SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 07-29-2012, 08:55 PM
Sage Icon

I have data out to 8/10 @ 7:30PM now. Just did an update. This morning was the 2nd Digital Broadcast lineup was lost message in a week.

Thanks for staying on top of this guys.

Clients: HD300 x2; HD200 x2; Placeshifter

Service: EPB Fiber (1Gb); OTA (we "cut the cord"); Netflix, Hulu, etc.
Old 07-30-2012, 07:37 AM
Sage Aficionado

Working for me now (Houston 77096, OTA and UVerse). Thanks Jeff and Andy. It really wasn't the end of the world as we know it :-)
Extenders: 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-300 on Atlona PRO3HD66m
Sage: V9.0.14.567 with OpenDCT on unRaid docker, Gemstone, BMT, Web UI, PlayOn, TiSage
Old 07-31-2012, 06:03 AM
Sage Advanced User

Also working right here...

During the issue, the data stopped around Wednesday 8/8/2012 - as of a check last night, I do have data out through Thursday 8/9/2012.

Looks good!

Echoing the sentiments above, there's NOTHING like SageTV!

-Greg
Old 08-01-2012, 05:14 PM
Sage Advanced User

I just had to replace my HDHomeRun, and when I added the new lineups, it no longer is getting the guide data (zip code 85286). I tried the old zipcode I had (85248) but it didn't get it either. Is this the same problem, or something different? I swapped them yesterday and he hasn't worked since... I've toggled channels a couple times in setup to force EPG updates, and it doesn't report anything wrong, but it also doesn't get data for 90% of the channels.
Old 08-05-2012, 05:48 PM
Sage User

Fixed? Not Really

I know previous posts said the EPG service was back up and running, but it definitely isn't for me. I have two servers, both in 75070. One is running local OTA for Dallas/FT. Worth and the other is running Grande Communications Dallas. The current EPG only goes out to Friday 8/10 at 7PM. Any suggestions as to what I can do?
Old 08-06-2012, 01:38 AM
Sage Advanced User

I had to follow the instructions in this post to get my EPG going again.
Old 08-07-2012, 05:25 PM
Sage Advanced User

No Data in my schedule

I noticed as of this morning for certain channels I have No Data listed at certain times of the day. Not the whole day or every channel. For example on my local NBC I have no Data from 6am to 10am, then I have scheduling and nothing from 8pm to 10pm.

I am using Time Warner in Albany NY as local cable. I then follows the FAQ in the POST above and added and took away a channel. I checked and see the EPG updated when I did it this morning. Its now 5 hours later. Still same gaps in my scheduling. Any ideas?

i'm running Sage 7.1.9.256

Thanks
Andy W
Old 08-07-2012, 06:28 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by phunny View Post
I noticed as of this morning for certain channels I have No Data listed at certain times of the day. Not the whole day or every channel. For example on my local NBC I have no Data from 6am to 10am, then I have scheduling and nothing from 8pm to 10pm.

I am using Time Warner in Albany NY as local cable. I then follows the FAQ in the POST above and added and took away a channel. I checked and see the EPG updated when I did it this morning. Its now 5 hours later. Still same gaps in my scheduling. Any ideas?

i'm running Sage 7.1.9.256

Thanks
Andy W
I noticed the same thing yesterday after lineup lost several days ago. Check the link in Boolah's post 1 above your post for Opus4 post and it fixed mine.
HTPC: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI, I7-6700, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro x64, Hauppauge HVR-1600, WinTV-dualHD, Colossus 2, Samsung 850 EVO 120GB, Seagate 3TB, WD 3TB, 3TB, 5TB, Java v1.8.0_231, SageTVx64 v9.2.1.826, Samsung UN60EH6003F, Dish ViP222K, ViewHD 1x2 HDMI Splitter.
Old 08-08-2012, 07:28 PM
Sage Advanced User

No Data Fixed, Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denali View Post
I noticed the same thing yesterday after lineup lost several days ago. Check the link in Boolah's post 1 above your post for Opus4 post and it fixed mine.
Thanks - I followed the FAQ some more instead of just adding and deleting a channel I changed channel line up. I then stopped the service restarted. I then put the line back. Then stop/started the sage service. I just checked and the NO Data gaps are gone for anything in the future that I can see. When I go back in time I do see the No data but don't care too much since its the past.

Thanks for your help

Andy
Old 08-09-2012, 05:55 AM
Sage User

Tried all the suggestions, still no workie

I've tried the solutions in the link and that hasn't changed anything. I went to remove the device and re-add, but it doesn't seem to find anything in my zip code. What now?
Old 08-09-2012, 12:47 PM
Sage User

Help, EPG data ends Friday @ 7PM

I have tried removing provider_ID: and expanded_until: entries in my Sage.properties file. When I try to add a different channel lineup I get the error when I put in my zip code: "There was an error connecting to the SageTV server. Please be sure your internet connection is established and you have the correct zip/postal code."

I have full internet access, I can connect using placeshifter from my neighbors house, and I turned off the windows firewall, and placed the server in the DMZ on my router.
Old 08-09-2012, 03:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Just lost one of my lineups again. Correction two different lineups on different servers.

But I see from Opus4's post below they should be fixed. Will see if I see any gaps in a few days. But since I'm using a different lineup for each OTA tuner in my servers it doesn't usually lead to missing info since the lineups are the same - just different zips. The only time I see gaps is when I loose more then one lineup on one machine.

Last edited by BobPhoenix; 08-09-2012 at 06:05 PM. Reason: add additional info
Old 08-09-2012, 05:05 PM
Administrator

Apparently, the EPG servers have all been suffering from failed hardware & so on, not just one of them. They should be fixed again now and, as usual, all the affected systems should auto-correct themselves over the next 24 hours.

This may leave holes in the EPG listings, so after a few days check your listings. If you notice that there are gaps in the EPG data, then that can be repaired by this FAQ, particularly:

Quote:
Close down SageTV and the service and open up your Sage.properties file. Try removing all the properties from the that file that have the string 'server_update_id' or 'expanded_until' in them. Now run SageTV again.
When there are multiple lineups, don't forget that there are multiple properties using the two names to be removed.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 08-14-2012, 02:29 PM
Sage User

Still Not Working

I returned last night from vacation and all of the EPG has officially expired. I tried the suggested fixes again and no luck. I tried creating a new lineup and I'm still getting cannot connect to the server.

I'd like to take this a different route and investigate my ISP. Can anyone tell me the IP or webaddress and port that SageTV tries to contact for EPG updates?
Old 08-14-2012, 05:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdeaton View Post
I returned last night from vacation and all of the EPG has officially expired. I tried the suggested fixes again and no luck. I tried creating a new lineup and I'm still getting cannot connect to the server.

I'd like to take this a different route and investigate my ISP. Can anyone tell me the IP or webaddress and port that SageTV tries to contact for EPG updates?
This FAQ post would be a good place to start I don't believe anything has changed. Lists the port. Don't know the web address but you could monitor that port to find out what SageTV is looking for address wise.