SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 09-29-2012, 02:19 PM
Sage Advanced User

OK I'll swap my HD200 and Hd300 and see what happens.
Old 09-29-2012, 02:43 PM
Sage Advanced User

Let me know if that works. If it does maybe I'll start looking for a used HD300.
Old 10-01-2012, 11:30 PM
Sage Advanced User

OK I did the swap which took a little time as one is wired and one is wireless. I was worried my USB wireless Ethernet adapter wouldn't work on the HD200, but it did.

So now I have the HD300 wired in the the same spot the HD200 was, with no other variables changed.

So far so good, but I wasn't having as much success replicating the failure as you were. For me it seems somewhat random, I went back and played albums that made my HD200 power down initially and they played fine the next time, even on the HD200.

So we'll just keep using it and see what happens.

If I have a failure on the HD300, I'll be sure to come back and post. Otherwise, assume it is working and the problem has something to do with HD200's.
Old 10-01-2012, 11:57 PM
Sage Advanced User

I had another failure today, on a song that had played fine before. Unlike yours though, once it fails on a song it will fail on it every time until I recode it. Even if the recoding is the same as the original coding. It makes no sense.

Anyway, do let me know if the HD300 fails. I went looking for used ones and they're not very plentiful, and for the price being asked I could buy two of the high end Rokus. None the less, if I find a reasonably priced one on Craigslist or Ebay I'll probably go for it.
Old 10-02-2012, 05:30 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remo View Post
I had another failure today, on a song that had played fine before. Unlike yours though, once it fails on a song it will fail on it every time until I recode it. Even if the recoding is the same as the original coding. It makes no sense.

Anyway, do let me know if the HD300 fails. I went looking for used ones and they're not very plentiful, and for the price being asked I could buy two of the high end Rokus. None the less, if I find a reasonably priced one on Craigslist or Ebay I'll probably go for it.
Does the song fails within the first 30 seconds? If so you could try my plugin Squeezeslave in trial mode and see whether it works or not and if it does you could think to switch to Squeezebox network for your music needs, definitively cheaper than buying another HD300 just for music don't you think, unless you have issues on video playback with Sage as well...

Eddy

Automatic Power Off | Squeezeslave | DVB-S Importer | DVB Decrypter & Card Client | Tuner Preroll

Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit. ~ Elbert Hubbard

Last edited by routerunner; 10-02-2012 at 05:33 AM.
Old 10-02-2012, 11:55 PM
Sage Advanced User

It fails immediately. As soon as I press play. I'm not familiar with Squeezebox but I'll look at it.
Old 10-03-2012, 02:30 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remo View Post
It fails immediately. As soon as I press play. I'm not familiar with Squeezebox but I'll look at it.
Squeezebox is very easy indeed. What you need to do is:
- Download the free LMS (Logitech Media Server application, available for lots of architectures) and install it.
- Configure the LMS via its Web server interface at port 9000 tell it where your music is (local, remote, UNC path accepted) and let it scan for you. The LMS will read all your music tags (ID3, vorbis) and cover art and will create an SQL database.
- Download the "Squeezeslave" (suggested the standalone edition for easy configuration)
- Run the Squeezeslave player.
- On the LMS web page you will have your new player listed.
- Select some music to play and your HD200 will play it for you.

Please be aware that only the Analogue and SP/DIF interfaces are supported.

For more information and customer experience please look at the Squeezeslave threads in this forum.

Enjoy!
Eddy

Automatic Power Off | Squeezeslave | DVB-S Importer | DVB Decrypter & Card Client | Tuner Preroll

Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit. ~ Elbert Hubbard
Old 10-20-2012, 12:56 AM
Sage Advanced User

FWIW, My HD300 never fails in the same spot in the network. Whatever is wrong, for me it is specific to HD200's.
Old 11-18-2012, 09:31 AM
Sage User

For what it's worth, I have both the HD200 and HD300 and my 200 does that same shutdown on certain music and video files while the 300 never does it on the same files. I have to reencode the files to watch or listen to them on the 200. I need three more extenders. I sure wish they were still being made.