SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 09-04-2012, 12:26 AM
Sage Aficionado

dream to ability view SageTV recordings on Android

style - Placeshifter

any idea how?

Sage Server: [s]8xDVB-S2 with DVBE4Sage on YES DBS Israel 4W (3 virtual tuners) ,[/s] 3 x HD300 Extenders; 3 x HD200 Extender; 3 x SageTV Client;
Old 09-04-2012, 07:14 AM
SageTVaholic

I think it would be possible to create a "real" placeshifter for Android, and I've looked at doing it a couple times, actually, by inspecting the miniclient.jar. Unfortunately, it's not trivial. As a result, I've sort of abandoned that idea and I'm just writing a native app.

Foncour has a native android app as well, and it's much more full featured than mine, and I'm pretty sure he does have the ability to watch recordings...

As I make progress, I'll post updates on my g+ page

https://plus.google.com/u/0/10159884...ts/3gnGqFGQy7i
Old 09-04-2012, 03:58 PM
Sage Expert

You can also stream your client desktop to your tablet/phone via splashtop, or use a video streaming app like Plex. There are other threads in the forum that discuss this.
Old 09-06-2012, 03:03 PM
Sage Advanced User

I can vouch for watching things via Plex. It's the best solution I have found. I looked at using splashtop, but I can't have a PC tied up to be my tablet display. In addition, we frequently enough have multiple Plex streams running. My wife and I sometimes watch TV via tablets in bed, and Plex lets us both watch our own thing.

The downsides that I have seen to Plex are:
  • It doesn't do commercial skipping and manually skipping them is a bit of a challenge sometimes, especially on a slower connection.
  • It doent work that well on a mid to poor 3G connection (stuttering and slow starts making skipping really painful). It does work well on a good 3G connection or any 4G connection. Obviously on a local wireless connection it rocks.
  • And finally, it doesn't mark shows as watched in Sage once you have watched something on Plex.
Old 09-06-2012, 03:16 PM
Sage Icon

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47852