SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 12-10-2013, 09:53 AM
Sage Fanatic

Playing Blurays discs in Sage

I have my Bluray movies backed up on to other blurays discs with the protection removed using dvdfab.

Now I want to play them in sage. I know I can use Anydvd to do this, but I rather not pay for anydvd since I don't need to remove the copy protection since I already did with dvdfab.

What other method can I play discs without using Anydvd?

thanks

3/HD-100's, 1/HD-200

Last edited by rdefino; 12-10-2013 at 11:15 AM.
Old 12-10-2013, 11:43 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdefino View Post
I have my Bluray movies backed up on to other blurays discs with the protection removed using dvdfab.

Now I want to play them in sage. I know I can use Anydvd to do this, but I rather not pay for anydvd since I don't need to remove the copy protection since I already did with dvdfab.

What other method can I play discs without using Anydvd?

thanks
Since you have removed the AACS copy protection you don't need AnyDVD anymore, what you need is access a BR drive from your SageTV server like I did (see the picture).

Procedure:
- Insert a BR into you SageTV server BR drive.
- Make the BR drive letter shareable.
- Rename the drive to "0ptical Drive" (note the first letter is zero to always keep you BR icon at the top of the list).
- Add the BR drive as import directory in SageTV as normal.
- Perform a "Scan Imported Media" so that the BR disk will have an ID in the biz file.
- Done.

Now every time you want to watch a not encrypted BR, just insert the disk and select the first icon on the list and press play.

Eddy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BluRay.jpg (191.4 KB, 241 views)

Automatic Power Off | Squeezeslave | DVB-S Importer | DVB Decrypter & Card Client | Tuner Preroll

Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit. ~ Elbert Hubbard

Last edited by routerunner; 12-10-2013 at 11:55 AM.
Old 12-10-2013, 11:55 AM
Sage Fanatic

thanks...it worked.

2 questions though.

1. how do I rename the cdrom?

2. what are you using to get the thumbnails of the movie covers?

thanks

3/HD-100's, 1/HD-200
Old 12-10-2013, 12:52 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdefino View Post
1. how do I rename the cdrom?
When you create the share you give the name "0ptical Drive" if you want
Quote:
2. what are you using to get the thumbnails of the movie covers?
BMT for the background and metadata, different sites for the covers

Eddy

Automatic Power Off | Squeezeslave | DVB-S Importer | DVB Decrypter & Card Client | Tuner Preroll

Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit. ~ Elbert Hubbard
Old 12-24-2013, 06:39 PM
Sage Advanced User

Would this method work if you haven't removed the copy protection and own AnyDVDHD?
Old 01-04-2014, 03:26 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltlyck2 View Post
Would this method work if you haven't removed the copy protection and own AnyDVDHD?
Yes it will, but:

- Your OS must be able to support at least UDF 2.5 file system, which every BR uses, in order to open the BR disk and browse the disk directory freely (AnyDVDHD has UDF 2.5 support, but it is internal and only used when you save to ISO or when copy the BR into you HDD). If you have Windows XP or WHS, for instance, the UDF 2.5 support is provided by third party drivers (I have it if you want it), but starting from Win7 the support is out of the box, therefore you should be able to browse any BR from the file manager, but you need AnyDVDHD (or similar) installed in order to decrypt the content on the fly directly from your BR drive.

- Unless you leave your SageTV server permanently logged on (and I don't), you need to run AnyDVD via scheduled tasks otherwise by the time you log off the AnyDVD software get closed by Windows.

Hope it helps
Eddy

Last edited by routerunner; 01-04-2014 at 05:03 PM.