SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 11-18-2014, 02:05 PM
Sage Aficionado

Also tried the update here...

No issues with the install except no restart was requested after installing the pluggin, so I just restarted the service. (uninstalling did request a SageTV Restart)

Also get a Java exception when doing a recording. Tried the same program via "get_iplayer --get nnn" and got it downloaded. Except from the catchup log for the recording attached.

Did noticed the command in the log it seems to be spawning for get_iplayer has no quotes round the cd part of the command even though it has a space. But that might just be how it gets logged.

Edit: Second log file is from a retry. the recording for click is shown in the log this time, just not picked up.
Attached Files
File Type: txt getclick.txt (12.7 KB, 165 views)
File Type: txt getclick2.txt (12.7 KB, 162 views)

Last edited by pjwerdna; 11-18-2014 at 02:09 PM.
Old 11-18-2014, 02:35 PM
Sage User

Quick question - new install all good. Quite a few of the lists don't display all results. Where there is a longer alphabetised list you may only see results up until C or D for example? Noticed this on the last version too..
Old 11-18-2014, 02:49 PM
Sage Aficionado

Success, well in part.

Installed plugin on a fresh SageTV install and it worked perfect.

Only took 7 mins to download catalogue.

Just now need to workout why it don't work on main SageTV Server.

Did uninstall, stop services and delete folder then restart.

Does look like it didn't fully uninstall as the file paths where still set to the changes I made before starting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeldjcox View Post
Where is the "Recored Icon"?
What I meant was Record Folder just showed folder empty. Now I have it working I makes sense now.

Dean
Old 11-18-2014, 03:29 PM
Sage Aficionado

Been playing around again on my main server.

I now get the following

"Server not running"

I have attached the logs
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetvcatchup.log.txt (30.4 KB, 149 views)
Old 11-18-2014, 04:04 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by garystein View Post
Quick question - new install all good. Quite a few of the lists don't display all results. Where there is a longer alphabetised list you may only see results up until C or D for example? Noticed this on the last version too..
Can you give a specific example?

In terms of the size of the catalog can you see the sort of numbers I get e.g.

2 sources, 983 programmes, 3914 episodes
Old 11-18-2014, 04:07 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanm View Post
Been playing around again on my main server.

I now get the following

"Server not running"

I have attached the logs
Hi Dean,

What version of java is your server using - looks like it might be an old one.

Regards,

Michael
Old 11-18-2014, 04:22 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjwerdna View Post
Also get a Java exception when doing a recording. Tried the same program via "get_iplayer --get nnn" and got it downloaded. Except from the catchup log for the recording attached.
:
Did noticed the command in the log it seems to be spawning for get_iplayer has no quotes round the cd part of the command even though it has a space. But that might just be how it gets logged.
Mine is also

18-Nov-2014 22:11:19.659 [catchup-recorder-2] INFO u.c.m.sagetv.catchup.CatchupServer - Spawn cmd.exe /c "cd C:\Program Files (x86)\get_iplayer\ && get_iplayer.cmd http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...ralia_Special/ --attempts 0 --force -o ..\SageTV\SageTV\sagetvcatchup\recordings\"

and I notice it does not download.

Have you tied other content e.g. - a 60 second Dennis is a nice short test programme.

I'm going to have a go at increasing the timeout. Will let you know.

Michael
Old 11-18-2014, 04:36 PM
Sage Fanatic

in the script

sagetvcatchup/plugins/IPlayer/playEpisode.groovy

theres a couple of timeouts

One of 30000 millis to wait for the file name to appear in the log and then one of 10000 millis to wait for the file to grow to 1024000 bytes

I went extreme and increased both to 60000 millis and this seemed to do the trick.

I will probably make these configurable but in the meantime you can just edit the script and poke in bigger values that work for you.

Michael
Old 11-18-2014, 04:46 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:

What version of java is your server using - looks like it might be an old one.
Wow for some reason for the last year I always thought I was running v7.xx but I have been on v6.10

Just updated and still not working.

What I did before the update of Java was to manually add the recording folder in the Sagetvcatchup folder. This got the services to start working.

But when I go to watch a show I get the following error now.

"There was an error downloading

C:\Users\admin\appdata\local\temp\onlinevideosxxxxxx.flv:

Error: Error:Java.io.IOException: Premature EOF"

This happened before and after upgrading Java

Dean
Old 11-18-2014, 04:54 PM
Sage Fanatic

Hi Dean,

Wierd how you had to create a directory that is delivered in the zip file.

This is SageTV getting confused about what files are part of the plugin I suspect.

sagetv catchup will be doing recording to a file in sagetvcatchup/recordings and streaming to sagetv. SageTV will be storing streamed video in that temp file. Sounds like the streaming dried up.

Can you paste some zipped logs please.

Michael
Old 11-18-2014, 05:02 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by garystein View Post
Its a bug - no escaping of ampersand in titles.

Will endeavour to get a quick bug fix release out to fix this and other issues.

Michael
Old 11-18-2014, 05:06 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Have you tied other content e.g. - a 60 second Dennis is a nice short test programme.
That program, dated 15/05/2014 downloaded. Looks like its because it got the 'INFO: File name prefix = ' output its searching for in about 16 seconds. All my other downloads seem to timeout after 30 seconds.

Last edited by pjwerdna; 11-18-2014 at 05:11 PM. Reason: Correct dates
Old 11-18-2014, 05:11 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Hi Dean,

Wierd how you had to create a directory that is delivered in the zip file.

This is SageTV getting confused about what files are part of the plugin I suspect.

sagetv catchup will be doing recording to a file in sagetvcatchup/recordings and streaming to sagetv. SageTV will be storing streamed video in that temp file. Sounds like the streaming dried up.

Can you paste some zipped logs please.

Michael
Sorry thought I had.

Dean
Attached Files
File Type: zip sagetvcatchup.log.zip (247.5 KB, 144 views)
Old 11-18-2014, 05:25 PM
Sage Fanatic

Ok.

The issue here is that the script

sagetvcatchup/Iplayer/playEpisode.groovy

is attempting to make relative the file path between where get_iplayer is and the recording directory.

But in your case they are not on the same drive so we get:

Code:
c.m.sagetv.catchup.CatchupServer - Unable to record: The100kHouseTricksoftheTradeEpisode6
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: 'other' has different root
	at sun.nio.fs.WindowsPath.relativize(Unknown Source) ~[na:1.7.0_72]
	at sun.nio.fs.WindowsPath.relativize(Unknown Source) ~[na:1.7.0_72]
	at uk.co.mdjcox.sagetv.catchup.plugins.GroovyScript.GET_RELATIVE_PATH(GroovyScript.java:305) ~[sagetvcatchup.jar:na]
	at uk.co.mdjcox.sagetv.catchup.plugins.GroovyScript$GET_RELATIVE_PATH$1.callCurrent(Unknown Source) ~[na:na]
	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.CallSiteArray.defaultCallCurrent(CallSiteArray.java:49) ~[groovy-2.3.7.jar:2.3.7]
	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.callCurrent(AbstractCallSite.java:133) ~[groovy-2.3.7.jar:2.3.7]
	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.callCurrent(AbstractCallSite.java:145) ~[groovy-2.3.7.jar:2.3.7]
	at Iplayer.playEpisode.run(playEpisode.groovy:9) ~[na:na]
	at uk.co.mdjcox.sagetv.catchup.plugins.Script.call(Script.java:69) ~[sagetvcatchup.jar:na]
	at uk.co.mdjcox.sagetv.catchup.plugins.PlayScript.play(PlayScript.java:32) ~[sagetvcatchup.jar:na]
	at uk.co.mdjcox.sagetv.catchup.plugins.Plugin.playEpisode(Plugin.java:68) [sagetvcatchup.jar:na]
This a bug essentially.

I made it relative because windows can be such a pain in the a*** with command lines and file paths with spaces etc.

A temporary workaround would be to change the recording dir to be on the same drive.

In the mean time I will try to fix in a patch release.

Michael
Old 11-18-2014, 05:30 PM
Sage Advanced User

I just restarted with a new sagetvcatchup.log and recataloged and will try to record and then attach the log file. I thought that if you have time you might take a peek and see if the problems I am having have to do with being on a VPN or if, perhaps, there is some other tweak I could try. I have tried to figure out the logs but just don't have enough knowledge. If it's VPN related then I'll stop trying.

I'm on Java 1.7.0_71 which I believe is the latest version. I also changed the timeout values you suggested in the groovy file.

Thank you for all this troubleshooting and I do hope I can get it working as it looks great - cataloging very quick now - under 9 minutes and the UI is much easier to go through.

I zipped the log as it is huge even though it is a fresh one - I was going to cut parts out but thought the whole thing might be more useful.

julie
Attached Files
File Type: zip sagetvcatchup.zip (219.4 KB, 141 views)
Old 11-18-2014, 05:37 PM
Sage Fanatic

So the important bit is:

Code:
18-Nov-2014 18:13:11.460 [get_iplayer.err-0] INFO  u.c.m.sagetv.catchup.CatchupServer - Connecting ...
18-Nov-2014 18:13:11.475 [catchup-recorder-0] INFO  u.c.m.sagetv.catchup.CatchupServer - Waiting for C:\Program Files (x86)\SageTV\SageTV\sagetvcatchup\recordings\Doctor_Who_Series_8_-_Death_in_Heaven_b04ph4cn_default.partial.mp4.flv to attain size of 1024000
18-Nov-2014 18:13:12.827 [get_iplayer.err-0] INFO  u.c.m.sagetv.catchup.CatchupServer - ERROR: RTMP_Connect0, failed to connect socket. 10061 (Unknown error)
18-Nov-2014 18:13:12.831 [get_iplayer.out-1] INFO  u.c.m.sagetv.catchup.CatchupServer - INFO: Command exit code 3 (raw code = 768)
18-Nov-2014 18:13:12.833 [get_iplayer.out-1] INFO  u.c.m.sagetv.catchup.CatchupServer - WARNING: Failed to stream file C:\Program Files (x86)\SageTV\SageTV\sagetvcatchup\recordings\Doctor_Who_Series_8_-_Death_in_Heaven_b04ph4cn_default.partial.mp4.flv via RTMP
It looks like it could well be to do with your VPN.

Sounds similar to this

The jist is - is the IP address you get on the VPN a UK one.

If you are not UK there is no iplayer access.
Old 11-18-2014, 05:51 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thank you for looking at it!!

If I do i_player in the dos command window it all runs fine so I guess I show up as UK there. The part of the log I found curious is this (where is says stalled) and I can't figure out the error:

18-Nov-2014 18:17:48.992 [catchup-recorder-0] INFO u.c.m.sagetv.catchup.CatchupServer - Wait for recording HomesUndertheHammerSeries18Episode53 to stop or complete
18-Nov-2014 18:17:49.993 [catchup-recorder-0] WARN u.c.m.sagetv.catchup.CatchupServer - Recording HomesUndertheHammerSeries18Episode53 failed due to exception
java.lang.Exception: Recording of HomesUndertheHammerSeries18Episode53 stalled
at uk.co.mdjcox.sagetv.catchup.Recorder$1.run(Recorder.java:146) ~[sagetvcatchup.jar:na]
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source) [na:1.7.0_71]
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source) [na:1.7.0_71]
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(Unknown Source) [na:1.7.0_71]
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(Unknown Source) [na:1.7.0_71]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source) [na:1.7.0_71]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source) [na:1.7.0_71]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) [na:1.7.0_71]
Old 11-18-2014, 05:57 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:

A temporary workaround would be to change the recording dir to be on the same drive.
Can you expand on this.

Which recording dir.

I have changed Get_iPlayer to now be c:\temp.

Rebooted Server but still get same error

Why do I keep seeing references to C:\User\Admin\ etc on the on screen error but there is no reference to this in any of the config files.

This is for from ideal as my C drive is a small SSD drive which I don't what to use do download temp files to

Dean
Old 11-18-2014, 06:34 PM
Sage Advanced User

as a ps to my previous email - here's the output of the dos get_iplayer showing the same failed to connect to socket error but then trying another mode and working:

Matches:
1554: Russell Howard's Good News: Series 9 - Episode 3, BBC Two, Comedy,Satire,Standup, default

INFO: 1 Matching Programmes
INFO: Checking existence of default version
INFO: flashhd1,flashhd2 modes will be tried for version default
INFO: Trying flashhd1 mode to record tv: Russell Howard's Good News: Series 9 -Episode 3
INFO: File name prefix = Russell_Howards_Good_News_Series_9_-_Episode_3_b04nzm4c_default
RTMPDump v2.4
(c) 2010 Andrej Stepanchuk, Howard Chu, The Flvstreamer Team; license: GPL
Connecting ...
ERROR: RTMP_Connect0, failed to connect socket. 10061 (Unknown error)
INFO: Command exit code 3 (raw code = 768)
WARNING: Failed to stream file C:\Users\jt\Desktop\iPlayer Recordings\Russell_Howards_Good_News_Series_9_-_Episode_3_b04nzm4c_default.partial.mp4.flv via RTMP
INFO: skipping flashhd1 mode
INFO: Trying flashhd2 mode to record tv: Russell Howard's Good News: Series 9 -Episode 3
INFO: File name prefix = Russell_Howards_Good_News_Series_9_-_Episode_3_b04nzm4c_default
RTMPDump v2.4
(c) 2010 Andrej Stepanchuk, Howard Chu, The Flvstreamer Team; license: GPL
Connecting ...
INFO: Connected...
Starting download at: 0.000 kB
INFO: Metadata:
INFO: duration 1745.04
INFO: moovPosition 36.00
INFO: width 1280.00
INFO: height 720.00
INFO: videocodecid avc1
INFO: audiocodecid mp4a
INFO: avcprofile 100.00
INFO: avclevel 41.00
INFO: aacaot 2.00
INFO: videoframerate 25.00
INFO: audiosamplerate 48000.00
INFO: audiochannels 2.00
INFO: trackinfo:
INFO: length 43626000.00
INFO: timescale 25000.00
INFO: language und
INFO: sampledescription:
INFO: sampletype avc1
INFO: length 83761152.00
INFO: timescale 48000.00
INFO: language und
INFO: sampledescription:
INFO: sampletype mp4a
134271.345 kB / 462.92 sec (26.5%)
Old 11-18-2014, 11:35 PM
Sage Advanced User

Resolved my problem!! if I set the default recording mode to flashhd it works. I noticed that in the get_iplayer DOS based interface and Web PVR, if I didn’t specify a recording mode it failed and if I specified a different mode it failed – the download only worked with the mode flashhd.

?????????????

I don’t know why neither interface works when they try all the modes but I’m just glad it’s resolved.

If I can figure out how to set your plugin to use that mode I think all would be well - I notice this line in the log:

flashvhigh1,flashvhigh2,flashhigh1,flashhigh2,flashstd1,flashstd2,flashlow1,flashlow2 modes will be tried for version default

Is there any way I can change these parameters to flashhd only? If not, no problem - I'm just glad it's somewhat resolved.

thanks
julie