SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 06-21-2004, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ErsatzTom
Should there be an icon for the Live TV menu item? There doesn't seem to be one for it with the default icon... does it at least look for a particular file name for an icon for it? Or did I just mess something up so that my client isn't displaying one?

t
There is none included, but it is looking for "mm_livetv.png".
Old 06-21-2004, 02:13 PM

Re: ..

Quote:
Originally posted by samson
I just tried your lastest when I go to LiveTV Guide it takes me to the show that is currently recording not the tv guide
and is there a way to remove the sleep mode on the main menu
While Sage is closed, delete all your ui/main_menu_* lines from your Sage.properties file. Restart Sage then exit again. NOTE: These lines are currently not compatible with the old style STV so be careful when switching between them.

Now go in and you should see new lines similar to:
ui/main_menu_epg_enabled=true
ui/main_menu_epg_text=Program Guide
ui/main_menu_livetv_enabled=false
ui/main_menu_livetv_text=Live TV
ui/main_menu_mlib_enabled=true
ui/main_menu_mlib_text=Media Library & DVD
ui/main_menu_schedrec_enabled=true
ui/main_menu_schedrec_text=Schedule Recordings
ui/main_menu_setup_enabled=true
ui/main_menu_setup_text=Setup
ui/main_menu_sleep_enabled=true
ui/main_menu_sleep_text=Sleep
ui/main_menu_sr_enabled=true
ui/main_menu_sr_text=Recordings

epg line is for the LiveTV Guide
livetv line is for Live TV

To remove Sleep, set sleep_enabled=false
Old 06-21-2004, 02:13 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via AIM to ErsatzTom
Were these icons drawn from a publicly available set that one can find others that sort of match the existing ones?

t
Old 06-21-2004, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ErsatzTom
Were these icons drawn from a publicly available set that one can find others that sort of match the existing ones?

t
I believe so. gplasky put that collection together from one he found. He told me "They are from deviantart site from a collection called G.A.N.T. & G.A.N.T.2 by Paul Davey.". So maybe you can find them.
Old 06-21-2004, 02:26 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks
Old 06-21-2004, 03:33 PM
Sage Advanced User

mlbdude,

update on the fill issue.

i noticed that with vmr9 on, 3d accel, and video backgrounds on (but nothing playing.. just black screen behind) the menus, and epg are fine. cells get filled with the correct color and filled completly.

but with the same settings as above, but video is playing as the background. this is when things go bad. and i get results as in the screenshots i posted earlier.

again, since i see this in malores stv also. im wondering if its not a bug in sage itself. maybe this info could help frey in tracking it down. *shrugs*

i didnt get this problem in the alpha preview of 'mlbdude2' nor do i get this in the current version of 'mlbdude1'. do you have any ideas on what you could have added that exposed this bug?
Old 06-21-2004, 03:36 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via Yahoo to cmaffia
DONE button is back in Color Calibration but you deleted the Sharpness parameter now :-)
Server: Dual Tuner: PVR-150MCE/PVR-250MCE/SageTV v5.02/Asus Pundit-R 2.4GHZ/512MB DDR RAM/250 GB Maxtor HD (8MB Buffer) External Seagate 400GB HD via USB 2.0/Onboard ATI 9100 using SVIDEO TV-Out/Nvidia DVD decoder/Actisys 200L IR Blaster (Dish receiver) USBUIRT (DirectTV receiver)/Lite-On 4X DVD-R/RW/Windows XP Pro SP2/Adesso Mini IR Keyboard w/integrated mouse/Tivo "Peanut" Remote via USBUIRT/Dish Network Model 301/DirectTV subscriber/Webserver Plugin v2.8
Old 06-21-2004, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by xlr8shun
mlbdude,

update on the fill issue.

i noticed that with vmr9 on, 3d accel, and video backgrounds on (but nothing playing.. just black screen behind) the menus, and epg are fine. cells get filled with the correct color and filled completly.

but with the same settings as above, but video is playing as the background. this is when things go bad. and i get results as in the screenshots i posted earlier.

again, since i see this in malores stv also. im wondering if its not a bug in sage itself. maybe this info could help frey in tracking it down. *shrugs*

i didnt get this problem in the alpha preview of 'mlbdude2' nor do i get this in the current version of 'mlbdude1'. do you have any ideas on what you could have added that exposed this bug?
It is some kind of relationship between your decoder, video card, and video card driver. Are you running the latest driver by chance?
Old 06-21-2004, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by cmaffia
DONE button is back in Color Calibration but you deleted the Sharpness parameter now :-)
Doh! I just fixed it for next release. Technically I think the controls are there for now, just not the label.
Old 06-21-2004, 04:56 PM
Sage Advanced User

Seperation of Music jpg and pictures

I have designated my imported media files directory to have both my mp3 dir and my photo dir. The problem is I have the folder .jpg still in there ( I am not removing them becuase I will just have to put them back again when this whole embedding the image into the mp3 file is resolved.) . This adds the album covers to my pictures and have to sort through them to see any family photos.

Is there going to be an enhancement to seperate the import media (lumping them all into one) to something like import audio and import images. This way your album art does not get thrown into your photos....

Thx,

R00ST3R
Old 06-21-2004, 05:32 PM

Re: Seperation of Music jpg and pictures

Quote:
Originally posted by r00st3r
I have designated my imported media files directory to have both my mp3 dir and my photo dir. The problem is I have the folder .jpg still in there ( I am not removing them becuase I will just have to put them back again when this whole embedding the image into the mp3 file is resolved.) . This adds the album covers to my pictures and have to sort through them to see any family photos.

Is there going to be an enhancement to seperate the import media (lumping them all into one) to something like import audio and import images. This way your album art does not get thrown into your photos....

Thx,

R00ST3R
That won't come from me, as that would be a core change. For video library though feel free to use a different file name to keep the folder images from getting imported. You can configure that in the properties file. I know folder.img works well.
Old 06-21-2004, 09:37 PM
Sage Advanced User

On my machine, if I enable the Enhanced OSD, the mini-guide works well, but the system seems to have a really hard time reacting to the normal channel up/down functions. In fact, with the E-OSD, CH U/D will generally lock up the system for many seconds at a time, while without the E-OSD, channel u/d changes are very smooth and quick... I have Overlay with 3D accel, if it matters...

Thoughts?

thanks!
Old 06-21-2004, 10:27 PM
Sage Advanced User

mlbdude, I want to first say thanks. For months I have been planning on spending a ton of time with studio (when it's released) in working up a top notch Ui that really fit my needs, but yours is so close to what I'd would do for myself, that I now think that it won't be necessary. Fantastic job with this!!

I have just a few things on my wish and bug list:

1) I use the two pane vertical display for my recordings. Would it possible to display the grouping item on the left in italics if all of the items on the right are already watched?

2) In the Setup>Detailed Setup>Multimedia section there are a lot of items. On my display, the list actually runs below my viewable area and I'm unable to see the last item, "Sage Recordings Menu". Can this window be scrollable or can the items be groupd differently so that they are all visible?

I had several others, but you took care of all of them int he 1.8 series of fixes. Again, great job!!

-Watter
Old 06-22-2004, 12:26 AM
SageTVaholic

to answer question number 2 you can adjust the overscan settings to shrink or grow the size of the UI without affecting the size of the video
this has always been a feature of Sage
pretty sweet, huh?

MlbDude you know what a wishlist is ........

Also I have over 40 MBs of icons that I took from other software and such
that I would be glad to share
but you would not want me to post 40 times in a row to share it all

but if you have a way I can send it to you

yahoo mail can handle 100 MB now and Gmail is a gig

so if you pm me with your email or a free one (new) I can send it to you
Old 06-22-2004, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Watter
mlbdude, I want to first say thanks. For months I have been planning on spending a ton of time with studio (when it's released) in working up a top notch Ui that really fit my needs, but yours is so close to what I'd would do for myself, that I now think that it won't be necessary. Fantastic job with this!!

I have just a few things on my wish and bug list:

1) I use the two pane vertical display for my recordings. Would it possible to display the grouping item on the left in italics if all of the items on the right are already watched?

2) In the Setup>Detailed Setup>Multimedia section there are a lot of items. On my display, the list actually runs below my viewable area and I'm unable to see the last item, "Sage Recordings Menu". Can this window be scrollable or can the items be groupd differently so that they are all visible?

I had several others, but you took care of all of them int he 1.8 series of fixes. Again, great job!!

-Watter
#1 probably. It is on my list to look int oat least.

#2 I though I already had it set to do that. I will look again. If not I am planning on adding a new tab on the left just for my stuff since I am going to expose a lot you need to do in the properties file anyway.
Old 06-22-2004, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by kny3twalker
to answer question number 2 you can adjust the overscan settings to shrink or grow the size of the UI without affecting the size of the video
this has always been a feature of Sage
pretty sweet, huh?

MlbDude you know what a wishlist is ........

Also I have over 40 MBs of icons that I took from other software and such
that I would be glad to share
but you would not want me to post 40 times in a row to share it all

but if you have a way I can send it to you

yahoo mail can handle 100 MB now and Gmail is a gig

so if you pm me with your email or a free one (new) I can send it to you
You mean wishlist recording? If so I can't do that with Studio but want it too .

I will PM you may yahoo address later today. Thanks.
Old 06-22-2004, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by gotuitdan
On my machine, if I enable the Enhanced OSD, the mini-guide works well, but the system seems to have a really hard time reacting to the normal channel up/down functions. In fact, with the E-OSD, CH U/D will generally lock up the system for many seconds at a time, while without the E-OSD, channel u/d changes are very smooth and quick... I have Overlay with 3D accel, if it matters...

Thoughts?

thanks!
This is possible if you have a slow machine. I am creating this on an Athlon XP1800+ and the performance is fine. I have a dedicated P3 1Ghz that I have not yet tested the latest Mini-Guide so I will try tonight.

With the left and right navigation in the Mini-Guide it will probably just require a faster machine.

One thing I am going to look into is how many hours are returned from the future for that channel. I think it is set to get them all that is available.
Old 06-22-2004, 07:19 AM
Sage Icon

mlbdude-thanks so much for the continuous updates!! Being able to disable the miniguide and access the full guide by my remote programable button while still getting the miniguide with the arrow keys is AWESOME! My wife thanks you--much more intuitive like our dish network controls
-keep it coming
JUC
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 06-22-2004, 08:38 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally posted by mlbdude
#2 I though I already had it set to do that. I will look again. If not I am planning on adding a new tab on the left just for my stuff since I am going to expose a lot you need to do in the properties file anyway.
Perhaps the problem is that the final item is on razor's edge of what I can see in that window. I can actually see the top half of the text which says, "Sage Recordings Menu" (the bottoms of those letters are cut off, but I can mae out what they say) but I can't actually see the button/control which lets me change that option.

-Watter
Old 06-22-2004, 09:13 AM
Sage Expert

Send a message via Yahoo to cmaffia
Quote:
Originally posted by JUC
mlbdude-thanks so much for the continuous updates!! Being able to disable the miniguide and access the full guide by my remote programable button while still getting the miniguide with the arrow keys is AWESOME! My wife thanks you--much more intuitive like our dish network controls
-keep it coming
JUC
Unfortunately this feature still does not work at all for us StreamZap users. Any work around Mlbdude?

Is there an event # associated with the mini-guide?
How can I link the mini guide to my StreamZap?

When I enable the enhanced OSD option, my FULL GUIDE programmed button brings up the Mini Guide. If there was a way to program a button to FULL GUIDE while enhanced OSD is enabled, that would be a workaround. Problem is when I try to link a IR command to "GUIDE" it keeps bringing up the mini-guide.
am I linking the wrong command? Help please. :-)
Server: Dual Tuner: PVR-150MCE/PVR-250MCE/SageTV v5.02/Asus Pundit-R 2.4GHZ/512MB DDR RAM/250 GB Maxtor HD (8MB Buffer) External Seagate 400GB HD via USB 2.0/Onboard ATI 9100 using SVIDEO TV-Out/Nvidia DVD decoder/Actisys 200L IR Blaster (Dish receiver) USBUIRT (DirectTV receiver)/Lite-On 4X DVD-R/RW/Windows XP Pro SP2/Adesso Mini IR Keyboard w/integrated mouse/Tivo "Peanut" Remote via USBUIRT/Dish Network Model 301/DirectTV subscriber/Webserver Plugin v2.8

Last edited by cmaffia; 06-22-2004 at 09:22 AM.