SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Recorder Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Recorder Software Discussion related to the SageTV Recorder application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Recorder should be posted here.

Old 06-08-2004, 02:44 AM

Send a message via AIM to Hec-
Been a while since I heard from the Creative Digital VCR

Hey All,

First of all I want to say that I have been a fan of this forum since I started visiting sometime last year when I purchased the SageTV Recorder. I never registered, just enjoyed reading (and with this creative card you can imagine all the reading I was doing). Lately this forum has run dry on information regarding the Creative Digital VCR. Did Sage give up on this card? Has this card gone as far as it could? We also havn't heard much from _Demo_, is he still tinkering with this card?

I own a Creative Digital VCR and with its orginal drivers & software it works great for it was advertised to do. But for me, and im sure many of you, I had other plans. Sage Recorder provided a way to record that gave us both better quality & compatible mpeg-2 files that most authoring programs accept. With the addition of _Demo_'s drivers we also got DVD complaint 720x480 files. I ocassionally still notice the sync issues are there and more noticeable are these strange glitches of whole groups of frames of video going missing and causing 1 - 2 sec delays. Any advice besides the classic "get a pvr-250" would be appreciated.

Soon I will see what all the hype is about, I will be recieving a Hauppauge WinTV pvr-250 card soon as part of an RMA/Upgrade for my old useless defective PVR-PCI.

Thanks for reading,
Hec-
Old 06-14-2004, 10:38 PM

Send a message via AIM to Hec-
Wow, not everyone all post at once.... Must be true what others have been saying. Sage Recorder is like the forgotten child here at freytechnologies.
Old 06-15-2004, 12:51 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Hec-
Wow, not everyone all post at once.... Must be true what others have been saying. Sage Recorder is like the forgotten child here at freytechnologies.
I don't think it's necessarily SageRecorder that no one had input on. Your questions weren't about SageRecorder per se', but about a specific PVR card it seems few people use.