maybe you are using FF2? I will check that out to see if I can duplicate.
Old 06-18-2004, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by kny3twalker
found a small bug
go into setup and adjust the overscan of the video and you will see that the boxes around the - and + are sketchy
probably not important just noticed it for some fine tuning
Thanks, I found a couple of other areas like this too - but did not notice this one yet .
Old 06-18-2004, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by cmaffia
OK I noticed that using the Enhanced OSD.. when I do manual recordings there is no way to tell it is recording.. Original Skin would outline in red the show description on top.
I did not care for the borders in the OSD so I removed them. For me on a 4 tuner system they did not mean much and made the OSD look ugly. I am planning on incorporating some kind of small icon in the OSD at some point to designate what type of recording ti is.

BTW, the yellow border means currently recording. Red just means it was a manual recording.
Old 06-18-2004, 06:43 AM
Sage Advanced User

Re: Re: Skip forward using Enhanced OSD

Quote:
Originally posted by mlbdude
It should be there. I know it pops up for me using FF or Time-Scroll, maybe you are using FF2? I will check that out to see if I can duplicate.
The problem is when FF2 is performed by it self.

HC
Old 06-18-2004, 06:46 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally posted by gplasky
Go to the first post in this thread.
Gerry
Oh, good lord.

I.. uh... that is...

um.

thanks.

Old 06-18-2004, 07:44 AM
SageTVaholic

Obviously a long day or a long night.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 06-18-2004, 04:09 PM

Re: Re: Re: Skip forward using Enhanced OSD

Quote:
Originally posted by hchucky
The problem is when FF2 is performed by it self.

HC
Well checking STV and trying it myself the time-bar pops up when I use FF2 or REW2. Can anyone else replicate this? It is possible that I fixed it but I don't remember doing do.

Thanks!
Old 06-18-2004, 07:07 PM
Sage Advanced User

Re: Re: Re: Re: Skip forward using Enhanced OSD

Quote:
Originally posted by mlbdude
Well checking STV and trying it myself the time-bar pops up when I use FF2 or REW2. Can anyone else replicate this? It is possible that I fixed it but I don't remember doing do.

Thanks!
I am running 1.5 and this currently works; I am also using girder and the send message pluging to send my FFW#2 command.

---

On another note, I have the Currently Recording and Upcoming Recording sub windows enabled on the main menu. I come home everyday about about 5:45 and see that that it still says Upcoming recording "That 70's Show 5:00 - 5:30". If I hit say the "Recordings" button and come back to the main menu, this sub window refreshes. I'm wondering if it's possible to put the refresh you do for the sub window in a timer event also like it is when you navigate to different sections of the program. That would be neat if there was a timer event system to take advantage of in Studio...
Hauppage 350 Bundle = $220
SageTv = PriceLess
Old 06-19-2004, 08:30 AM

I have a request into Frey for some kind of repeating timer. Currently I can't do it with what I have (that I know of).
Old 06-19-2004, 06:39 PM

First complete release of MlbDude2 is up (1.7). Check out the first topic in the thread for details.

http://forums.sage.tv/forums/showthr...3155#post43155

I will be doing a webpage for this skin next.