SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 12-30-2011, 09:02 AM
Sage User

pixelization/choppy play on extenders

I have a few mpeg4 files on my computer that play perfectly using Sagetv or windows media player on my computer but will not play very well on my HD300 or HD200 extenders. I tried the same files on my old computer that still had a working copy of Sagetv on it but they still have the same pixelization and choppy play. Oddly, one of the files started working again. The choppy play and pixelization seem to start or get worse when there is both video and audio. I am using a wired network and I tried switching network cables to my computer but that didn't correct the problem. I have not tried rebooting the router or switch but it does not make sense, the kids have no problem with xbox etc. Speed tests to my provider are normal and it only affects certain files. Could this be a frame rate problem? I have not checked all of the files that do not work, but the file I have been testing has a frame rate around 24. It does not explain however why one of the files started working.