SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 09-29-2015, 06:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by toony View Post
Thanks Tmiranda ! This is great.

Is there any chance a History option can be added?

Cheers
History of what? Watched videos? Downloaded videos? Imported videos? Let me know what you are referring to.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 09-29-2015, 11:40 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
Beta version 0.14 is now ready. Changelog:
[*]What's New now honors the sort order preference of "When Listing Favorite Channels".
When sorting by date the "Whats new list" is sorted per section but not all over all.

Any way - YouTube Plugin is by far my preferred YouTube client ! Great Work ! I really appreciate it !
Old 09-30-2015, 05:49 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wubdich View Post
When sorting by date the "Whats new list" is sorted per section but not all over all.

Any way - YouTube Plugin is by far my preferred YouTube client ! Great Work ! I really appreciate it !
That's working as designed I can look at sorting it overall if you prefer?

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 09-30-2015, 04:56 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Beta version 0.14 is now ready. Changelog:
  • Added "Best of YouTube" to the main menu.
  • Rearranged the main menu order.
  • Added advanced option to specify how far from the end of the video (in seconds) is considered "watched".
  • Added "Favorite by Keyword".
  • What's New now honors the sort order preference of "When Listing Favorite Channels".
  • Added option to control he listing order of Videos in What's New.
  • Fixed a bug that would keep the "delete downloaded" option available on the options menu after the file had been deleted.
  • Fixed a bug that would prevent videos with a video ID starting with a hyphen to be played (or downloaded).
  • Fixed a bug that would prevent watched time from being updated if video was playing in preview window or background.
  • Fixed a bug that would cause return to wrong menu if video was playing in preview window stop was pressed.

Right now you can't setup the keyword favorites to automatically record and they will not show up in "What's New", that will be in the next release. This is the last functionality I plan on adding before releasing the plugin as "version 1.0".

If you have any additional functionality you would like to see let me know. I'm trying to wrap this up so I can spend more time on the open source project

Enjoy.
Hi - apps working really well, except I can't figure one thing out: if I download a rather large YouTube video, I know you can change the temp dir where it resides until you quit Sage.
However, what if you want to save that video for later use? I'm having trouble sorting that out. Is there an easy way to save, for later use, the YouTube video you just downloaded?

thanks
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson
Old 09-30-2015, 07:27 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmaster2 View Post
Hi - apps working really well, except I can't figure one thing out: if I download a rather large YouTube video, I know you can change the temp dir where it resides until you quit Sage.
However, what if you want to save that video for later use? I'm having trouble sorting that out. Is there an easy way to save, for later use, the YouTube video you just downloaded?

thanks
The best way is to record the video. All temp files are deleted either when you are finished watching them or when Sage exits. (That's configurable.)

If you are doing progressive playback or downloading before playing I think if you press the record button any time after the video has been completely downloaded, and before you exit the player, it will be saved as an imported video. This is part of the default STV behavior and I didn't (knowingly) make any changes to that.

Old 09-30-2015, 09:42 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
The best way is to record the video. All temp files are deleted either when you are finished watching them or when Sage exits. (That's configurable.)

If you are doing progressive playback or downloading before playing I think if you press the record button any time after the video has been completely downloaded, and before you exit the player, it will be saved as an imported video. This is part of the default STV behavior and I didn't (knowingly) make any changes to that.
ok, great. thanks
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson
Old 10-01-2015, 01:05 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
History of what? Watched videos? Downloaded videos? Imported videos? Let me know what you are referring to.
Watched history, would be Amazing.

2xhd300
Old 10-01-2015, 02:17 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by toony View Post
Watched history, would be Amazing.
Should be easy. It already keeps that info, just need to display it I am putting the finishing touches on the next release which will include automatically recording Keyword Favorites and showing Keyword Favorites in "What's New". I'll get the watched history into the release following that.

Old 10-01-2015, 02:34 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I can look at sorting it overall if you prefer?
That would be marvelous .. !
Old 10-02-2015, 06:19 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wubdich View Post
That would be marvelous .. !
OK, but it probably will not make the next release.

Old 10-02-2015, 03:24 PM
SageTVaholic

Version 0.15

Beta 0.15 is ready. Changelog:
  • Added advanced option to specify if Keyword Favorites are to be included in "What's New" results.
  • Added advanced option to Remove All Keyword Favorites.
  • Added ability to have Keyword Favorites automatically downloaded.
  • Removed advanced option "Remove All Recording History".
  • Slightly rearranged advanced options menu.
  • Fixed a bug that would cause the wrong results being returned (from cache) when the list order had changed.

Note that if you select a keyword favorite to automatically record, you must select the "Max Number to Record per Check". This is the maximum number that will be queued each time the plugin checks for new favorites. I suggest you set this to a small number (I use 5).

By default the plugin checks for new favorites every hour but it's configurable in the Recording Options. It also checks for new Favorites every time you add or modify a favorite.

I did it this way because keyword favorites can generate a lot of matches and if they are all queued up at once your system may be downloading for many hours

Old 10-03-2015, 12:16 PM
Sage User

Fantastic

Thanks so much for this plugin. I had thought for a couple years now that a DVR for YouTube would be great, but I never imagined it could be this good!

My kids and I had a little chuckle when we first read "Discussing the situation with YouTube". Very funny.

Core-i5 6600k
16GB RAM
Hauppauge WinTV-QuadHD
Win10
Old 10-03-2015, 01:06 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
Thanks so much for this plugin. I had thought for a couple years now that a DVR for YouTube would be great, but I never imagined it could be this good!

My kids and I had a little chuckle when we first read "Discussing the situation with YouTube". Very funny.
Thank you.

I originally had other funny things in there that my kids found amusing. I tamed it down before releasing it. Might as well have a little fun when writing these things

Old 10-03-2015, 03:02 PM
SageTVaholic

I've got the Watched History working and I put in an option to not have "What's New" grouped by channel. I also put in a rudimentary system that lets you jump through lists by typing a letter.

Any other requests?

Old 10-03-2015, 08:46 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Beta 0.15 is ready. Changelog:
  • Added advanced option to specify if Keyword Favorites are to be included in "What's New" results.
  • Added advanced option to Remove All Keyword Favorites.
  • Added ability to have Keyword Favorites automatically downloaded.
  • Removed advanced option "Remove All Recording History".
  • Slightly rearranged advanced options menu.
  • Fixed a bug that would cause the wrong results being returned (from cache) when the list order had changed.

Note that if you select a keyword favorite to automatically record, you must select the "Max Number to Record per Check". This is the maximum number that will be queued each time the plugin checks for new favorites. I suggest you set this to a small number (I use 5).

By default the plugin checks for new favorites every hour but it's configurable in the Recording Options. It also checks for new Favorites every time you add or modify a favorite.

I did it this way because keyword favorites can generate a lot of matches and if they are all queued up at once your system may be downloading for many hours
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

I had two existing keyword favs. After upgrading to latest version, I set them to download from BEGINNING, min duration 3 mins and max number to 5. No videos have been downloaded so far (its been several hours). I've also attempted "forced" checks with no luck. I will try to delete and and recreate the favs (and also try other keywords) and report back in a day or two. Just thought I'd let you know what I am seeing.
Old 10-04-2015, 03:50 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaurav View Post
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

I had two existing keyword favs. After upgrading to latest version, I set them to download from BEGINNING, min duration 3 mins and max number to 5. No videos have been downloaded so far (its been several hours). I've also attempted "forced" checks with no luck. I will try to delete and and recreate the favs (and also try other keywords) and report back in a day or two. Just thought I'd let you know what I am seeing.
Attach a logfile for me to look at please.

Old 10-04-2015, 07:44 AM
Sage Advanced User

Which log file do you need? my sagetv log file is only 7kb and doesn't have anything useful.

Youtube logging level is set to "trace". I changed it to "extreme" and then forced a check. But it didn't add anything to the sagetv log file.

Meanwhile, it seems youtube is recording just one video over and over again. I have already deleted it thrice.

Also, I just browsed the two keyword favorites and they only list 5 videos each now. I thought the "max number" would only limit how many are downloaded - not how many are listed.
Old 10-04-2015, 08:10 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Which log file do you need? my sagetv log file is only 7kb and doesn't have anything useful.

Youtube logging level is set to "trace". I changed it to "extreme" and then forced a check. But it didn't add anything to the sagetv log file.

Meanwhile, it seems youtube is recording just one video over and over again. I have already deleted it thrice.

Also, I just browsed the two keyword favorites and they only list 5 videos each now. I thought the "max number" would only limit how many are downloaded - not how many are listed.
You should see things in the saggetv_0.txt logfile on the server. Set the debug level to TRACE. EXTREME will produce too much.

If it's recording over and over ofter deleting it, check to see if "re record deleted videos" is enabled. If it's enabled then the plugin is doing what it should. If it's disabled then it's a bug.

The "max to record per check" option should not change how many are displayed when you browse. I can't reproduce this on my system. Are you sure you changed the right options?

Old 10-04-2015, 09:12 AM
Sage Advanced User

turned debug logging on and restarted SageTV
used the windows client on the server to start the SageTV app
navigated to Youtube and forced a check
it downloaded a video (different video from the one that was being downloaded before)
navigated to recordings and deleted the downloaded video (set to watched)
came back to Youtube and forced a check.
It downloaded the same video again.
No other videos were downloaded.
Turned debug logging off. Log file is attached.

Confirmed re record deleted videos is off.

While I was logged into the server, the windows client did list all videos. Came back to the HD200 where I was testing earlier and it still shows only 5 videos. Changed the max to 3, and the number of videos listed also dropped down to 3 (after a little lag). Changed max back to 5 and now 5 videos are displayed
Attached Files
File Type: zip sagetvclient_0.zip (348.4 KB, 110 views)
Old 10-04-2015, 11:16 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
turned debug logging on and restarted SageTV
used the windows client on the server to start the SageTV app
navigated to Youtube and forced a check
it downloaded a video (different video from the one that was being downloaded before)
navigated to recordings and deleted the downloaded video (set to watched)
came back to Youtube and forced a check.
It downloaded the same video again.
No other videos were downloaded.
Turned debug logging off. Log file is attached.

Confirmed re record deleted videos is off.

While I was logged into the server, the windows client did list all videos. Came back to the HD200 where I was testing earlier and it still shows only 5 videos. Changed the max to 3, and the number of videos listed also dropped down to 3 (after a little lag). Changed max back to 5 and now 5 videos are displayed
Thanks, I'll look at it shortly. I will need the log from the server too. (sagetv_0.txt)