SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Github Development
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Github Development Discussion related to SageTV Open Source Development. Use this forum for development topics about the Open Source versions of SageTV, hosted on Github.

Old 08-12-2015, 04:17 PM
Sage Aficionado

NASs? Docker?

I put a couple things in the FAQ request. thread. But not sure I should have. so I am posting this one seperate. (if it belongs there by all means move it )

Question is: how hard would it be to make sage a Plugin for Synology, QNAP, etc? My Synology is a DS1512+, So I think it has the power to do the job. I beleive it supports docker containers as well so that might be a neat option?
Retired - Hava, MediaMVP, HD-100, HD-PVR, HVR-2250, Ceton InfiniTV4, Original (white) HDHomeRun Died - HD-100, HD-300
Old 08-12-2015, 04:27 PM
Sage Advanced User

+1 I'd love to run SageTV server on NAS
Old 08-12-2015, 04:55 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePaladinTech View Post
I put a couple things in the FAQ request. thread. But not sure I should have. so I am posting this one seperate. (if it belongs there by all means move it )

Question is: how hard would it be to make sage a Plugin for Synology, QNAP, etc? My Synology is a DS1512+, So I think it has the power to do the job. I beleive it supports docker containers as well so that might be a neat option?
Pretty sure at least one forum member has already expressed intention to build a Docker build.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 08-12-2015, 08:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Pretty sure at least one forum member has already expressed intention to build a Docker build.
Correct coppit was going to try to build a Docker for unRAID if I remember correctly.
Old 08-13-2015, 06:40 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePaladinTech View Post

The tricky bit is drivers. Dockers can't add drivers not present in the host OS, so if your tuners need special drivers a Docker can't help. Hopefully though, it's possible to make a Docker for SageTV that supports HD HomeRuns without the need for host OS drivers.
Old 08-13-2015, 07:00 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89 View Post
The tricky bit is drivers. Dockers can't add drivers not present in the host OS, so if your tuners need special drivers a Docker can't help. Hopefully though, it's possible to make a Docker for SageTV that supports HD HomeRuns without the need for host OS drivers.
Somewhat related to this, I've started looking into (just at the concept level) what it would take to turn a raspberry pi running raspbian into a network encoder that could host a USB HD-PVR. This combo, if it can utilize the Hauppauge blaster, seems the ideal setup to stash in a closet somewhere with a cable/sat box and be a standalone unit on the network, providing it's source rather seemlessly to sage.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Old 08-13-2015, 08:14 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Somewhat related to this, I've started looking into (just at the concept level) what it would take to turn a raspberry pi running raspbian into a network encoder that could host a USB HD-PVR. This combo, if it can utilize the Hauppauge blaster, seems the ideal setup to stash in a closet somewhere with a cable/sat box and be a standalone unit on the network, providing it's source rather seemlessly to sage.
That's a pretty cool idea! It would turn an HD-PVR into a networked tuner like the HD-Homeruns.
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
Primary Client: Server Other Clients: (1) HD200, (1) HD300
Retired Equipment: MediaMVP, PVR150 (x2), PVR150MCE,
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR
Old 08-13-2015, 09:34 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiki View Post
That's a pretty cool idea! It would turn an HD-PVR into a networked tuner like the HD-Homeruns.
That's my thought.... I don't actually have my hands on an HD-PVR yet though (my setup uses a colossus)

Old 08-13-2015, 09:32 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobPhoenix View Post
Correct coppit was going to try to build a Docker for unRAID if I remember correctly.
Righto. I have the server up, but I don't have any clients that can connect to it... My client build is failing with "Jtux error: Java native types don't match POSIX/SUS types". I'll cover that in the Docker thread in case anyone wants to help me figure it out.
Old 08-16-2015, 12:35 AM
Sage Advanced User

I'd love to use my Synology instead of my Windows server. I didn't realize it supported Docker.
Old 08-16-2015, 02:34 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by coppit View Post
Righto. I have the server up, but I don't have any clients that can connect to it... My client build is failing with "Jtux error: Java native types don't match POSIX/SUS types". I'll cover that in the Docker thread in case anyone wants to help me figure it out.
We've been discussing it over in stuckless' Linux 64 bit miniclient thread.
SageTV: SageTV Server 7.1.8 on Ubuntu Linux 11.04, SageTV Placeshifter for Mac 6.6.2, SageTV Client 7.0.15 for Windows, Linux Placeshifter 7.1.8 on Server and Client
, Java 1.6.
Plugins: Jetty, Nielm's Web Server, Mobile Web Interface.