SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 06-22-2004, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by cmaffia
Unfortunately this feature still does not work at all for us StreamZap users. Any work around Mlbdude?
Can you post a list of the SageTV.exe -event xx commands your remote is configured to send to Sage? (I think this is how the StreamZap works)

I can try and simulate it to see what it does.
Old 06-22-2004, 09:24 AM
Sage Expert

Send a message via Yahoo to cmaffia
Quote:
Originally posted by mlbdude
Can you post a list of the SageTV.exe -event xx commands your remote is configured to send to Sage? (I think this is how the StreamZap works)

I can try and simulate it to see what it does.
Where would I find that file and what would the file be named?

Thanks!
Server: Dual Tuner: PVR-150MCE/PVR-250MCE/SageTV v5.02/Asus Pundit-R 2.4GHZ/512MB DDR RAM/250 GB Maxtor HD (8MB Buffer) External Seagate 400GB HD via USB 2.0/Onboard ATI 9100 using SVIDEO TV-Out/Nvidia DVD decoder/Actisys 200L IR Blaster (Dish receiver) USBUIRT (DirectTV receiver)/Lite-On 4X DVD-R/RW/Windows XP Pro SP2/Adesso Mini IR Keyboard w/integrated mouse/Tivo "Peanut" Remote via USBUIRT/Dish Network Model 301/DirectTV subscriber/Webserver Plugin v2.8
Old 06-22-2004, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Unfortunately this feature still does not work at all for us StreamZap users. Any work around Mlbdude?

Is there an event # associated with the mini-guide?
How can I link the mini guide to my StreamZap?

When I enable the enhanced OSD option, my FULL GUIDE programmed button brings up the Mini Guide. If there was a way to program a button to FULL GUIDE while enhanced OSD is enabled, that would be a workaround. Problem is when I try to link a IR command to "GUIDE" it keeps bringing up the mini-guide.
am I linking the wrong command? Help please. :-)
After reading your edits it sounds like it is working as designed. By default the Mini-Guide takes over the GUIDE command in the Enhanced OSD and the LiveTV Guide then uses the CUSTOM1 command.

You can reverse this by setting mlbdude/use_mini_guide=false.
Old 06-22-2004, 09:44 AM
Sage Expert

Send a message via Yahoo to cmaffia
Quote:
After reading your edits it sounds like it is working as designed. By default the Mini-Guide takes over the GUIDE command in the Enhanced OSD and the LiveTV Guide then uses the CUSTOM1 command.

You can reverse this by setting mlbdude/use_mini_guide=false.
But if I reverse it will the Mini Guide still take over my Full guide? I want the mini guide when I arrow UP along with my programmed Full Guide button
Server: Dual Tuner: PVR-150MCE/PVR-250MCE/SageTV v5.02/Asus Pundit-R 2.4GHZ/512MB DDR RAM/250 GB Maxtor HD (8MB Buffer) External Seagate 400GB HD via USB 2.0/Onboard ATI 9100 using SVIDEO TV-Out/Nvidia DVD decoder/Actisys 200L IR Blaster (Dish receiver) USBUIRT (DirectTV receiver)/Lite-On 4X DVD-R/RW/Windows XP Pro SP2/Adesso Mini IR Keyboard w/integrated mouse/Tivo "Peanut" Remote via USBUIRT/Dish Network Model 301/DirectTV subscriber/Webserver Plugin v2.8
Old 06-22-2004, 09:46 AM

Quote:
But if I do that then the Mini Guide takes over and I want the mini guide along with my programmed Full Guide button
If you do that you can get the mini-guide with the custom1 command OR by pushing channel up or channel dn. The Guide command would send you to the full TV guide.
Old 06-22-2004, 10:13 AM
Sage Icon

with the mini-guide disabled, the mini guide also comes up with the arrow keys as well(the scroll arrows) in addition to the channel up/dw--but this is for the AIW remote. Works great
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 06-22-2004, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by JUC
with the mini-guide disabled, the mini guide also comes up with the arrow keys as well(the scroll arrows) in addition to the channel up/dw--but this is for the AIW remote. Works great
That property is a little deceiving. It really does not disable the MG, but changes the way the GUIDE and CUSTOM1 command work.

Anyone using the timeout with the EPG?
Old 06-22-2004, 11:57 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
This is possible if you have a slow machine. I am creating this on an Athlon XP1800+ and the performance is fine. I have a dedicated P3 1Ghz that I have not yet tested the latest Mini-Guide so I will try tonight.

With the left and right navigation in the Mini-Guide it will probably just require a faster machine.

One thing I am going to look into is how many hours are returned from the future for that channel. I think it is set to get them all that is available.
Well, since my server is a 3-tuner 800MHz PIII, that could very well be the problem... If you find a solution or increase the efficiency, please let me know...

Thanks a lot... Great work!

dan.
Old 06-22-2004, 03:20 PM
Sage Advanced User

Mlbdude, is there any way you can make the yellow/red surrounds when a programme is currently-recording/manual-record both show up (e.g. one inside the other), or have an option to just show the red one (original Frey behaviour)?

It's pretty common for me to start watching something and then decide to record the rest of it, so I normally hit manual record and then put Sage to sleep (that way, another favorite or IR won't kick in behind the scenes). I normally go and check that the manual record "took", but I can't tell now as the yellow border is always on top of the red one.

Cheers (and great work BTW),

- Neil.
Old 06-22-2004, 03:34 PM

That is actually a bug from Frey I fixed in mine. In all prior versions of the beta (don't remember where it got broken) the yellow border had precedence.

I don't like seeing just the red since it does not tell me if it is currently going or not. I will look into making more than one color visible.
Old 06-22-2004, 04:41 PM

Put up a new version.

1.8.3 - June 22 2004
Added property to auto close OSD Options menu after Inactivity timeout if it is open. Again, mouse focus does not count as activity.
mlbdude/auto_close_osd_option=true
Added playlist capability to Video Library. It uses a playlist called "VIDEO PLAYLIST" so just ignore it if you use the Music Playlist manager.
Added ability to import Title and Overview from a DVDProfiler xml file. Place the xml file in the same folder as the video file or your folder.jpg. The default name it looks for is "info.xml".
Added new Options menu to Gide displays (LiveTV Guide, Browse by Station, Browse by Category, Upcoming Movies) to allow quick guide navigation.
Added new command CUSTOM2 command to cycle through the four different Guide views.
Added new Upcoming Movies menu. Use the Options menu to filter by Movie sub-category.
Changed Mini-Guide to only show the next 12 hours for right navigation. Might help performance issues.

Those that were having performance issues with the Mini-Guide let me know if it is faster now.
Old 06-22-2004, 05:43 PM
Sage User

DVD XML

What program are you using to generate your dvd profile?
Old 06-22-2004, 06:20 PM

Re: DVD XML

Quote:
Originally posted by darksoul
What program are you using to generate your dvd profile?
I was given a sample XML generated from DVD Profiler.

http://www.intervocative.com/Products.aspx

However, to take advantage of it for now you can use an XML formatted like:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="us-ascii" ?>
<DVD>
<Title>Eurotrip</Title>
<Overview>When Scotty's German online pen pal suggests they meet, he initially freaks out. But then he discovers that she's gorgeous, and heads out with three friends after graduation to meet her. As they travel across Europe, the four friends have comical misadventures.</Overview>
</DVD>
Old 06-22-2004, 06:40 PM
SageTVaholic

can you disable the arrows on the top and bottom of the screen on the setup menu, it makes it so you cannot hit up from the first item(setup wizard) and be at the bottom item (back to main menu) because the wrap around is not working
it also does not work with page up and down
I do not even know why they are there unless it it for future items to added to the list but in that case why not disable them unless they are needed

also do you still want the images?
Old 06-22-2004, 06:49 PM
Sage Advanced User

I love it! One thing that I find hard to deal with is in the program guide there is no way of telling what numbers you have entered when performing a jump. My RF remote reciever doesn't always pick up the button presses so when I push 136 and hit enter I may end up at 16 for example. Is there anyway of adding the keyed number display back into your new guide?

Keep up the excellent work!
________
HEAD SHOP

Last edited by meekell; 09-08-2011 at 08:54 AM.
Old 06-22-2004, 06:51 PM
SageTVaholic

here's the arrows pictures
for you
Attached Files
File Type: zip arrows.zip (137.4 KB, 226 views)
Old 06-22-2004, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by meekell
I love it! One thing that I find hard to deal with is in the program guide there is no way of telling what numbers you have entered when performing a jump. My RF remote reciever doesn't always pick up the button presses so when I push 136 and hit enter I may end up at 16 for example. Is there anyway of adding the keyed number display back into your new guide?

Keep up the excellent work!
Maybe . I just need to figure out a place to put it that does not ruin the aesthetics.
Old 06-22-2004, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by kny3twalker
here's the arrows pictures
for you
Ah, I know what you are talking about now. Those are popping up because the menu items can't all fit on screen so Sage is brining up the nav arrows. I have seen it do it sometimes even if a single pixel is cut off.

I will add a property to hide them if you want. I use them personally since my menus have much larger fonts and it is nice to know I can scroll to get more menu items.
Old 06-23-2004, 09:20 AM
Sage Advanced User

mlbdude,

The new 1.8.3 version helped a lot with channel change performance. I assume it's the limitation of 12 hours of guide data in the mini-guide. Could the number of hours in the mini-guide be adjustable? Since the performance seems directly affected by the number of hours, I'd personally like it to only load the current shows on each station, since my mini-guide use is limited to channel surfing more than looking ahead. This would presumably increase performance even more. While it's faster now, it's not quite fast enough... :-)

thanks a ton!

dan.
Old 06-23-2004, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by gotuitdan
mlbdude,

The new 1.8.3 version helped a lot with channel change performance. I assume it's the limitation of 12 hours of guide data in the mini-guide. Could the number of hours in the mini-guide be adjustable? Since the performance seems directly affected by the number of hours, I'd personally like it to only load the current shows on each station, since my mini-guide use is limited to channel surfing more than looking ahead. This would presumably increase performance even more. While it's faster now, it's not quite fast enough... :-)

thanks a ton!

dan.
That is already done for the next build. I am glad that was it.

Thanks!