SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 07-09-2012, 02:03 PM
Sage Aficionado

HD Homerun Halts

Here is a question for anyone. I was getting halt detected on the hd homerun prime so I switched to windows 7 everything on the prime seems to be working fine. But now I'm getting halt detected on the HD Homerun instead. Has anyone had problems with there hd Homeruns and halts before? I was thinking it could be a bad power supply since this a first gen homerun.
Old 07-09-2012, 02:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechling-burgh View Post
Here is a question for anyone. I was getting halt detected on the hd homerun prime so I switched to windows 7 everything on the prime seems to be working fine. But now I'm getting halt detected on the HD Homerun instead. Has anyone had problems with there hd Homeruns and halts before? I was thinking it could be a bad power supply since this a first gen homerun.
One question you said it was working before you converted to Windows 7 ... is that like a couple of hours turn around from your old installation to new. It would be hard to believe the Power supply went bad during that time. There are some tweaks in the Silicondust forum that you can do.
Old 07-10-2012, 09:06 PM
Sage Aficionado

Well I made the changes in the Silicon Dust site suggested and no difference. I then went and checked the signal strength on the HD Homeruns and they where jumping up and down between 77% and 95% and the signal quality was dropping off also. I then looked at the Prime and the signal strength was 100% and so was signal quality. From what I read here on the forums it looks like a bad power supply. I guess I will get a new one and see what happens.
Old 07-12-2012, 08:11 AM
Sage Aficionado

It does seem to be bad power supply just bad timing with switching to windows 7. I plugged the power supply in from the HD HomeRun Prime and the signal strength went to 97% and stayed there. So any one else starts to get halts with there HD HomeRun check your power supply.
Old 07-12-2012, 11:27 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechling-burgh View Post
It does seem to be bad power supply just bad timing with switching to windows 7. I plugged the power supply in from the HD HomeRun Prime and the signal strength went to 97% and stayed there. So any one else starts to get halts with there HD HomeRun check your power supply.
Yes, the hdhr psu is known to die before the unit itself goes bad.

Silicon Dust sells the psu for the original hdhr's for $15, shipping included I believe. (5v/2a). You can contact their customer support via their website and they have been responsive for me.

Haven't had to replace a psu on my hdhr3 yet but I'm hoping they have the same deal for it too. (5v/1a)
Extenders: Nvidia Shield x2 / 3 placeshifters
Server Software: Win 10 64, SageTV 9.1.5.683, Java 8_241, Real VNC
Other: MiniClient, Commercial Detector UI, Sage Recording Extender
Old 07-12-2012, 11:39 AM
Sage Aficionado

Sent them the information this morning just waiting for the google receipt to pay for the new power supply. I have to say I have the Homerun since they came out and it's worked like a charm till now. That is why I bought the Prime and so far that also has worked like a champ on Comcast.