SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 07-27-2010, 11:49 AM
Sage Fanatic

Arrow Plugin: Web Radio and TV Encoder for SageTV V7

Web Feed Encoder 0.9.7

I have made a pre-release available via the plugin manager.

The plugin is marked as beta so proceed with caution!

The web feed encoder has been turned into a V7 plugin thus:
  • A SageTV plugin class has been written that handles install/uninstall and stop and start
  • The webfeedencoder directory is now hosted under SageTV directory
  • The encoder is no longer launched as a windows service but is started up when the server starts
  • The config tool and encoder start in their own Java Virtual Machine so there are no classpath issues
  • The plugin configuration screen allows a few essential config items to be set but also contains a button that launches the config tool (this will only work from a desktop SageTV client)
  • A seperate plugin provides just the config tool to provide for configuring headless servers.

Its probably best to discuss issues related to the V7 plugin start/stop/install/uninstall here and but more general issues here http://forums.sage.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=40637.

Enjoy.

Michael
Old 07-27-2010, 01:08 PM
Sage Fanatic

Thanks! This looks very nice!

Does it require a reload after install? I noticed there wasn't an option for this and when I went to install the remote part of this, Sage shutdown. Not sure what happened but I restarted then installed the remote part and it then installed OK. Not sure if you need the option to restart Sage after the install or if I just had a glitch

I added a couple channels and they show up in the Guide but I'm getting "No Signal" on both. BUT, I haven't read any instructions yet or really had a chance to look at the Configuration part of this so it is probably just something I am doing wrong. I'll do some more reading about just how this works and if I have any trouble I'll post back. Thanks! This looks like it'll be pretty darn nice!
Old 07-27-2010, 02:45 PM
Sage Icon

Michael,
Not at home to try it right now, but are there any known issues (or do you have instructions) about uninstalling the previous version, if it was manually installed in Sagev7? With all the changes for v7, is a complete uninstall recommended, and are there some folders/files that would need to be manually deleted?
Thanks!
Tuners: 4 tuners via (2) HDHomeruns (100% OTA, DIY antennas in the attic).
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.
Old 07-27-2010, 05:16 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent94Z View Post

I added a couple channels and they show up in the Guide but I'm getting "No Signal" on both.

Hmm. Same here...
Server: Win 10 Pro 64 Bit, Intel i5, 8 GB, Samsung EVO 850 500 GB for OS, WD Black 4 TB + WD Black 1 TB for Recordings, 36TB Synology 1019+ for DVD/Bluray Rips, Music, Home Movies, etc., SageTV Server 64 Bit Ver 9.2.6.976, HDPVR x 2, Bell TV 6131 Receiver x 2, USB-UIRT with 56 KHz Receiver

Clients: PC Client x 2, HD-300 x 2 (1 Using Netgear MoCA Coax Bridges), SageTV Miniclient on NVidia Shield x 3
Old 07-27-2010, 05:19 PM
Sage Aficionado

Michael,

Don't see an option in the plugin config to start your WFE channels higher than 900. Does this have to be changed manually? My Bell (Expressvu) receiver has channels already in the 900 range.

Tnx!
-S
Server: Win 10 Pro 64 Bit, Intel i5, 8 GB, Samsung EVO 850 500 GB for OS, WD Black 4 TB + WD Black 1 TB for Recordings, 36TB Synology 1019+ for DVD/Bluray Rips, Music, Home Movies, etc., SageTV Server 64 Bit Ver 9.2.6.976, HDPVR x 2, Bell TV 6131 Receiver x 2, USB-UIRT with 56 KHz Receiver

Clients: PC Client x 2, HD-300 x 2 (1 Using Netgear MoCA Coax Bridges), SageTV Miniclient on NVidia Shield x 3
Old 07-28-2010, 07:18 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:

Does it require a reload after install? I noticed there wasn't an option for this and when I went to install the remote part of this, Sage shutdown. Not sure what happened but I restarted then installed the remote part and it then installed OK. Not sure if you need the option to restart Sage after the install or if I just had a glitch

I added a couple channels and they show up in the Guide but I'm getting "No Signal" on both. BUT, I haven't read any instructions yet or really had a chance to look at the Configuration part of this so it is probably just something I am doing wrong. I'll do some more reading about just how this works and if I have any trouble I'll post back. Thanks! This looks like it'll be pretty darn nice!
Hi,

So you should install the server plugin. The remote config is only needed if your server is headless.

The server install should have restarted the server.

If you can see your two tuners in config - setup video source and they have a lineup of WebFeedEncoder than all should be well.

On the no signals - there is lots that can go wrong here.

Can you send me SageTV/webfeedencoder/logs/encoder.log pls for starters. The SageTV/webfeedencoder/channels/<callsign>.props file will help me to.

Michael
Old 07-28-2010, 07:24 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjpjpjpj View Post
Michael,
Not at home to try it right now, but are there any known issues (or do you have instructions) about uninstalling the previous version, if it was manually installed in Sagev7? With all the changes for v7, is a complete uninstall recommended, and are there some folders/files that would need to be manually deleted?
Thanks!
If you already have V7 and webfeedencoder 0.9.6 then you could do one of the following:

1. just upgrade to 0.9.7 using the previous pattern of running the installer and ignore the plugin manager.

OR

2a. Take a backup of the 0.9.6 webfeedencoder directory
2b. Run the 0.9.6 or 0.9.7 installer and choose uninstall
2c. Use the V7 plugin manager to install webfeedencoder 0.9.7
2d. In the config screen down the bottom is a button where you can select the backup dir of 0.9.6 that you created. Your previous config will be imported. The SageTV server will restart. When it comes back your channels should return.

You may posisbly need to use the config tool to repost the lineup and EPG after this.

Michael
Old 07-28-2010, 07:27 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveW View Post
Michael,

Don't see an option in the plugin config to start your WFE channels higher than 900. Does this have to be changed manually? My Bell (Expressvu) receiver has channels already in the 900 range.

Tnx!
-S
D'oh. I should have added that to the config screen.

I'll do that and post another version.

If you already have an 0.9.6 installation see the post above about upgrade. This would also import your previous setting of where the range of channels should start as well as all existing channels.

Michael
Old 07-28-2010, 08:58 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeldjcox View Post
Hi,

So you should install the server plugin. The remote config is only needed if your server is headless.

If you can see your two tuners in config - setup video source and they have a lineup of WebFeedEncoder than all should be well.

Can you send me SageTV/webfeedencoder/logs/encoder.log pls for starters. The SageTV/webfeedencoder/channels/<callsign>.props file will help me to.

Michael
I uninstalled the remote config.

Also, does this plugin install VLC? I got to looking and I didn't see it installed on my computer so I downloaded and installed VLC. Still got the "No Signal" so I uninstalled the plugin and reinstalled. Same results. One thing to note is that the first time I go into the Config Tool I get a Java error and the Config Tool closes. I then reopen it and it appears to be working at that point... tells me the encoder is running and Sage is running. I add a couple channels and test them but not really sure what I'm supposed to be seeing here. I do get the EPG grab but testing reception for, say, NASATV gives me the following:

Code:
Jul 28, 2010 10:48:56 AM: WebFeedEncoder-0 Request recording NASATV C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\webfeedencoder\tmp\NASATV_test.mpg 
Jul 28, 2010 10:48:56 AM: WebFeedEncoder-0 ********** Starting recording NASATV C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\webfeedencoder\tmp\NASATV_test.mpg
Jul 28, 2010 10:48:56 AM: WebFeedEncoder-0 Command: Vlc "VLC" "%url%" --sout="#transcode{vcodec=mp2v,vb=%video.bitrate%,fps=%video.fps%,scale=%video.scale%,width=%video.width%,height=%video.height%,acodec=mpga,ab=%audio.bitrate%,channels=%audio.channels%}:duplicate{dst=std{access=file,mux=%video.mux%,dst='%recording%'}}" --sout-transcode-audio-sync -I rc --rc-host=localhost:%streamAsVideoCommandPort% --rc-quiet %vlclogging%
Jul 28, 2010 10:48:56 AM: WebFeedEncoder-0 UNC fix keeping recording file as C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\webfeedencoder\tmp\NASATV_test.mpg
Jul 28, 2010 10:48:56 AM: WebFeedEncoder-0 Failed to process command Vlc "VLC" "%url%" --sout="#transcode{vcodec=mp2v,vb=%video.bitrate%,fps=%video.fps%,scale=%video.scale%,width=%video.width%,height=%video.height%,acodec=mpga,ab=%audio.bitrate%,channels=%audio.channels%}:duplicate{dst=std{access=file,mux=%video.mux%,dst='%recording%'}}" --sout-transcode-audio-sync -I rc --rc-host=localhost:%streamAsVideoCommandPort% --rc-quiet %vlclogging%
java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: ""
	at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Unknown Source)
	at uk.co.mdjcox.configdb.ConfigDb.getStreamAsVideoPort(ConfigDb.java:629)
	at uk.co.mdjcox.webfeedencoder.RecordingThread.replaceTokens(RecordingThread.java:356)
	at uk.co.mdjcox.webfeedencoder.RecordingThread.processCommand(RecordingThread.java:519)
	at uk.co.mdjcox.webfeedencoder.RecordingThread.startRecording(RecordingThread.java:174)
	at uk.co.mdjcox.webfeedencoder.RecordingThread.run(RecordingThread.java:77)
Jul 28, 2010 10:48:56 AM: WebFeedEncoder-0 Recording started
I do see some "unknowns source" stuff in there which doesn't look good but who am I to say? LOL!

I uploaded the props files. Just delete the .txt off the end. I tried attaching the log file but it says it is too big? Anyway, here is the contents of that file...

Code:
# ======================================================================
# Channel properties: NASATV
audio.bitrate=128
audio.channels=2
callsign=NASATV
desc=NASA TV
id=nasa-tv
lang=
name=NASA TV
subtitle.color=16777215
subtitle.position=8
subtitle.size=30
subtitle.text=\ 
type=allinternettv
url=http\://www.youtube.com/NASATelevision
url2=
url2type=
video.ar=16\:9
video.bitrate=800
video.fps=30
video.height=576
video.mux=ts
video.scale=1
video.width=720
grabber.timezone=Local
# End of channel properties: NASATV
Thanks for looking at this!
Attached Files
File Type: txt Copy of NASATV.props.txt (765 Bytes, 449 views)
Old 07-28-2010, 09:07 AM
Sage Fanatic

scanner95 is having similar issues on the other thread.

Will investigate and get back to you.

Incidently - I've have just noticed there is a new version of VLC 1.1. In the usual style of VLC nothing that worked before works now in the same way.

I would download and install 1.0.5 (it will remove the other version for you)

Michael
Old 07-28-2010, 09:21 AM
Sage Fanatic

See:

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...849#post438849

Michael
Old 07-28-2010, 09:47 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Well, that "kinda" worked Since I wasn't sure exactly what to put for just 2 tuners, I changed to 3 tuners then did just a simple copy and paste of what you had. Now, I can get a few audio/radio channels but I've tried a couple of the stations that give video and getting the same results of "No Signal". One thing to note is that when this happens I get the circle in the center of the screen for quite a long period of time and then it actually goes BACK to the guide with "No Signal" in the preview window. Then, after a minute or so, it goes full screen but still indicates "No Signal".

I gotta step away from the computer but if you have any other ideas for me to try, I'll give it a shot when I get back. Thanks for this great plugin!
Old 07-28-2010, 10:04 AM
Sage Fanatic

Hmm... well that was interesting. I put Sage in a window, tuned to WesternTV and just let it set there for a few minutes while I did something else and it started to play with the audio and video fine. It took a LONG time with the circle spinning away in the center but I am getting video as well as audio now. Just tried the same thing with NASATV and I'm getting a picture (no audio) and the picture froze a few seconds in but this is a start
Old 07-28-2010, 11:48 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Hmm... well that was interesting. I put Sage in a window, tuned to WesternTV and just let it set there for a few minutes while I did something else and it started to play with the audio and video fine. It took a LONG time with the circle spinning away in the center but I am getting video as well as audio now. Just tried the same thing with NASATV and I'm getting a picture (no audio) and the picture froze a few seconds in but this is a start
NASA TV is pretty reliable usually - so any problems playing can be other factors like your network, your PC, version of VLC etc..

Something to try which takes SageTV out of the equation...

Use the config tool to test a channel if it plays fine then its SageTV being a PITA.

If there are still problems then if you want to take webfeedencoder and SageTV out of the equation you can just run up VLC. Choose file->open->network and paste in the tuning URL. If there are still problems then its the remote server, the network, or some resource constraint on you box.

I've just noticed the channel has a different tuning URL on my home box:

http://www.nasa.gov/55644main_NASATV_Windows.asx

You could try that for size.

What version of VLC are you now using by the way?

Michael
Old 07-28-2010, 05:59 PM
Sage Fanatic

Hey Michael! Still not at my computer so can't try what you suggested just yet but...

I "downgraded" to VLC version 1.0.5 before I added the configuration stuff you mentioned in the other thread. I'll try version 1.1 again and see if it works.

Also, I noticed when I uninstalled and then re-installed this plugin that about 5 or 10 seconds after the install was complete and I hit the done/OK button indicating that installation was complete, Sage restarted. Just an FYI that this is exactly what happened before and the reason I thought it "crashed" was because in the other plugins that I've installed which required a complete restart of Sage, a menu item came up indicating that a restart of Sage was required and asked if I wanted to restart now or later. With yours, it just restarts with no indication that Sage is just going to close... that's why I thought something went wrong

I do have RoadRunner Lightning and get, on good sites, over 1 megabyte per second download speeds. I'll try some of the testing outside of Sage that you mention.

Thanks much again for the work you put into this plugin. I've got some IP cameras I'm excited to try out too once I get a few moments
Old 07-28-2010, 08:27 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Hi,

Michael
I'm getting no signal with your standard Parrot Cam, and also no audio generated when using WFE to power Slimplayer. Sage interface almost grinds to a halt while tuning the Parrot Cam.

Similar Java exception that someone else posted here in my encoder log... Using VLAN 1.02. No problems playing the parrot URL through VLAN itself...

Hope this helps.

-S
Attached Files
File Type: zip encoder - Copy.zip (77.2 KB, 407 views)

Old 07-28-2010, 08:39 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
I'm getting no signal with your standard Parrot Cam, and also no audio generated when using WFE to power Slimplayer. Sage interface almost grinds to a halt while tuning the Parrot Cam.

Similar Java exception that someone else posted here in my encoder log... Using VLAN 1.02. No problems playing the parrot URL through VLAN itself...

Hope this helps.

-S
Mine also slows way down and key presses (even STOP) take a long time to be recognized. I do have the CPU meter plugin installed and while the CPU is a bit higher than normal it is not maxed out so not sure what is causing such a slow response in Sage when tuning (or attempting to tune) a station.
Old 07-28-2010, 08:45 PM
Sage Aficionado

D'oh! I just read:

Added as suggested. It gets me further. Now when I try to tune the parrot cam, I get an error saying:

"Windows cannot find "C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\VLC.exe

Which makes sense, as those of us using 64 bit, X86 apps end up in:

C:\Program Files (x86)\....

Changed it in the encoder.props

However I'm back to No Signal again.... :-( No java exceptions in encoder log tho now...

Old 07-29-2010, 07:15 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
NASA TV is pretty reliable usually - so any problems playing can be other factors like your network, your PC, version of VLC etc..

Something to try which takes SageTV out of the equation...

Use the config tool to test a channel if it plays fine then its SageTV being a PITA.
Ever since I started using this I haven't seen an option where the Config Tool can "play" a channel. I can "test the reception" but all I ever get is a bunch of text. I do get a VLC window that pops up but there is only constant scrolling text with a lot of messages/info. One bit of info that repeats a lot is "buffer underflow". That doesn't sound good. LOL

I just ran a speed test from this computer and am getting 36,211kbps so I don't see my problem being a slow internet connection.

Quote:
If there are still problems then if you want to take webfeedencoder and SageTV out of the equation you can just run up VLC. Choose file->open->network and paste in the tuning URL. If there are still problems then its the remote server, the network, or some resource constraint on you box.

I've just noticed the channel has a different tuning URL on my home box:

http://www.nasa.gov/55644main_NASATV_Windows.asx

You could try that for size.

What version of VLC are you now using by the way?

Michael
Playing that NASA feed directly in VLC it played flawlessly and didn't hiccup once.

Thanks!
Old 07-29-2010, 01:13 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
D'oh! I just read:

Added as suggested. It gets me further. Now when I try to tune the parrot cam, I get an error saying:

"Windows cannot find "C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\VLC.exe

Which makes sense, as those of us using 64 bit, X86 apps end up in:

C:\Program Files (x86)\....

Changed it in the encoder.props

However I'm back to No Signal again.... :-( No java exceptions in encoder log tho now...
Hi,

Can you post the encoder.log please.

Also when you try and tune the channel open up windows task manager.

You should see a java.exe with encoder.jar in the command line

You should see a vlc.exe session quoting a vlc-conf file <callsign>.conf.

Does the vlc.exe session memory use grow - does it look like its busy.

If memory stays the same and it doesn't seem to use CPU then it has probably crashed. This usually turns out to be a windows permissioning problem.

Michael