SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV International User Forums > SageTV Europe (Miscellaneous)
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Europe (Miscellaneous) SageTV and SageTV Recorder Users from other part of Eurpoe - This forum is for you to post about specific issues using SageTV software in Europe.

Old 07-16-2014, 02:00 AM
Sage Icon

CBBC HD has moved

The CBBC HD channel has moved transponder, but the old channel is unfortunately still there and not functioning. In order to pick up the new channel please change the channel name in your .FRQ as follow:

CBBC HD -> CBBC HD_

and perform a manual update in DVB-S Importer plugin > Configure Plugin > Force Update > UPDATE NOW!

Basically you need to add an underscore after the channel name in order to tell the DVB-S Importer plugin to pick up the right channel.

There is the possibility that the old channel will disappear in the next few days, so please keep an eye on the system messages, because when the plugin will tell you that the "CBBC HD_" has been removed you need to remove the underscore and perform another manual update.

The reason is because the plugin discriminate channels with the same name by adding as many underscore as necessary to make it unique.

Eddy

Automatic Power Off | Squeezeslave | DVB-S Importer | DVB Decrypter & Card Client | Tuner Preroll

Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit. ~ Elbert Hubbard

Last edited by routerunner; 07-16-2014 at 03:01 AM.
Old 07-17-2014, 01:02 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by routerunner View Post
The CBBC HD channel has moved transponder, but the old channel is unfortunately still there and not functioning. In order to pick up the new channel please change the channel name in your .FRQ as follow:

CBBC HD -> CBBC HD_

and perform a manual update in DVB-S Importer plugin > Configure Plugin > Force Update > UPDATE NOW!

Basically you need to add an underscore after the channel name in order to tell the DVB-S Importer plugin to pick up the right channel.

There is the possibility that the old channel will disappear in the next few days, so please keep an eye on the system messages, because when the plugin will tell you that the "CBBC HD_" has been removed you need to remove the underscore and perform another manual update.

The reason is because the plugin discriminate channels with the same name by adding as many underscore as necessary to make it unique.

Eddy
As anticipated, the old CBBC HD channel is gone, however if everything worked OK the plugin should have detected the name change and fixed the .FRQ file for you, so you don't have to do anything

Eddy

Automatic Power Off | Squeezeslave | DVB-S Importer | DVB Decrypter & Card Client | Tuner Preroll

Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit. ~ Elbert Hubbard
Old 11-08-2018, 10:56 AM
Sage User

Hi Eddy,

I just tried to reinstall the DVB-S importer and got FAILED- Resource Download ftp://rossisoft.co.uk/plugins/dvbsim...rter_1_1_4.zip

Is this still available?
Client: 2 x HD300; 1 x Win 7 PC
Old 11-08-2018, 02:40 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sota View Post
Hi Eddy,

I just tried to reinstall the DVB-S importer and got FAILED- Resource Download ftp://rossisoft.co.uk/plugins/dvbsim...rter_1_1_4.zip

Is this still available?
This is a bit embarrassing. Basically I discovered that the plugin stopped working in march 2017 and the reason is because the KingOfSat website went HTTPS and the jsoup plugin wasn't able to parse the new SSL website because failing to validate the certificate which wasn't installed in the jre1.6 I'm using, in addition the KingOfSat changed data format and finally had to replace the company router which FTP server didn't work properly, in summary a disaster

So, to cut a long story short I've managed to get a new jsoup parser which works with HTTPS and install the valid certificate in the JRE (manual intervention will be required), modified the plugin to parse the new KingOfSat data format correctly and fixed the new FTP server, still need to complete the LyngSat parser which moved to HTTPS as well as changing data format...

The FTP server is now working, but old plugin (not useful at the moment anyway) cannot be downloaded as yet because I had to modify user credentials and STV plugin submission system doesn't allow to update existing plugin unless you change plugin version, so you have to wait a bit, sorry

Nearly forgot, the new jsoup plugin requires at least jre1.7 and I'm still running jre1.6 on the production system which works best with STV7, so I'm testing on a different server jre1.7 before committing changes.

Cheers
Eddy

Old 11-08-2018, 03:12 PM
Sage User

Thanks for the update. I knew there was a problem as quite a few of my Freesat channels had disappeared over time. I finally got around to sorting it out today, but I guess I will do a manual update for the moment.
I'm running SageTV v9 and would be happy to help you with any testing, if needed.
Old 08-03-2019, 08:12 AM
Sage User

This seems to have stopped working recently. I've reinstalled it, but it's not updating the .frq files - it just creates an empty .frq.new for the first DVB-S card. Also, the button to update the .frq files disappears once it's pressed until you restart SageTV. I'm on version 1.1.7 of the plugin.
Old 08-06-2019, 02:58 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
This seems to have stopped working recently. I've reinstalled it, but it's not updating the .frq files - it just creates an empty .frq.new for the first DVB-S card. Also, the button to update the .frq files disappears once it's pressed until you restart SageTV. I'm on version 1.1.7 of the plugin.
Strange, it works fine on my setup. Have you updated java version recently? I don't think kingofsat has changed data format, but I'm on vacation right now and will have a look when I'm back in few weeks time.

Cheers
Eddy

Old 08-06-2019, 11:46 AM
Sage User

I just updated to 1.1.7 last week, and it seems to have stopped since then. Other than that, nothing has changed. Stupidly, I didn't backup beforehand. Anyway, holidays are more important, enjoy!
Old 08-21-2019, 09:00 AM
Sage User

Just to update this, I managed to find an older version of the JAR - it's 30,167 bytes, although Sage still reports it as 1.1.7. That has fixed the problem, and my channels are updating again apart from More 4 where I'm getting the encrypted frequency instead of the Freesat one. I have set the plugin to only use unencrypted channels. Using More 4 +1 works fine though.
Old 08-22-2019, 07:26 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Just to update this, I managed to find an older version of the JAR - it's 30,167 bytes, although Sage still reports it as 1.1.7. That has fixed the problem, and my channels are updating again apart from More 4 where I'm getting the encrypted frequency instead of the Freesat one. I have set the plugin to only use unencrypted channels. Using More 4 +1 works fine though.
That file size you mentioned is relative to v1.1.5. STV only knows the version as stated in the general plugin's XML file so if you change the binary under the hood it doesn't know.

I attach here the v1.1.6 for you to try and to help me better understand the issue and seek a fix.

Regarding your encrypted frequency issue you just need to have a look at the kingofsat website, chances are you have more than one "More 4" entry and in that case the plugin will, internally, append an underscore to make the name unique during search, so to get the channel you want you just need to count how many duplicates are and point to the channel you want by adding to the channel name (in the DVB.frq file) as many underscore as required.

Cheers
Eddy
Attached Files
File Type: zip dvbsimporter_1_1_6.zip (29.3 KB, 610 views)

Old 08-22-2019, 08:37 AM
Sage User

Thanks, Eddy the underscore trick worked fine with More 4 - I had assumed that disabling encrypted channels in the plug-in would get it to skip the Sky channel settings on kingofsat.
I installed 1.1.6 and it seemed to update all my channels according to the log. Strangely, it added back BBC3, even though it no longer exists:

CH:112 onid:2 tsid:2050 sid:6943 frq:10847000 rate:23000 mod:32 pol:2 fec_rate_in:3 sat:0 ctrl:1 #:BBC One North Ireland HD
CH:113 onid:2 tsid:2048 sid:10362 frq:10818000 rate:22000 mod:20 pol:2 fec_rate_in:6 sat:0 ctrl:1 #:BBC Two Northern Ireland
CH:114 onid:2 tsid:2050 sid:6940 frq:10847000 rate:23000 mod:32 pol:2 fec_rate_in:3 sat:0 ctrl:1 #:BBC Two HD
CH:115 onid:2 tsid:2048 sid:10351 frq:10818000 rate:22000 mod:20 pol:2 fec_rate_in:6 sat:0 ctrl:1 #:BBC Three

However, it does work OK and the UPDATE NOW! button doesn't disappear.

Pat
Old 08-22-2019, 08:45 AM
Sage User

I reinstalled 1.1.7 as a test, and it's still not updating and the UPDATE NOW! button disappears after pressing it once, and it doesn't reappear until I restart the service.
Old 08-22-2019, 12:00 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Thanks, Eddy the underscore trick worked fine with More 4 - I had assumed that disabling encrypted channels in the plug-in would get it to skip the Sky channel settings on kingofsat.
I installed 1.1.6 and it seemed to update all my channels according to the log. Strangely, it added back BBC3, even though it no longer exists:

CH:112 onid:2 tsid:2050 sid:6943 frq:10847000 rate:23000 mod:32 pol:2 fec_rate_in:3 sat:0 ctrl:1 #:BBC One North Ireland HD
CH:113 onid:2 tsid:2048 sid:10362 frq:10818000 rate:22000 mod:20 pol:2 fec_rate_in:6 sat:0 ctrl:1 #:BBC Two Northern Ireland
CH:114 onid:2 tsid:2050 sid:6940 frq:10847000 rate:23000 mod:32 pol:2 fec_rate_in:3 sat:0 ctrl:1 #:BBC Two HD
CH:115 onid:2 tsid:2048 sid:10351 frq:10818000 rate:22000 mod:20 pol:2 fec_rate_in:6 sat:0 ctrl:1 #:BBC Three

However, it does work OK and the UPDATE NOW! button doesn't disappear.

Pat
The v1.1.6 removes the memory limit in the parser, before was limited to 1Mb only and that caused some channels potentially being missed, so I'm not surprised about BBC3.

The encrypted channel filtering is applied after all the channels are named and made unique.

Will try to understand why v1.1.7 misbehaves as the two versions are basically 3 days apart..., but thank you for taking the time to test for me.

Cheers
Eddy

Old 08-22-2019, 03:58 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I reinstalled 1.1.7 as a test, and it's still not updating and the UPDATE NOW! button disappears after pressing it once, and it doesn't reappear until I restart the service.
Hi, could you please try 1.1.8 in attachment and let me know? It seems working properly now on my development system. Weirdly enough 1.1.7 still runs fine on my rig

Cheers
Eddy
Attached Files
File Type: zip dvbsimporter_1_1_8.zip (28.9 KB, 641 views)

Old 08-23-2019, 09:35 AM
Sage User

Thanks Eddy, that seems to be working fine now. The .frq files are being updated correctly and the update now! button is no longer disappearing.
Well done!

Pat
Old 08-24-2019, 02:40 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Thanks Eddy, that seems to be working fine now. The .frq files are being updated correctly and the update now! button is no longer disappearing.
Well done!

Pat
No problem, I did submit the new plugin version to the repository, but it seems the mechanism is broken as I tried with other plugin's before and I no longer receive the email with the link to confirm and publish.

Cheers
Eddy