SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Gemstone for v7
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Gemstone for v7 This forum is for discussing the user-created Gemstone custom interface for SageTV.

Old 12-09-2012, 12:09 AM
Sage Advanced User

Missing views in gemstone...

So - I'm at a loss here. For some reason my Gemstone is not displaying some of the views (the one I'm specifically trying to get working is 'Video Imports By Folder'). I go to select my view and it simply isn't there. Anyone have any idea what might be causing this? I looked at the files in C:\Program Files (x86)\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\Phoenix\vfs and it looks like it is listed in the files in that directory - but not showing up sageTV for me. Not sure what info I'd need to help debug this - but just though I'd throw this out there in case anyone had a quick 'yeah - just do this!' type answer. I've tried using the Utilities menu 'Reload Views' thing - but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Also - unrelated: When I'm using the 'Folders' video option to just browse folders -- my fanart isn't working correctly. Even though all the proper fanart seems to have been downloaded - it is using a screengrab for both the background image and for the little image in the right side. I've changed all the settings I can find to use 'fanart' instead of 'thumbnail' but it seems to make no difference. I've tried clearing the memory and filesystem cache and reloading everything... still happens.

Last edited by moothekow; 12-09-2012 at 12:12 AM.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:00 AM
SageTVaholic

Views... these are loaded by the phoenix core so if they are not loading then look in the logs folder at the phoenix.log file for the reason they are not loading. Upload a zip of the log if you need help understanding the issue.

Video Folder fanart... hard to say what is happening. Provide some details about your system, screen grabs perhaps and you can always turn on Debug level logging in Sage and Gemstone (Main Menu/Options/Utility Functions/Logs)... recreate the issue and upload the logs (preferably by creating an issue on the issues site with the logs attached).

k
Old 12-09-2012, 10:06 AM
Sage Advanced User

Ok - cleared my log.. started up and then reloaded views..

Here is the phoenix log file and my vfs files.
Attached Files
File Type: zip phoenix.zip (107.0 KB, 175 views)
Old 12-09-2012, 10:14 AM
SageTVaholic

There are no errors in the phoenix log and it shows loading the views properly.

Can you provide a screen capture of what views are being offered in the Views: menu under options in a Flow. There should be a list of various gemstone specific views, then some Base views and then an "other" option.

k
Old 12-09-2012, 07:11 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
There are no errors in the phoenix log and it shows loading the views properly.

Can you provide a screen capture of what views are being offered in the Views: menu under options in a Flow. There should be a list of various gemstone specific views, then some Base views and then an "other" option.

k
Ok - I didn't think so either based on what I saw - so was hoping more there was supposed to be something logged that wasn't to indicate a problem.

I will try - but I'm having trouble getting Gemstone to load on my PC and I mostly just use my extender. When I try to load them Gemstone UI from my PC installation of SageTV the program just hangs after the prompt to load the Gemstone.xml or whatever.

I've tried completely uninstalling gemstone and reinstalling, I've tried the 'clear gemstone settings' utility. Neither seems to make any difference in anything. Though - I did just notice an error message waiting in the program just a moment ago after launching sageTV on my PC. I've attached the screenshot.

There is nothing listed under the 'base views'.. which is odd to me as well. It lists:
Recently watched, scheduled recordings, tv shows, tv shows by recent, tb shoes (seasons), tv shows(seasons) by recent, videos by Genre.

Then it has a header for 'Base View (to build from)' .. two lines.. then 'Other Views'
Attached Images
File Type: png 12-9-2012 8-09-25 PM.png (260.1 KB, 242 views)