SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 02-08-2013, 07:25 PM
Sage Icon

Cloning extender configs

I recently had an HD100 die and had to replace it with an HD200 and also just built a second server (for backups when/if the main one goes down) from my old SageTV V6 machine updated to V7 with a license I purchased.

Anyway, what I'd like to do is have a quick way to clone an HD extenders setup between multiple machines saving a whole lot of hassles in getting all my UI preferences set properly.

It had been so long since I'd made any adjustments to major parts of the UI on my HD100 that when I put the replacement HD200 on the system it took me hours and days of fiddling to get everything set up right. There were some things that I had completely forgotten where those options were set. Things like I like many of the Malore tools, but don't care for the Malore listings and getting the tools available and using the standard lists for recordings, etc took me a long time to figure out which options to turn on/off and where everything was.
Now with the new server I'm having those issues again.

What I would like to do is clone the extenders configs from my working Server over to the new one to save me tons of time and frustration.

Any hints/clues?
Old 02-09-2013, 04:01 AM
Sage Aficionado

You can copy the extender file in
C:\Program Files (x86)\SageTV\SageTV\clients

The exetender is identified by the MAC address just copy the file and rename to the new extenders mac address.
Old 02-09-2013, 09:33 PM
Sage Icon

Thanks, I'll give that a shot.
Old 02-25-2013, 03:05 PM
Sage Icon

I tried the method given here and it did work. However I think there was an issue with some of the plugins.

When I tried using the Webserver to view anything it would show the page requested, but no channel logos and more importantly no menu header along the top of the page. There was just a message there saying there was an error, but where the error description should have been it was just blank.

At the time I just figured I'd "look at it tomorrow" after futzing with it for a while. Going back into the settings on the extender to make sure everything was configured properly didn't seem to do anything. Looking around the plugin directories didn't seem to show me anything meaningful either.

My Webserver on my main HTPC was still working fine, but no go on the new/old machine.

A day or two later I figured I'd look into it. Luckily I fired up the browser and called up the webserver so I could make sure I knew just exactly what was missing in addition to the menu header. I did this from my laptop and to my surprise everything was there and working properly. HUH??? So I went to my desktop machine and everything was fine there also.
So I have no idea what "fixed" it, but it seems to work fine now.

Everything else about the cloning of the extenders to the new machine worked fine, so now they are working as I want them to without having to dig around the settings for the Main SageTV settings for sort preferences, and a hundred other tweaks and settings.