SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 11-03-2015, 08:41 PM
Sage Advanced User

Question Clear QAM Channels Merged with SD Channels after Remap?

So, as I was setting up my clear QAM channels, I noticed when I remapped a channel it always merged it into the same channel on the program guide, even when I tell it to keep the original Logical Number (ie. 76-1 vs. 45) when remapping it.

In practice this seems to act strangely. If I select the channel in the guide directly, it uses an SD tuner, and when I did a channel up then channel back down, it started using the QAM tuner.

So is there a way to keep the separate logical number in the guide for digital tuners or how is this supposed to work?
Old 11-03-2015, 10:58 PM
Sage Expert

If the channels share a callsign, Sage will consolidate the entries into a single listing. This is a behavior I first noticed in SageTV7 and is probably much older.
Old 11-04-2015, 08:24 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheraEdge View Post
So is there a way to keep the separate logical number in the guide for digital tuners or how is this supposed to work?
No there is not.
By design, Sage merges channels that have the same EPG ID. If the same station is available from multiple sources, Sage chooses which one to use - you can't manually choose the tuner.

You can set the merit for each tuner (so for example, you can tell Sage to prefer to use your OTA tuners before your cable tuners). With Sage 6 or 7 you need to shut down Sage and manually edit the properties file to change merit. With Sage 9 (OSS), I believe they added a setup screen where you can change merit.

The only way to "force" a specific tuner for testing purposes is when you go into the channel setup for a specific tuner and preview a channel.
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
Primary Client: Server Other Clients: (1) HD200, (1) HD300
Retired Equipment: MediaMVP, PVR150 (x2), PVR150MCE,
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR
Old 11-04-2015, 08:02 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiki View Post
The only way to "force" a specific tuner for testing purposes is when you go into the channel setup for a specific tuner and preview a channel.
..or find a way to make sure any other tuner that might get selected is busy doing something else.
Old 11-06-2015, 08:20 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hmm, bummer.

So I also found something else out odd. I had set up my tuner on one EPG listing, and I was able to tune and test QAM channels in the channel setup. I found that there were a few channels not available to map too, but had remembered seeing them in the 'Digial' program guide listing, so I changed over to that one. Once I did that, it now won't let me tune the channels in the preview area of the setup guide. It will tune the first one, then every time I try to tune another it just stays stuck. Why does the program guide listing mater for whether my tuner works for the preview? It obviously is still using the digital QAM channels such as 7-0-1.