SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 11-06-2015, 02:12 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
Did you try rebooting the server? There may be an issue with the cache. If that doesn't work send me a logfile showing the failure, maybe that will tell me something.
Yes, I've rebooted (server, clients and extenders) without success. There didn't appear anything revealing in the logs either.

I did notice that my config was a real mess. Some YouTube settings were stored in SageClient.properties (in the case of PC clients), some settings were stored in MAC.properties (in the case of extenders) and some settings were stored in Sage.properties on the server (which is running as a service). Moreover, the PC clients appeared to have their own copies of youtube.properties, youtube-dl and youtube-dl.exe. All devices (server, PC clients and extenders) showed v1.00 being installed in the plugins menu, but that was not reflected in the contents of the SageClient.properties file (one of them still reflected the beta version). Additionally, some settings found in the respective .properties file did not match what was displayed on the device. For example, one extender had "youtube_consider_watched=5000" in its .properties file, but the menu of the device showed 30 seconds.

I'm now uninstalling the plug-in and clearing all settings from all .properties files and starting fresh. Do I need to clear/delete anything else to make sure I'm starting cleanly? Should the plugin be installed through an extender, PC client or both? Will config changes made on one device propagate to other devices or does each device maintain its own config for all settings?
Old 11-06-2015, 06:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boolah View Post
I did notice that my config was a real mess. Some YouTube settings were stored in SageClient.properties (in the case of PC clients), some settings were stored in MAC.properties (in the case of extenders) and some settings were stored in Sage.properties on the server (which is running as a service). Moreover, the PC clients appeared to have their own copies of youtube.properties, youtube-dl and youtube-dl.exe. All devices (server, PC clients and extenders) showed v1.00 being installed in the plugins menu, but that was not reflected in the contents of the SageClient.properties file (one of them still reflected the beta version). Additionally, some settings found in the respective .properties file did not match what was displayed on the device. For example, one extender had "youtube_consider_watched=5000" in its .properties file, but the menu of the device showed 30 seconds.
That's all normal. You should not have to mess with the .properties files. Details:
  • Properties that are "global" to all installed instances of the plugin are stored in the .properties file on the server.
  • Properties that are specific to each device are stored in SageClient.properties (for SageClients) and MAC.properties (for extenders).
  • youtube-dl, yourtube_dl.exe and youtube.properties need to be on each device. If you delete them the plugin won't work.

I think you may have done too much fixing

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 11-07-2015, 06:50 AM
Sage Advanced User

I'm pretty convinced now that my issues have nothing to do with this plugin, but some other corruption in my system that was manifesting itself in the use of this plugin.

I removed the plugin from all of my devices (server, extenders, clients), cleaned all youtube settings from the respective .properties files and reinstalled the plugin on the server through a single HD300. I then made all configuration changes on that one extender. I noticed that it still had all of the channels which I had marked as favorites as well as watched status for videos - is this info stored in wiz.bin?

In any event, the settings I configured on the HD300 I could see showing up in the respective MAC.cfg file and the settings were correctly displayed in the UI of the HD300, but they were not actually being used. For example, setting "youtube_consider_watched=30000" (i.e. 30 seconds) did not actually mark a video as watched until it was < 5 seconds from the end. There was a setting in the Sage.properties file (the server config) which I presume was the default settings this value to 5000 (5 seconds), but the HD300 was not respecting its own value. Additionally, I was still experiencing my original problem of videos for channels that begin with ignored words (i.e. "the") were not showing up in the "What's New" section.

I then tried to install the plugin on a PC client where I observed the same thing as described above. But here things got a little stranger. When going to the Plugins menu setting on the client, I only saw two options "All Available Plugins" and "Installed Plugins". PC clients should have three options: "All Available Plugins", "Installed Server Plugins" and "Installed Client Plugins". Reverting (from Gemstone) to the stock UI showed the three plugin menu options. Moreover, the only errors I'm seeing in my logs (either client or server) are those pertaining to the inability to access Google to update the weather.

So, TL;DR: this looks like a corruption with something on my system rather than a problem with this plugin (or Gemstone as I've been using it since it was release years ago without issue).
Old 11-08-2015, 06:47 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I'm pretty convinced now that my issues have nothing to do with this plugin, but some other corruption in my system that was manifesting itself in the use of this plugin.

I removed the plugin from all of my devices (server, extenders, clients), cleaned all youtube settings from the respective .properties files and reinstalled the plugin on the server through a single HD300. I then made all configuration changes on that one extender. I noticed that it still had all of the channels which I had marked as favorites as well as watched status for videos - is this info stored in wiz.bin?

In any event, the settings I configured on the HD300 I could see showing up in the respective MAC.cfg file and the settings were correctly displayed in the UI of the HD300, but they were not actually being used. For example, setting "youtube_consider_watched=30000" (i.e. 30 seconds) did not actually mark a video as watched until it was < 5 seconds from the end. There was a setting in the Sage.properties file (the server config) which I presume was the default settings this value to 5000 (5 seconds), but the HD300 was not respecting its own value. Additionally, I was still experiencing my original problem of videos for channels that begin with ignored words (i.e. "the") were not showing up in the "What's New" section.

I then tried to install the plugin on a PC client where I observed the same thing as described above. But here things got a little stranger. When going to the Plugins menu setting on the client, I only saw two options "All Available Plugins" and "Installed Plugins". PC clients should have three options: "All Available Plugins", "Installed Server Plugins" and "Installed Client Plugins". Reverting (from Gemstone) to the stock UI showed the three plugin menu options. Moreover, the only errors I'm seeing in my logs (either client or server) are those pertaining to the inability to access Google to update the weather.

So, TL;DR: this looks like a corruption with something on my system rather than a problem with this plugin (or Gemstone as I've been using it since it was release years ago without issue).
Glad you're making headway. And yes, favorites, watched status, and a few other settings are stored in the wiz.bin.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 11-13-2015, 05:30 AM
Sage Advanced User

I've rebuilt my SageTV server. The only thing I brought over from my old installation was my wiz.bin. I've only connected to and configured the new SageTV installation from extenders (HD300's and HD200's) - no PC clients. I'm still running SageTV v7 with Java v1.7.0 u79 (32-bit).

I'm still seeing two issues: videos from channels whose names begin with ignored words aren't showing up in the "What's New" section, and the "youtube_consider_watched" setting on the client not being respected. I think I managed to isolate the bug with the first issue, but am still stumped with the second.

Videos from channels whose names begin with ignored words do not show up in the "What's New" section when the "When Listing Favorite Channels" option in the "YouTube Retrieval and Sort Order Options" is set to "Alphabetical". When this option is set to "Order Added", those video show up without issue in the "What's New" section.

I changed the "youtube_considered_watched" setting on a HD300 to 30 seconds. This value displays correctly in the GUI of the HD300 and I can see "youtube_considered_watched=30000" in the MAC.properties file for the HD300, but the HD300 only marks videos as watched if they are within 5 seconds of their end. I repeated this with other HD300's and HD200's as well. I do see the default value in Sage.properties set to "youtube_considered_watched=5000". Is it possible that the client value is being ignored and all client's are either picking up the value from the server or simply ignoring the value set in their own .properties file and using the default?

I've rebooted both server and extenders after making changes to make sure they stuck. I have also not edited any .properties files by hand. All changes were made through one of the extenders.

Last edited by Boolah; 11-13-2015 at 05:38 AM. Reason: type-o's
Old 11-13-2015, 06:46 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I've rebuilt my SageTV server. The only thing I brought over from my old installation was my wiz.bin. I've only connected to and configured the new SageTV installation from extenders (HD300's and HD200's) - no PC clients. I'm still running SageTV v7 with Java v1.7.0 u79 (32-bit).

I'm still seeing two issues: videos from channels whose names begin with ignored words aren't showing up in the "What's New" section, and the "youtube_consider_watched" setting on the client not being respected. I think I managed to isolate the bug with the first issue, but am still stumped with the second.

Videos from channels whose names begin with ignored words do not show up in the "What's New" section when the "When Listing Favorite Channels" option in the "YouTube Retrieval and Sort Order Options" is set to "Alphabetical". When this option is set to "Order Added", those video show up without issue in the "What's New" section.

I changed the "youtube_considered_watched" setting on a HD300 to 30 seconds. This value displays correctly in the GUI of the HD300 and I can see "youtube_considered_watched=30000" in the MAC.properties file for the HD300, but the HD300 only marks videos as watched if they are within 5 seconds of their end. I repeated this with other HD300's and HD200's as well. I do see the default value in Sage.properties set to "youtube_considered_watched=5000". Is it possible that the client value is being ignored and all client's are either picking up the value from the server or simply ignoring the value set in their own .properties file and using the default?

I've rebooted both server and extenders after making changes to make sure they stuck. I have also not edited any .properties files by hand. All changes were made through one of the extenders.
OK, I'll look at this again this weekend. I haven't done much lately due to lack of time. (My real job has been keeping me very busy!)

Old 11-13-2015, 07:15 AM
Sage Advanced User

Take your time. Neither of these issues are show-stoppers. Thanks for investing your time in this terrific plugin in the first place!
Old 11-14-2015, 08:53 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I changed the "youtube_considered_watched" setting on a HD300 to 30 seconds.
How did you change this setting? Did you edit the properties file or did you use the UI options menu to make the change?

Also, are you seeing this behavior with:
- Videos that you are watching as they are being progressively downloaded?
- Videos that you are watching that have been downloaded then played?
- Videos that have been imported into the Sage database (ie. they appear as recorded TV or as imported videos) then played?

Old 11-14-2015, 09:03 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

I still can't reproduce this. I've added The REDskins as a favorite channel and set "When Listing Favorite Channels" to "Alphabetical". When I select the "What's New" menu I see many videos from The REDskins channel. Can you tell me what all of the other setting are on the "Retrieval and Sort Order" options menu? (Might be easiest to take a screenshot.)

Old 11-14-2015, 09:58 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
How did you change this setting? Did you edit the properties file or did you use the UI options menu to make the change?
All changes made to my new SageTV installation (not just the YouTube plugin, but any SageTV change at all) have been through extenders (HD300's and HD200's) only. I have opened the .properties files to see what settings are changing and what settings aren't, but I have not made any changes in any of the .properties files. [EDIT: I did make one change to the Sage.Properties file when I fired up SageTV for the first time. I set "advanced_video_file_recovery" to "true", loaded SageTV, let it find all of my media, shut it down and set the value to "false".]

Quote:
I'm still using SageTV v7 (not v9), so there is no progressive download.

Quote:
Yes

Quote:
- Videos that have been imported into the Sage database (ie. they appear as recorded TV or as imported videos) then played?
I'm not importing any YouTube videos into SageTV recordings or imported videos (i.e. "Import Recorded Videos" is set to "None").

Last edited by Boolah; 11-14-2015 at 10:09 AM.
Old 11-14-2015, 10:04 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I still can't reproduce this. I've added The REDskins as a favorite channel and set "When Listing Favorite Channels" to "Alphabetical". When I select the "What's New" menu I see many videos from The REDskins channel. Can you tell me what all of the other setting are on the "Retrieval and Sort Order" options menu? (Might be easiest to take a screenshot.)
Screenshot attached. You might also want to check out "The Young Turks" channel as I see it happening there. Although, it shouldn't be the last channel added to favorites as the "Alphabetical" and "Order Added" sorting will be the same.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20151114_1051481.jpg (488.0 KB, 138 views)
Old 11-14-2015, 12:38 PM
SageTVaholic

I still can't reproduce the issue with The RedSkins. Take a look at the attached. Are you sure there are new videos on the channel?

Edit: I can reproduce this with "The Young Turks".
Attached Images
File Type: png Shot2.png (585.4 KB, 159 views)
File Type: jpg Shot1.jpg (153.7 KB, 145 views)

Last edited by tmiranda; 11-14-2015 at 12:52 PM.
Old 11-14-2015, 01:29 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I still can't reproduce the issue with The RedSkins. Take a look at the attached. Are you sure there are new videos on the channel?

Edit: I can reproduce this with "The Young Turks".
I actually just used that "The Redskins" channel as a test on my old system when I first saw this happening. Haven't added it in on the new system, but it's happening on "The Young Turks" on both old and new systems. I'm glad you can reproduce it as I was beginning to think I was losing my grip on reality
Old 11-14-2015, 01:48 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I actually just used that "The Redskins" channel as a test on my old system when I first saw this happening. Haven't added it in on the new system, but it's happening on "The Young Turks" on both old and new systems. I'm glad you can reproduce it as I was beginning to think I was losing my grip on reality
No, it was a bug. Thanks for finding it! Try the attached YouTube.jar file. You must stop Sage before replacing the .jar file. I'd also recommend keeping a copy of the old .jar file just in case.

I'll work on the watched bug next.
Attached Files
File Type: zip YouTube.zip (142.9 KB, 111 views)

Old 11-14-2015, 02:07 PM
Sage Advanced User

The new jar file looks like it fixed it! Thanks!
Old 11-14-2015, 02:11 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

Now trying to reproduce the "watched" issue. I set "Seconds to End Before Watched" to 30 and it worked as expected for me. Please tell me what you have selected for the following options:

- Download before playing (on the main options menu.)
- Start Watching Video (on the main options menu.)
- Delete Temporary File (on the temporary files options menu.)
- Temporary File Storage Location (on the temporary files options menu.)

Old 11-14-2015, 02:19 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Now trying to reproduce the "watched" issue. I set "Seconds to End Before Watched" to 30 and it worked as expected for me. Please tell me what you have selected for the following options:

Download before playing (on the main options menu.)
Enabled

Quote:
Start Watching Video (on the main options menu.)
Where I left Off

Quote:
Delete Temporary File (on the temporary files options menu.)
When Sage Exits

Quote:
Temporary File Storage Location (on the temporary files options menu.)
\\Media\PVR01\YouTube

(\\Media\PVR01 is a SageTV Video Recording Directory and I created the YouTube folder in there to separate out the YouTube videos from the regular SageTV recordings).
Old 11-14-2015, 09:29 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quick question (and I apologize if it's been answered in this thread already) -

First of all thanks for the amazing work - I find myself watching Youtube more than Directv Genie or even live TV now.

Is there a way to watch exactly what is being downloaded and the current progress short of opening up the sagetv_0.txt file on the server? When I configure the plugin that I can see the number of queue items, but I don't know which one it's currently working on.
I'm convinced one on my kids' favorites (i.e. Minecraft videos) has "plugged" up the queue so to speak. I restarted Sage and it seems to be working now.

Thanks!
Shawn

Last edited by Shield; 11-14-2015 at 09:31 PM.
Old 11-15-2015, 05:33 AM
Sage Aficionado

downloaded youtube videos showing in root folder

In the configuration for the plugin I have my downloads set to go into a YouTube folder. When I record / download a video it places the file in this directory but when I navigate in Sagetv to the Videos -> Folders section the videos are displayed in the root and not in the YouTube folder. How do I stop this as cant seem to move them.

Thanks
Old 11-15-2015, 05:55 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shield View Post
Is there a way to watch exactly what is being downloaded and the current progress short of opening up the sagetv_0.txt file on the server? When I configure the plugin that I can see the number of queue items, but I don't know which one it's currently working on.
I'm convinced one on my kids' favorites (i.e. Minecraft videos) has "plugged" up the queue so to speak. I restarted Sage and it seems to be working now.
Funny, my son uses the PlugIn to record MineCraft videos as well

Go to Options -> Recording Options -> Edit Recording Queue. That will show you what's in the queue. Note that this option will not show up if you are viewing on a SageClient or the queue is empty.