SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 03-24-2013, 07:39 PM
Sage Expert

Forcing Auto Connect Choice With Two Servers?

If you have two servers listed that an HD300 can connect to, is there any way to force which one it connects to when the auto connect option is checked? I have one "discovered" server that shows up and one with a manual IP address that I added. When the auto sever connect option is enabled, the HD300 automatically connects to the "discovered" server, not the manually inputed IP server address.

The backstory here is that when playing back blu-ray rips in native resolution, I am getting small, seemingly random "glitches" like a frame is being dropped or the film content isn't being pulled down correctly. It is mostly noticeable on scenes that pan and I use the frame interpolation "smoothing" feature on my TV, so a dropped frame or something of that nature is particularly noticeable.

I'm still testing, but it seems like the issue has something to do with the HD300 talking to a gigabit ethernet adapter (I have one with an intel chip). I connected my server's other 10/100 adapter to the network and set up a manual server address in the HD300 for the second adapter and the small skipping in movies seems to have stopped, but I need to test a bit more to be sure. Assuming it does work, I don't want to manually select the server every time I turn the HD300 on.
Old 03-25-2013, 07:39 PM
Sage Icon

Odd I guess.

I have two servers (both in my HD200's list of "found" servers) and mine always auto-connects to the last one it connected to.

So if I last used server A then the next time it is turned on it will connect to server A and if I last used server B then it will connect to server B the next time it is turned on.

Both servers are set to auto-dhcp. Why the manual config?