SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Placeshifter
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Placeshifter Discussion related to the SageTV Placeshifter application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV Placeshifter software application should be posted here.

Old 10-14-2012, 01:41 PM
Sage Fanatic

Blank Video / Audio for Some Recordings

I use Placeshifter on my laptop via wireless and on my wired desktop. On my laptop, even when I'm in my house, I connect via my external IP because if I use the local connection, I guess it doesn't transcode and the wireless connection to the laptop is too slow to handle HD programs. Recently I've noticed more and more problems with getting blank video and audio on playback. The timeline is counting and the GUI responsive. Everything works fine on my wired desktop, (which uses the local connection). However, if I set my desktop to use the external IP, it too fails.

Is this something to do with the transcoding not being able to keep up on the server? I don't see any patterns in tuners or signal (SD or HD), channel or show. However, I don't think these things started happening until I moved to CableCard, (I used to use OTA for HD). I saw another thread about problems with CableCard streams, but I can stream probably 60% or more of things fine.
Old 10-14-2012, 03:17 PM
Sage Fanatic

I was just banging on this a little more. My kids have me record things like The Voice, but we really don't have much time to watch TV, so they just pile up to be deleted after everyone knows the winner anyway. At least I have a lot of test files!

So, first three recordings had no playback, but the fourth did. I quickly re-tried the third and it worked, but have tried a few more times since with no luck, (including playing the fourth which always works so far and then switching right back to it). Most recordings are from tuner 1 and a few from Tuner 4.

Recordings 5 (tuner 4), 6, 8 (Tuner 4), 11 all work no matter how many times I stop and re-select them. Recordings 7 (Tuner 4), 9 (Tuner 4), and 10 don't seem to work.

I turned off 3D acceleration and Video Post Processing, (I've run task manager on the laptop and server and see nothing to worry about there--the server runs hotter, but if you can believe task manager, usually well under 40% CPU usage). No change except this time if playback works, the "color scheme" is changed to "Windows Basic". For blank playback, this doesn't happen. I'm not sure if that's a clue...?