SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > General Discussion > General Discussion
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

General Discussion General discussion about SageTV and related companies, products, and technologies.

Old 08-22-2015, 08:09 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvd_maniac View Post
I'm looking to buy PlayLater but I'm not sure how it works from inside the extender... Would I be able to search/browse and then record from my Netflix account from within the Sage GUI?

And as far as hoarder king goes:
Currently up to 27,698 episodes & movies

Am I at least in the conversation?

And for those with Very Large imported video collections... Do you have any issues with the imported videos losing a significant amount of videos every now and then forcing you to do a rescan?
With the PlayOn plugin it might be possible I don't use it so don't know. I use the PlayLater program and browse inside that to record my programs to MP4 files. Then I move them to my "Online" import folder and do an Import scan to get them into SageTV and with BMT to get show information. All of that is done from a PC.
Old 08-22-2015, 10:40 AM
SageTVaholic

No, you cannot manage PlayLater from within Sage. All sage can do is browse playon/playlater's upnp structure, which allows playing back the playlater recordings that are already there, but doesn't allow adding shows to be recorded.

That said, I believe there are api's to control PlayLater, so it's not something that couldn't be implemented, but as of yet, I don't believe anyone has looked at doing so.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 08-23-2015, 06:22 AM
Sage Icon

Fuzzy is correct, evilpenguin had checked out of here before PlayLater was invented.

That said, the Podcast Recorder plug-in actually works similarly to PlayLater (and always has)... It just sometimes doesn't work with certain channels. But for the most part, if you have it running, upon choosing a video in PlayOn, you are given the option to record it. You can choose a bunch of videos at once and they are queued, and record one after the other.
Tuners: 4 tuners via (2) HDHomeruns (100% OTA, DIY antennas in the attic).
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.