SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 01-03-2016, 09:29 PM
Sage User

All4

Great job on the iplayer plugin. I see there is a 4OD (all4) option. Is it working ? My wife loves all those property shows and "A Place in the sun"
Old 01-04-2016, 03:46 AM
Sage Fanatic

CH5, ITVPlayer and 4OD...

Had some early success with CH5 but never managed to get the others working.

Its on my mind to give it another go but I don't have high hopes due to streaming technology they use and encryption etc,

Quote:
Originally Posted by alland View Post
Great job on the iplayer plugin. I see there is a 4OD (all4) option. Is it working ? My wife loves all those property shows and "A Place in the sun"
Old 04-05-2016, 05:50 PM

Hi Michael,

Looks like catalogue is not working? Well at least mine has stopped, lost most channels and what is there for a program is a corrupted URL?
Old 04-06-2016, 05:46 PM

Belay that, now working after running a couple of catalogues
Old 09-29-2016, 03:27 PM
Sage Fanatic

The beeb has started asking if you have a TV licence recently.

I think that stopped my cataloging working.

But it seems much happier since I went to Iplayer with an internet browser and responded (truthfully) with "Yes".

It hasn't asked again.

I'm sure there will be more changes in future that might challenge the plugin.
Old 10-08-2016, 10:47 AM
Sage Advanced User

Just came across this plugin not sure how I missed it earlier. It looks cool so thanks for the work put in to develop it. Not sure if the "license confirmation" change mentioned above is the cause but the catalog is not finding links to any iplayer episode. Running get_iplayer manually seems to work. It looks like my browser is asking for this confirmation every time I go to iplayer. Is this a problem for others or do I have something configured incorrectly?

On another subject has there been, or is there likely to be, any progress on the other catchup services ?

Thanks
Old 10-09-2016, 08:58 AM
Sage Fanatic

Hi,

Mine has only asked me once using chrome.

Perhaps something to do with cookies.

Though the plugin just uses get_iplayer rather than going through a browser.

So if get_iplayer works then the plugin should work also.

The answer is probably in the logs if you can send them try a catalog and then send the zipped log file

C:\Program Files (x86)\SageTV\SageTV\sagetvcatchup\logs\sagetvcatchup.log

As for the other catchup sources. I did have a go but could not get them working. Channel 5 worked for a bit in the early days.

Michael
Old 10-15-2016, 10:15 AM
Sage Advanced User

Just got back to this after traveling this week.

logfile attached.
i am able to view iplayer on a browser and "--get" videos to download via get_iplayer in a command window.

thanks for the help
Attached Files
File Type: zip sagetvcatchup.2016-10-14.log.zip (205.1 KB, 127 views)
Old 05-07-2017, 10:37 AM
Sage Fanatic

Not working

Plugin no longer working.

BBC have withdrawn support for XML meta data.

I will have to see if I can get what I need from the JSON feed

Michael

-------------------------------------------------

Maintenance mode

From April 18, 2017, the BBC is no longer able to offer XML, RDF and iCalendar (.ics) views of programme metadata from this location.

Work is underway in some areas of the BBC with a view to providing a durable successor to the decommissioned data views, and when the shape of this work is known, suitable communications will be put in place to direct the wider technology community towards that successor.

Until that time, it is possible to offer JSON views of many metadata aggregations from 'http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes', but these views cannot, unfortunately, include those of TV channel and radio station schedules, or A-Z or genre and format listings for a channel or station.

The remaining JSON feeds will remain in operation until May 1, 2018.

To expend new development effort on maintaining the decommissioned views would significantly threaten the future existence of the BBC's responsive web offering for programme websites. This includes the responsive web views of schedules for all of the BBC’s broadcast services (listed at http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes#services), which continue to be available.

Additionally - and this won't concern all users of data views, but may need some clarity - we would like to point out that no provision of metadata feeds from the BBC constitutes an implicit or explicit licence to download rights-controlled digital media content for indefinite retention by the downloader.

The Charter under which the BBC operates has, for many years, required it to commission a proportion of its content from commercial suppliers. Additionally, it engages independent performers and other contributors to certain programmes (including those produced by the BBC itself), according to commercial terms. All of the resulting agreements set limitations on the availability of the programmes online. It is not possible for the BBC to selectively ignore or to abrogate these obligations.
Old 05-22-2017, 11:36 AM
Sage Fanatic

Working on a fix for this - will post a relacement getEpisode.groovy file here soon