SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 07-06-2004, 08:37 AM
Sage User

Importing videos

I set the directory to point to my copied DVD files, and Sage was correctly reflecting the 5 I origionally put in the directory. yesterday I added 5 more, went into the media menu and selected 'refresh import directory' (or whatever that specific menu option is). When I went in to play one of the new videos, only the orig 5 showed up in Sage...I restarted Sage..no luck...rebooted...no luck...deleted the directeory in the Detailed setup, and re-aded it...still, only the orig 5 showing up...

any words of wisdom?
Old 07-06-2004, 09:22 AM
Sage Fanatic

I'm not sure exactly what your problem may be, but I will say this much...

I don't really understand just what that "Refresh" does because I to have added other videos to my Library folder and the don't always show up right away.

However, if I just leave things along and go on to watching something else via LiveTV... at some point the other files seem to eventually show up in the Library.

Seems like there is still some delay until SageTV gets around to fully updating its records even though there is a 'Refresh" function listed.

Maybe that "Refresh" works better for audio files than videos. I don't know since I haven't set up any MP3 music files yet.

So, maybe if you just leave the files there and don't mess with things they will eventually show up some time later?

A little more info from Frey in the documentation about how/when SageTV scans/updates its lists of files would be helpful, but I know those guys are very busy working out other problems right now so I'm not expecting much better documentation for a while.
Old 07-06-2004, 09:38 AM
Sage Aficionado

They should show up on their own, but if they are not, go into detailed setup, delete your import folder and re-add it. It should refresh the folder contents.